Special Offer Results (1 Guaranteed mythic, 3 rare/mythics)

Options

Comments

• Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Just spent:
    3x 150 (yellows) -> Dupe rare, Dupe mythic, Dupe rare.
    1x 200 (pinkies) -> Dupe mythic

what a great offer to wipe our funds giving NOTHING in return...

How about finally implementing the system to turn dupes into some actual value? It should be #1 priority right now. Not getting any new cards for MONTHS is absolutely awful...
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It was a ripoff pure and simple.
    Rare or better
    Thalia's lieutenant dupe
    Thalia's lieutenant dupe
    Thalia's lieutenant dupe.

Yep that right three of the same cards back to back out of a draw of over 100 possible cards.

D3 are nothing but a bunch of thieves yet again
  • norjee
    norjee Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It seems a way to make us spend our horded crystals before we realize how hard to obtain, thus much more valuable, they have become.
  • E1Q1G6
    E1Q1G6 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    I said to myself,  "Self, you've saved 500 crystals, and 405 jewels, just try the new deals."

I now have 3 fresh new copies of Suppression Bonds and two spanking new copies of Days Undoing. 

What a TINY KITTY punch in the face. My urge to quit grows daily.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Houdin said:
    It was a ripoff pure and simple.
    Rare or better
    Thalia's lieutenant dupe
    Thalia's lieutenant dupe
    Thalia's lieutenant dupe.

Yep that right three of the same cards back to back out of a draw of over 100 possible cards.

D3 are nothing but a bunch of thieves yet again
    Ouch! I totally feel for you.  I thought mine was bad. I got a demon of dark schemes from the mythics pack (new) and then turned around and opened a masterpiece pack and got another demon of dark schemes (now a dupe).  200 unobtanium down the drain. I mean come on,  I have only mythics numbering less than 25 and received two exactly the same back to back in separate packs.  I can accept a dupe in yellow crystals,  but unobtanium? No... I can't.  
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    norjee said:
    It seems a way to make us spend our horded crystals before we realize how hard to obtain, thus much more valuable, they have become.
    Indeed. Always be wary of sales that appear ahead of a big release... in this case, Amonket.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, TWO DIFFERENT players got 3 identical rares out of the Deluxe packs?

The chances of that must be pretty damn low.
  • E1Q1G6
    E1Q1G6 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    shteev said:
    Wait, TWO DIFFERENT players got 3 identical rares out of the Deluxe packs?

The chances of that must be pretty damn low.
    Unbelievable I know
  • wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And 2 posters in a row had back-to-back dupe mythics from their mythic packs too (and one of those posters was one who got the triple dupe rares). Not as unlikely as the triple dupes, but still...
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    wink said:
    And 2 posters in a row had back-to-back dupe mythics from their mythic packs too (and one of those posters was one who got the triple dupe rares). Not as unlikely as the triple dupes, but still...
    Mine was back to back mythic pack and then a masterpiece pack. Same mythic from both. 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened my 4th pack just now. (Posted earlier results above).

150 yellow: Gier Reach Bandit. New mythic.

Much happy very me is! :D
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    150 crystal packs all dupe rares. What a scam. 
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I got 1 new rare, 2 dupe rares, and a new mythic.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    norjee said:
    Indeed. Always be wary of sales that appear ahead of a big release... in this case, Amonket.
    That's a good point and I didn't even realize this till you brought it up.

While I've seen a lot of people complain about this being a scam, I myself have gotten great pulls from this sale that's going. 2 pink and 2 yellow. 4 mythics. 3 new ones - and all good mythics at that! (Reach Bandit, Architect of Untamed and Angel of Invention). So even if they timed it right before a major release and I now spent all my hoarded crystals, I am still very happy as I got some new cards that I didn't have and I really wanted all these.

Sorry to hear many others got cards they didn't want or dupes. A lot of people in my coalition got great pulls from this offer, with only one complaint (out of around 10 people). So possibly the complaints are coming from those who got poor pulls or clearly horrific dupes (3 in a row is unthinkable).

Basically, you can look at it both ways - a special to get people to empty their crytal stash before a release, or a chance to get potentially get good cards. It reminds me of fashion sales before a new season begins.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Frankly I am just happy I get a shot at older mythics, which would otherwise be out of my reach, as the masterpiece packs only give current set mythics, so things like Olivia are only possible through opening normal boosters, or stuff like this. So for someone with fewer old mythics, I am ok with taking the risk. Better than getting a duplicate kaladesh mythic for 400 ;)
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mythic packs: Whale and Boomship, both new
    Rare packs: all rares, one new (Oath of Liliana)

This game desperately needs card crafting.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My cards: (150 gems)

Sigarda
    Sigarda !!
    rebooted game
    Molten Vortex

Not sure what the odds are of getting two of the same mythic in a row, but from the sounds of it, a few people had issues pulling the exact same thing in a row. Some kind of glitch?

Since this was an attempt to move mid-tier players into higher tiers, I wonder if the pull algorithm was entirely random.
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    3 × 150 crystals:
    Sword of the Animist (new)
    Kothophed #2 (dupe)
    Smugglers Copter #6 (dupe)

I don't know why I bothered...
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2x rare packs. Graveblade Marauder, Electrostatic Pummeler 

1x mythic pack. Dynavolt

All new cards. I own 40-50% of rares and maybe 15-20% of mythics. I am THRILLED about the Dynavolt.

Really cool offer D3. Hope you guys do more of these.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Phase said:
    2x rare packs. Graveblade Marauder, Electrostatic Pummeler 

1x mythic pack. Dynavolt

All new cards. I own 40-50% of rares and maybe 15-20% of mythics. I am THRILLED about the Dynavolt.

Really cool offer D3. Hope you guys do more of these.
    Congrats,  a very nice draw