"Better chance for mythic"

Options
2»

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I can understand dupes using gold crystals... I honestly can live with that. But purple crystals? No... I truly feel that should be coded in a way that provides a random mythic or masterpiece you do not already have in your possession.  Because those crystals are insanely difficult to obtain... to have all that hard work or large amounts of money for some go for naught as a dupe is heart breaking imho.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll say it again: Save your jewels for Amonkhet when you won't get dupes. 
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I saw it, clicked on it and thought it was bugged out, not that blindly buying packs would somehow give more mythics. 
    Lol same. 

Here's a thought - if the devs actually played the game day-to-day, I wonder how long it'd take them to quit, or recognize their own foolishness and stuff ups. I wonder what they'd think if their drop rates, the new player progression, the recurring event schedule etc. Etc. I think it'd be quite interesting. 

Well we are told repeatedly that the devs do play the game regularly, however, they do so with access to every card and pw in the game with infinite resources and therefore spared a vast majority of the concerns raised by the players. 

This actually goes a long way in explaining why there is such a significant disconnect between them and us.

That said, if your starting point isn't "if it looks too good to be true, it is" then really only have yourself to blame when it comes to things like this. If there's any doubt simply choose the option that will benefit you least and that will be the correct one.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    may as well keep this up put all the mytics and gold from non current sets in it and let people decide if they want to risk 150 for a guaranteed gold possibly a mythic,( no promises of  it not being a dupe though) i would risk it so would a lot of others i bet, it gives new players a chance to access old cards and seem worth it untill you get your number of cards built up
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gruntface said:
    That said, if your starting point isn't "if it looks too good to be true, it is" then really only have yourself to blame when it comes to things like this. If there's any doubt simply choose the option that will benefit you least and that will be the correct one.
    I mean, you're right, caveat emptor, and all that.

But can't we at least dream of a better world?
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dream and wish in one hand but the other hand better have a  paper towel for what will fill the other hand( something stinky and disgusting) lets see what one fills up faster lol
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    gruntface said:
    Ohboy said:
    I saw it, clicked on it and thought it was bugged out, not that blindly buying packs would somehow give more mythics. 
    Lol same. 

Here's a thought - if the devs actually played the game day-to-day, I wonder how long it'd take them to quit, or recognize their own foolishness and stuff ups. I wonder what they'd think if their drop rates, the new player progression, the recurring event schedule etc. Etc. I think it'd be quite interesting. 

Well we are told repeatedly that the devs do play the game regularly, however, they do so with access to every card and pw in the game with infinite resources and therefore spared a vast majority of the concerns raised by the players. 

This actually goes a long way in explaining why there is such a significant disconnect between them and us.

@Brigby here's an idea that I'd like you to pass on to the dev team - as they can see what decks are available to the thousands of players, why not play the game using the profiles of the actual players. Actually do the work of deck building using that player's card inventory. Notice the lacks and problems they run into. Then work out ways to program properly.

I think that would only help everyone as you'd get a feel of the game as it exists and not by playing god.

This is not a jab, but what I hope turns out to be a helpful suggestion so that the dev team finds a better way to work with he end users.

And otherwise, for any who have gotten mythic dupes when using unobtainium, send in a ticket and ask for a credit - just like was done with the Elite Packs! Why is this any different??? Should not be.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Froggy said:

And otherwise, for any who have gotten mythic dupes when using unobtainium, send in a ticket and ask for a credit - just like was done with the Elite Packs! Why is this any different??? Should not be.
    I really hope this is still the case.  I was thrilled to have received a demon of dark schemes as my last 150 yellow crystals purchase as I didn't have that one and right after that I decided to use my 200 unobtanium crystals and was heart broken to have received a dupe of demon of dark schemes... 200 of the hardest to get crystals down the drain.  I am a huge advocate that these purple crystals only buy a random mythic or masterpiece that the purchaser does not have when used. I can't imagine that the coding would be too difficult. It would provide more incentative and would provide a positive result. I can live with yellow crystal dupes... but unobtanium... not with how insanely hard it is to gather them up in the volumes they ask for. 
  • Froggy
    Options
    @Gunmix25 Turn in a ticket to support and give the full details of your claim. It sounds like you have good grounds for a credit. Despite the complaints that we constantly make about them (myself included at times), they do try fix such things from what I've seen.
  • Monkeynutts85
    Monkeynutts85 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    they wont give you anything.
    i got 3 dup rares for my 150s and 2 mythic dupes... didnt buy a 3rd.

utter garbage
  • Froggy
    edited May 2017
    Options
    they wont give you anything.
    i got 3 dup rares for my 150s and 2 mythic dupes... didnt buy a 3rd.

utter garbage
    They might if you got dupes after using unobtainium. Just like they did with the Elite Packs. I got 2 re-credits from Elite Pack dupes. That's even after I said on the first one that I understood that I would only get recredited once. Rules change (D3 knows all about changing rules). If enough people make the request, they really don't have much to lose. IMO. But go on the argument that you used the unobtainium.