Special Offer Results (1 Guaranteed mythic, 3 rare/mythics)

Options
Gandhi
Gandhi Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
In order that I purchased them:
Guaranteed mythic (200 jewels): Part the Waterveil
Rare/mythics, with "higher" chance for mythic 150 crystals each: Oran-Reef Hydra, Thopter Spy Network, and Hixus, Prison Warden.
This is just sort of a PSA that I had very good luck with these packs. All of these cards are brand new for me, even the hydra, and I'm really glad I purchased them. I know since there will be skeptics who don't believe in the higher chance thing or whatever. There will also be people who will unluckily open up dupes or get all rares. It happens. I wish everybody purchasing these packs luck. But these are my results, and I'm pretty happy about them! Thanks devs for these offers!

Comments

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I wasn't sure, myself, about the "Better chance" but also I'm worried about "better chance for duplicate", too.
    Sadly, when I got the pack I got a duplicate Brood Butcher (rare), so at least you had better luck than I did (and I also had spent crystals, before this, so...).

I guess you can still have **** RNG even with a "better chance" of a Mythic. :P

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3x150 crystals:

Imprisoned in the Moon (dupe), Oath of Gideon (dupe), Bristling Hydra (dupe).

These are my results, and I'm pretty sad about them. Curse you devs for these offers.
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3x150 crystals:

3 dupe rares that I forgot right away.

Just another day of dupes.
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Three duplicates...Duped again! 
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    3x200 jewels:

3 dupe mythics: Hangerback Walker, Crumble to Dust, Odric, Lunarch Marshall.

3x150 crystals:

Hey look! A non-dupe rare!?: Akoum Hellkite. Yeah!
    1 dupe rare: Knight of the White Orchid
    1 dupe mythic: Gonti's Aether Heart (completes the playset)
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Bought Saheeli in preparation for BP, since I expected the special offer to require cash, so till grinding up crystals, will update as I open more packs.

So far:

1 Mythic pack -> Dynavolt tower (NEW)
    3 Rare packs -> Dreadwaters (NEW) - Deathcap cultivator (DUPE) - Painful Truths (NEW)
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3x150:

Guul draz overseer (rare, dupe) 
    Mirrorwing Dragon (mythic, new) 
    Crush of Tentacles (mythic, new) 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mythic packs: free jam regent  (dupe), mind wrack demon (new), demon of dark schemes (new)

Masterpiece pack: Demon of dark schemes (NOW a dupe!) .... back to back even. Smh. So disappointed and depressed... unobtanium is ridiculously hard to come by and only to have it become wasted on the first masterpiece purchase ever. 
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I bought 3 packs.  Got 1 mythic and 2 rares.  They were all duplicates, but I like the product and I think it was fairly costed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    Duplicate.

Why did I even bother? What a bloody waste.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3x150

Sigarda (non-dupe)
    Orbs of Warding (non-dupe)
    Haunted Cloak (dupe)

I'm happy with that.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3x150 all rare dupes
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

3 x150

Gisa & Geralf  (premium tier 1 card, but a dupe)

Oath of Jace (garbage, dupe)

Dynavolt Tower (needed this one big time)

3 x 200

World Breaker (garbage, dupe)

Dragonmaster Outcast (meh, dupe)

Olivia (premium tier 1 card, but a dupe)

Despite getting "great" results, it cost me 450 crystals and 600 jewels for Dynavolt Tower.  I suppose I'm used to this kind of tax.

I think the paying customers that fund the game with pre-purchases are getting the shaft here, as I pulled two cards that I bought from them directly.

• Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3x150 

Skyship stalker (dupe)
    Smugglers copter (dupe)
    Canopy vista (dupe)

200 crystal mythic

Sphynx of the final word (dupe)
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2x200:

Architect of the Untamed (new mythic)
    Angel of Invention (new mythic)

1x150:

Rashmi, Eternities Crafter (dupe mythic)

I'm very pleased with the results. Definitely worth it.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    200 purple got me 1 new mythic, Startled Awake. ( https://mtgpq.info/cards/StartledAwake )

450 gold crystals (3x150) got me nothing but dupes even though I have less than half the mythics and rares (<50% ^3 = less than 12.5% chance if you believe D3).

I've been burned and everyone I know has been burned.

It's hard to believe the D3 odds are honest.

I wouldn't pay any crystals for cards until you have all PWs.

• efhktddyjkb
    efhktddyjkb Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3 X150 crystals: Tyrant (rare, dupe), Lightning Runner (mythic, new) and Cinder Glade (rare, dupe). I'm Really happy with that !
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crystal packs: Angelic Captain, Outland Colossus and Crush of Tentacles
    Jewel packs: Smothering Abomination, World Breaker and Infinite Obliteration

Only Infinite Obliteration was new but that's more a function of how many cards I already have more than anything else imo.
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
     2 new rares and 1 dupe mythics. I really would like to understand the probability in this game.... 
    I have more than 50% of the rares and got 2 new ones. I barely have 15% of the mythics and got a dupe one...

Overall I liked the new offer since it feels our chance of getting mythics are real...
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got 2 mythics for 150 crystals and 200 dupes (I've only bought one of each so far) and they were both new. I only have 16 mythics, so that was to be expected. Torrential Gearhulk for jewels, meh, whatever. Jewels are worthless to me anyway. Literally just bought me a bunch of mastery points lol. Sram for crystals, very happy with that. Gonna grind up another 150 crystals tomorrow, wish me luck.