Keep the Vaulted Characters Coming!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
My alliance and I really enjoyed the Thanos Boss event. I surprisingly woke up this morning to see we completed Round 8 (T20)! The best part about this event to us was the vaulted character, Nova being the progression reward. Me and several other alliancemates were able to champ Nova because of this event. I never thought I would be able to champ Nova any time soon due to vaulting, despite Bonus Heroes. I hope we see more vaulted characters for PVE because it's mostly been the 12 4*'s currently in tokens. Especially those dreaded 7-day events that reward 2-4*'s.. it would have been awesome if they didn't reward Gwenpool, Agent Venom, and Wasp (although she's good!). Overall it's nice to see some positivity around here :)

Anyone else get to champ their Nova or get him better covered due to this event?

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I had a Dr Strange cover pending, and that gave me the Nova cover I needed to champ him, (the same day I got the cover from r5) but it was nice to get 3 more. A couple alliance mates got champed Novas from this event as well. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe my Nova will get to level 300 soon-ish thanks to this. He's darn fun to play and I appreciate every chance to get more covers for him.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Yep, I got the one black cover I needed to finish him. Just another reason to like this event.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    My nova had 11 covers, now with the three from the thanos event, he's at 13 with 1 on the vine ready for champing. Just gota do the wasp first! 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally champed Nova thanks to the three covers.  He was my first 4*.  

Back when noob brackets were a thing I was able to get three covers of his in his release event which was the first ever PVE I played.  He became somewhat of a unicorn for me after that.  

Loved the Thanos event even if it was a little on the easy side.  It's nice to have a full day off of MPQ every once and a while.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
     I'm in a more casual public alliance, and we'll probably get the first cover later today. Not sure if we'll get any beyond that. My 1/4/1 Nova wishes the order had been black/red/yellow instead, especially since ANOTHER yellow will be the progression reward in DP vs. MPQ. IF we manage to get that second yellow in the boss event, I'll have to sell that cover. Curse unequal cover distribution...

But overall, I definitely agree with the sentiment to have more vaulted characters as rewards. As far as I'm concerned, if they're in the select 12, they shouldn't also be placement rewards. 
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    This event allowed me to champion Nova as well (though I may not count, since I share an alliance with Punisher). I am already putting Nova to good use in the current Strange PVP.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Had him champed, but now he's lvl 277.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    I would have been able to champ my Antman if they kept to the rotation, but extra levels for Nova are always welcome.  He's not Rich Rider but his skills are great.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I had 12 Nova covers before this event.  I went ahead and champed Nova, even though I feel like I should only be champing the latest 12.  Between the 3 covers from this event, another in the DP vs MPQ event, and another coming up for me in daily rewards, I couldn't pass it up.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance just finished round seven a minute ago, so I'm thrilled to earn all three covers. That made the first black Nova cover I've ever found (Day 1261!), so it's nice to get one of the Unicorns stabled. The yellow was of no use (already at 5), but I am looking forward to giving my 3/5/1 Nova a spin in the coming days. 
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    My Nova is now 0/0/5, and there's a good chance that my alliance will grab one more color for him before the event ends.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    my nova is 5/5/3 level 180
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker

Edit: Of course the rewards in DPvMPQ is Riri.. ugh.. no one wants her.. no one!

Beg your pardon, but I do want her.  She's not "top 5" on my list to get done, but eventually she'll get champed.

Just because she doesn't fit your play style doesn't make her a "null character" not worth obtaining.

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    fnedude said:

Edit: Of course the rewards in DPvMPQ is Riri.. ugh.. no one wants her.. no one!

Beg your pardon, but I do want her.  She's not "top 5" on my list to get done, but eventually she'll get champed.

Just because she doesn't fit your play style doesn't make her a "null character" not worth obtaining.

It's called hyperbole. Of course not EVERYBODY is averse to Riri rewards. (Riri-wards?) But she's a bottom tier character, and most would rather have any number of other characters than her. I'm fine with it, since I just champed her. So I may take advantage of the lack of general interest, go all out, and try to grab a few champ levels with her for a couple days playing.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    This event gave me and three alliance mates the covers we needed to champ Nova. One of us was 2/5/5, another 3/5/4, and myself 2/4/5. Not sure about the last, but anyway, we all thought it would take a lot longer to get the covers we needed. 
  • Punisher5784
    fnedude said:

Sorry I did not realize you're a Riri lover. I play all different styles and feel every character has their pros and cons but like most agree, she is a poorly made character. She will likely get rebalanced in the future like previous lousy characters like Chulk, SL and Wasp were. Yes eventually they will all get champed but it doesn't mean I have to like it. The point is I'm mainly disappointed that the next reward is a latest 12 character and not a vaulted character.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    fnedude said:

Sorry I did not realize you're a Riri lover. I play all different styles and feel every character has their pros and cons but like most agree, she is a poorly made character. She will likely get rebalanced in the future like previous lousy characters like Chulk, SL and Wasp were. Yes eventually they will all get champed but it doesn't mean I have to like it. The point is I'm mainly disappointed that the next reward is a latest 12 character and not a vaulted character.
    I know someone else pointed this out in another thread, but more than likely what they're doing is making sure they get the second PvE run out of the way for these characters as fast as possible so that they're added to the Crash rotation. So once we get that done we'll be getting a lot more vaulted characters in PvE rewards, outside of instances like the next couple weeks where we're going to get rapid-fire 4 star releases (Gamora + Rocket and Groot).
  • Punisher5784
    fnedude said:

I know someone else pointed this out in another thread, but more than likely what they're doing is making sure they get the second PvE run out of the way for these characters as fast as possible so that they're added to the Crash rotation. So once we get that done we'll be getting a lot more vaulted characters in PvE rewards, outside of instances like the next couple weeks where we're going to get rapid-fire 4 star releases (Gamora + Rocket and Groot).

I figured as much.. I'm sure the devs don't want to delay Crashes again like they did for Spiderwoman and War Machine. I'm curious who Riri will face.. it'll be an interesting match of both characters in the air for 2 turns lol
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude said:

I figured as much.. I'm sure the devs don't want to delay Crashes again like they did for Spiderwoman and War Machine. I'm curious who Riri will face.. it'll be an interesting match of both characters in the air for 2 turns lol
    If you have that power at 5 covers, she is only in the air for one turn.