Keep the Vaulted Characters Coming!

2»

Comments

• BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Had 12 Nova covers - event put me to 13 and am sitting on 1 spare cover currently (As of writing, our team hasn't received the 3rd nova cover just yet.) and I do think I will champ him now because of his vaulted status.  o:)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    fnedude said:

Edit: Of course the rewards in DPvMPQ is Riri.. ugh.. no one wants her.. no one!

Beg your pardon, but I do want her.  She's not "top 5" on my list to get done, but eventually she'll get champed.

Just because she doesn't fit your play style doesn't make her a "null character" not worth obtaining.

Sorry I did not realize you're a Riri lover. I play all different styles and feel every character has their pros and cons but like most agree, she is a poorly made character. She will likely get rebalanced in the future like previous lousy characters like Chulk, SL and Wasp were. Yes eventually they will all get champed but it doesn't mean I have to like it. The point is I'm mainly disappointed that the next reward is a latest 12 character and not a vaulted character.
    I know someone else pointed this out in another thread, but more than likely what they're doing is making sure they get the second PvE run out of the way for these characters as fast as possible so that they're added to the Crash rotation. So once we get that done we'll be getting a lot more vaulted characters in PvE rewards, outside of instances like the next couple weeks where we're going to get rapid-fire 4 star releases (Gamora + Rocket and Groot).

I figured as much.. I'm sure the devs don't want to delay Crashes again like they did for Spiderwoman and War Machine. I'm curious who Riri will face.. it'll be an interesting match of both characters in the air for 2 turns lol
    If you have that power at 5 covers, she is only in the air for one turn.

True. I haven't used her since her release. I doubt anyone is using her other than 3/5/5.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Crowl said:
    fnedude said:

Edit: Of course the rewards in DPvMPQ is Riri.. ugh.. no one wants her.. no one!

Beg your pardon, but I do want her.  She's not "top 5" on my list to get done, but eventually she'll get champed.

Just because she doesn't fit your play style doesn't make her a "null character" not worth obtaining.

Sorry I did not realize you're a Riri lover. I play all different styles and feel every character has their pros and cons but like most agree, she is a poorly made character. She will likely get rebalanced in the future like previous lousy characters like Chulk, SL and Wasp were. Yes eventually they will all get champed but it doesn't mean I have to like it. The point is I'm mainly disappointed that the next reward is a latest 12 character and not a vaulted character.
    I know someone else pointed this out in another thread, but more than likely what they're doing is making sure they get the second PvE run out of the way for these characters as fast as possible so that they're added to the Crash rotation. So once we get that done we'll be getting a lot more vaulted characters in PvE rewards, outside of instances like the next couple weeks where we're going to get rapid-fire 4 star releases (Gamora + Rocket and Groot).

I figured as much.. I'm sure the devs don't want to delay Crashes again like they did for Spiderwoman and War Machine. I'm curious who Riri will face.. it'll be an interesting match of both characters in the air for 2 turns lol

True. I haven't used her since her release. I doubt anyone is using her other than 3/5/5.
    I love how you are so quick to talk about how terrible she is and only later qualify it with "well, I've only used her tinykitty 1/1/1 loaner."  Yeah, of course you have a negative opinion of her.  As it turns out her red is actually one of the best damage/AP red abilities in the game.  And I actually run her at 5 blue because that is her niche.  At 1 blue cover (how you formed your entire opinion of her) it's one of the worst abilities in the game.  But at 5 she beautifully counters characters that generate a lot of special tiles of the same color (think Falcap, Gamora, Nova, Blade, Daken, 2BE, PHX, even OML).
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I had Agent venom at 0/1/1 he sucked but now that I have him at 5/4/4 he borders on awesome

so I won't dismiss any 4 star until I have good covers for them
  • Punisher5784
    edited May 2017
    Crowl said:
    fnedude said:

I love how you are so quick to talk about how terrible she is and only later qualify it with "well, I've only used her tinykitty 1/1/1 loaner."  Yeah, of course you have a negative opinion of her.  As it turns out her red is actually one of the best damage/AP red abilities in the game.  And I actually run her at 5 blue because that is her niche.  At 1 blue cover (how you formed your entire opinion of her) it's one of the worst abilities in the game.  But at 5 she beautifully counters characters that generate a lot of special tiles of the same color (think Falcap, Gamora, Nova, Blade, Daken, 2BE, PHX, even OML).

I love how quick you go on the attack as if I'm the only player on this forum that does not like her. The loaner in PvE has more than 1/1/1 where I'm basing my opinion. Yes I am aware how strong her red. I'm still not sold on her blue. Her green is decent. Mine is 3/3/10.. keep pulling green but I do know she's decent when boosted (like most 4*s). Overall there's many other characters I can use over her, even when I do eventually champ her. No big deal, I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have an opinion on characters. Not every player is going to like every character. I liked C4ge before everyone else started to like him. Maybe Riri will grow on me and if she does I will make sure to message you with my feedback. 
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Riri is one of the tinykity characters in the game and is the worst new character in recent Marvel history. Ugh, she's the epitome of everything wrong with Marvel nowadays.
    Everybody is welcome to disagree but that's my opinion as a longtime (25+ years) Marvel fan.

**removed profanity - Ducky
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love getting a chance to grow one of my 30+ vaulted non-BH champed 4*s!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    These Nova rewards allowed me the covers to champ Nova.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Boss events have been very helpful for champing characters personally. My 3rd champ overall (Cyclops) was helped by a civil war run. Punisher and Spiderwoman were champed from boss events. The last 2 boss rewards have been champ levels, which is nice too.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, boss events has been historically champ launchers too. First run rulk, cyclops, hulkbuster, starlord, and nova all became champs because of boss events. Pre vaulting their rewards kicked amazing LT streaks that would finish them off. Post vaulting the rewards just finished them off.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    The event rewards got my Nova to the optimal 4/4/4. With the yellow coming from the Deadpool pve, then with Strang3 at about level 200, I'll soon be able to plan his future champing very conveniently.
    Thanks Dev's for continuing vaulted character rewards!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Nova is now 1/5/3, which is... 3 covers better than he was before. So that's something.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I too was in the pool of people that was able to champ Nova over the past week.  As it turns out, I was sitting at 3/4/5 at the end of the boss event with two black (one from a Bonus Hero pull) on the vine.  I played the heck out of DP vs PVE to get that yellow Nova cover in the first sub so I didn't waste the cover on the vine.  I then sunk the ISO into X-23 who had been idling at l170, 5/4/3 for about two months and champed her as well.

I have Fury idling at l168, 3/5/5 but am going to leave him there at least until I get a 14th cover for him.  I'm not too keen on spending the ISO at this point.  Just hopeful I can get enough to champ a third 4star with an active blue (come on RNG, give me a Cyke or a Punisher Max).
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    I too was in the pool of people that was able to champ Nova over the past week.  As it turns out, I was sitting at 3/4/5 at the end of the boss event with two black (one from a Bonus Hero pull) on the vine.  I played the heck out of DP vs PVE to get that yellow Nova cover in the first sub so I didn't waste the cover on the vine.  I then sunk the ISO into X-23 who had been idling at l170, 5/4/3 for about two months and champed her as well.

I have Fury idling at l168, 3/5/5 but am going to leave him there at least until I get a 14th cover for him.  I'm not too keen on spending the ISO at this point.  Just hopeful I can get enough to champ a third 4star with an active blue (come on RNG, give me a Cyke or a Punisher Max).
    Good luck as both of them are vaulted.....
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:
    Roland113 said:
    Just hopeful I can get enough to champ a third 4star with an active blue (come on RNG, give me a Cyke or a Punisher Max).
    Agreed, though in fairness, Nova was as well . . . I can hope can't I.

I guess Phil is my next best option, or Wasp though it's a passive blue . . . Huh, I should try Wasp and Nova, that may be . . . fun.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Roland113 said:
    Just hopeful I can get enough to champ a third 4star with an active blue (come on RNG, give me a Cyke or a Punisher Max).
    Agreed, though in fairness, Nova was as well . . . I can hope can't I.

I guess Phil is my next best option, or Wasp though it's a passive blue . . . Huh, I should try Wasp and Nova, that may be . . . fun.

Oh yeah hope is good, but you know what they say hope in one hand and in the other hand the devs will.....
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Not to turn this into a referendum on Riri.... but I think she falls into the (very large) group of Bad First Impression characters; the ones who are curiosities or deadweight until you get them to 13 covers and max (regular) level... when it suddenly becomes obvious how great they are.  I think Nova and Medusa are the textbook examples of this group.  Partially covered, they're not useless, but it's a "what's the big deal here?" situation for sure.  Then you get them filled up... and holy poop do they rock.  I think Riri doesn't show her utility until she's topped off, when she becomes kind of a super version of 3* Cyclops (sort of).  Or so I've heard; I've got about 6 covers on her now....
  • Punisher5784
    DaveR4470 said:
    Not to turn this into a referendum on Riri.... but I think she falls into the (very large) group of Bad First Impression characters; the ones who are curiosities or deadweight until you get them to 13 covers and max (regular) level... when it suddenly becomes obvious how great they are.  I think Nova and Medusa are the textbook examples of this group.  Partially covered, they're not useless, but it's a "what's the big deal here?" situation for sure.  Then you get them filled up... and holy poop do they rock.  I think Riri doesn't show her utility until she's topped off, when she becomes kind of a super version of 3* Cyclops (sort of).  Or so I've heard; I've got about 6 covers on her now....

I think I'll just remove that line about Riri so players stop bringing her up lol.. mine will be 4/3/5 next PVE so I'll be able to slightly test her better for her essential node.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    I have been sitting on 1 yellow for months, I agree 100% if they are vaulted we should see them much more often in pve as rewards.  Keep it up.