Is any one else receiving an error message?

Options
2»

Comments

• Captsquee
    Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have an issue with the fact they are trying to level out the in game wealth distribution then start giving away specific cards to the wealthy players.  Which furthers the problem
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phase said:
    Starting to look like re-running Breaking Points should be a thing. I hope @Brigby will consider bringing up the event for another go for those who are getting screwed by untimely service outages.

Maybe next time don't put such a broken card as the event reward :)
    Maybe if all participants get the new broken card we're all square?

This is actually very fair. I do hope this happens. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    Maybe if all participants get the new broken card we're all square?
    I love that idea. We'd find out how balanced the card was pretty quickly then, wouldn't we?
    Tipping the trend from OP blue to OP green?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Captsquee said:
    I have an issue with the fact they are trying to level out the in game wealth distribution then start giving away specific cards to the wealthy players.  Which furthers the problem
    Or the already established players... those that hold the encyclopedia of mythics and rares. With the match up being against level 60 every time. They will win a lovely mythic yet again. D3 faces a difficult task as these guys are loaded to bear regardless the event. Unless they start bracketing events into groups of levels. Meaning level 60 players can duke it out among themselves for the coveted prize. While 1 to 10, 11 to 20, 21 to 30, 31 to 40, 41 to 50, 51 to 59 duke it out for theirs In their own events. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Or the already established players... those that hold the encyclopedia of mythics and rares. With the match up being against level 60 every time. They will win a lovely mythic yet again. D3 faces a difficult task as these guys are loaded to bear regardless the event. Unless they start bracketing events into groups of levels. Meaning level 60 players can duke it out among themselves for the coveted prize. While 1 to 10, 11 to 20, 21 to 30, 31 to 40, 41 to 50, 51 to 59 duke it out for theirs In their own events. 
    They already have people with massive Mythic libraries lurking with both lower prize tiers (gold instead of platinum) and lower level planeswalkers. 

There was talk about maybe tying mastery to flat wins and not to using a variety of cards at one point to try to address this. 

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    They already have people with massive Mythic libraries lurking with both lower prize tiers (gold instead of platinum) and lower level planeswalkers. 

There was talk about maybe tying mastery to flat wins and not to using a variety of cards at one point to try to address this. 

Am I correct in thinking that these lower teired players are actually level 60 behemoths using their new PW acquisitions and keeping them at lower levels with a premium built deck usually seen at higher levels? Forgive my ignorance as I'm still on the green side here
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Am I correct in thinking that these lower teired players are actually level 60 behemoths using their new PW acquisitions and keeping them at lower levels with a premium built deck usually seen at higher levels? Forgive my ignorance as I'm still on the green side here
    It's all kinds of players - new, established, and seasoned players.
    New players have no choice, they haven't leveled that PW yet.
    Established players (myself included) have other PWs at level 60, but their card library is limited and can't compete with seasoned players (just yesterday I was matched against Dovin that played Startled Awake into Deploy the Gatewatch and Gisela, the Broken Blade two turns in a row; I just quit) so they keep their PWs at lower level to avoid being matched against seasoned players.
    Seasoned players exploit the system and do the same, so they are matched against weaker decks of weaker decks.

Regarding mastery tiers, there are currently 47 colorless common cards, 53 colorless uncommon cards, around 55 colored common cards and 68 colored uncommon cards. This means 47+53*2+55*2+68*4 = 535 mastery points, which translates to 535-100-150-250=35 (platinum mastery tier, if I'm not mistaken).
    So a player with all common and uncommon cards and no rare/mythic cards can reach platinum mastery tier (which they are encouraged to do by the game, so they can get better rewards), but have no chance against better decks of players who master only the best cards they use (which is the usual advice to new players on forums/etc.).