I feel it's an inevitability....

Options
2»

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    I don't understand why people are trying to suggest new nerfs to the devs.  "Please sir, could I have some more?"

Not calling for a nerf, just stating that if the devs nerf OML because of overuse, what's stopping them from doing that to other characters? IM40 comes to mind as I see him the most in PVP.

I am against most nerfs and more in favor of buffing characters to make them more viable. Power creep is hitting the game pretty hard in the 4* and 3* landscape with the new character additions to the game. A lot of the legacy characters are being left in the dust in favor of the new and Improved. That is a discussion for another thread though....

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross said:
    Why would you think there is a fair usage standard between tiers?  The only thing consistent with their changes, is the inconsistency.

I think it depends on what mood they wake up in in the morning haha
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's interesting.  I use to use IM40 in every battle.  Now with 20+ of the 4* I find that I use him less and less.  He's rather squishy compared to the boosted 4* and his ability takes too long compared to using Star Lord or Coulson to boost AP.

I think given time, he fades away.  I used to use SWitch, or Iron Fist (3*) in every battle as well when I had all champ 3*, but use them only when required at this point.

I agree with the previous posters - I'd rather see boosts and changes to older characters to make them useful.  For example - 3* StarLord can destroy 3 columns, 3* HawkGuy can fire off 3 or 4 arrows in one turn,  3* Thanos clears Lightning Rounds like lightning.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DyingLegend

I'm of the opinion that a 10% usage was not the reason OML was nerfed, and that by stating it so prominently in the justification its causing secondary issues, like this thread.  A little clarification on d3/demi's part can go a long way, without it I'd expect threads like this to persist.

@Brigby IF this is a concern a weekly usage stat dump would be very well received, or further justification as to why OML warranted a nerf at 10% usage but others might not.  (I understand if speculation threads and the bickering they foster isn't a real concern)

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DyingLegend

I'm of the opinion that a 10% usage was not the reason OML was nerfed, and that by stating it so prominently in the justification its causing secondary issues, like this thread.  A little clarification on d3/demi's part can go a long way, without it I'd expect threads like this to persist.

@Brigby IF this is a concern a weekly usage stat dump would be very well received, or further justification as to why OML warranted a nerf at 10% usage but others might not.  (I understand if speculation threads and the bickering they foster isn't a real concern)

I don't think the 10% usage thing is the real reason.  I believe it's part of the reasons they used to nerf OML, and it's the only one they revealed.

Although I want answers, I think it's actually better for companies NOT to give firm reasons because it just gives focus to players to prove a point.

Nerfing is never going to be popular.  Giving a reason is just as bad as not giving a reason.  For every person that likes the answer, another person will resist further.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was just for health packs. I just championed Cap to Lv 451 (yay!!), and he literally takes 20 hours to restore to full health. So you basically get to use him once per day, and then you must use a health pack. So there goes my hoarded stash!

I wouldn't mind if it didn't dip into my stash until after 10 uses in a few hours, but as soon as I use it, my stash gets lowered! Not cool, homies!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    It was just for health packs. I just championed Cap to Lv 451 (yay!!), and he literally takes 20 hours to restore to full health. So you basically get to use him once per day, and then you must use a health pack. So there goes my hoarded stash!

I wouldn't mind if it didn't dip into my stash until after 10 uses in a few hours, but as soon as I use it, my stash gets lowered! Not cool, homies!

I miss my healthpack stash too. 2*/3* land was so easy to save healthpacks with Daken, Wolervine, and even Cage. Now in 4* land, I don't have X23, so I don't have many true heal options and I've found my stash from 2 yrs ago be reduced to the standard 10.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    nyck1118 said:
    I agree.  when we had that "Bug" that made his Yellow cost 8 AP he felt fine. if anything maybe shave 1 AP off red and Blue. at the most.
    Red doesn't need its cost reduced. The damage it deals for a 3 star is high enough to justify its cost. Blue, on the other hand, costs more that Whales, Whales, Whales and Embiggened Bash. More than Call the Storm as well. The AP drain could be removed from blue without it being overpowered.
    I agree that the blue is pricey and his worse ability. I mean look at GSBW. Her green destroys the whole board at a 19 AP cost and does more damage. Although what can be said about those two is there other abilities fuel they high cost rate of their powerful abilities. The only difference is you want to use Sniper rifle and you don't want to use salvo
    Yeah, Sniper Rifle is justified. On paper, you balk at the AP cost rising up to 19. Then you make this massive, gorgeous hole in the board, and it is so, so satisfying. Then you some how get enough red to use Little Baby Popguns. Pop, pop, pop little holes and miniscule damage. Can't deny they've taken out dangerous enemy tiles before, but the rising cost has never made any sense on that one.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nerf or no nerf, IM40/ Peggy or 4thor or Iceman is pretty boring for pvp. Maybe instead of nerfing make some characters counter IM40's yellow. There are a few teams to do this, but a specific character would be nice. Mandarin maybe?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Heed him devs.

We the 4* community are done with im40 now. But we can't have newer players using him.

Ps- in 6 months please nerf c4rol when I am a 5* player. K thx.

Yours sincerely,

Devious McAgenda
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Funny you mentioned this post. I was thinking the exact thing. That being said, shame on you for saying it out! 

Truthfully, he's pretty much the only 3* I use. I'm not that worried though. I don't think the boogyman (aka the devs) are that worried about 3*s, at least let's hope not 
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm actually really looking forward to the nerfs - sorry, rebalances - for IM40 and Peggy. The forum response will be magical.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    It might happen, but i feel that im40 is already past his prime for 4* play.  So a nerf would be rather wasted on him now.

9 months ago im40 + a couple of of good red/blue 4*s and you could hit 1k in every pvp without trouble (and crush pve).

But the increase in Iso and 4* distribution rates last fall have really had an effect on the player base.  Many many more players have champ 4*s, and mmr has many more viable targets in the 4* champ range.  So im40 + a unboosted 4* champ is now very risky at 700+ in pvp, and even im40 + a good boosted 4* champ is getting a bit dangerous in the 750-900 range.

I find that i can hit 900 without shielding more reliably now using 2x boosted 4* champs, even if 1 of the champs isn't especially good.

And while im40 still crushes pve, there are lots of other great pve crutches out there too (if for black, switch for purple, strange etc) diluting the pool, so i don't use him all the time.  

All that said, trust demi to roll out a nerf right AFTER the problem has already solved itself (*cough*OML*cough).  ;)
    Forum blinders are definitely contributing to this perception.  My public alliance has exactly zero players with any champed 4*s, and I see a lot of turnover.  Among LINE players, sure, 4*s are probably super common, but if you just picked a random active player out of a list, there's a vanishingly small chance of seeing someone in the 4* tier.  The reality is there aren't even that many people past the 3* transition.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have him champed and hardly use him. He mainly comes out to play when I switch things around because of Thanos. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Stop giving them nerf ideas and rationale!!
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm sure that we don't need to give them any ideas Wumpshunter... Unfortunately, they're already aware of every character overpowered or underpowered...