"Better chance for mythic"

Options
toastie
toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
Care to clue us in on what this means? What does this apply to? How much better is "better"? How long is this going to last for? Is there a "better" chance for rares too?

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby

Can you fill us in on what this means? It's on the "what's in the vault" marquee on the main screen, but when you click on it, it just takes you to the vault. There's no option to purchase anything that fits that description in the vault.
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    /s This refers to elite packs. A confirmation that your chances of drawing a masterpiece card is reduced following the update. /s

• Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we get some clarification here @Brigby? Seems like a big deal but the client is not that helpful.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gruntface said:
    /s This refers to elite packs. A confirmation that your chances of drawing a masterpiece card is reduced following the update. /s

I'm curious, does the "/s" mean that you're employing sarcasm/snark?
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Matthew said:

I'm curious, does the "/s" mean that you're employing sarcasm/snark?

After seeing the feedback in other threads it seems as though this was necessary to avoid falling foul of being misinterpreted :D

In this case though, I may I advertantly be on the money. Which is depressing.
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I was guessing they would let us purchase a better chance to get a mythic...
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But all the ones, who are not on the forums think now, that they have a higher chance of a getting a mythic?
    You should immediately announce that in the activity hub or, even better, erase it for now.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @AngelForge

I've reached out to the developers to request an Inbox notification be set up, but they're on EDT timezone, and unfortunately already out of office. I should hear back from them tomorrow.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it isn't offered until Saturday why is it here now. This is just a ruse to trick people out of their currency. Honest mistake or More shadiness? You be the judge.
  • Onion_lotion
    Onion_lotion Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same problem. I bought packs thinking they would have better drops...
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought this pack thinking i would have a better chance at a mythic and now i find out that it does not start until saturday? That is not what it said on the notice....
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

To those buying packs "assuming" the drops are better, please do your research before investing.  When I saw the notice, there's no indication which packs it's referring to, so the prudent thing to do is go to the forums and look for the relevant thread which no doubt has already been started.

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    well I've wasted 1500 crystals hoping to benefit from "better drop rates" only to find out that "development team" didnt even bother to step into normal player shoes to see how misleading it is.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw it, clicked on it and thought it was bugged out, not that blindly buying packs would somehow give more mythics. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I saw it, clicked on it and thought it was bugged out, not that blindly buying packs would somehow give more mythics. 

It's amazing how basic logic and common sense can escape the general population.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Lol same. 

Here's a thought - if the devs actually played the game day-to-day, I wonder how long it'd take them to quit, or recognize their own foolishness and stuff ups. I wonder what they'd think if their drop rates, the new player progression, the recurring event schedule etc. Etc. I think it'd be quite interesting. 
  • Spiritdark
    Spiritdark Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, to be honest I have been wondering whats been happening to the drop rates for the last 2 months... I've spent crystals on big boxes and seen 1 rare and 0 mythics in all the packs combined.  Not once, not twice, but three times.  So I stopped spending anything until I get confirmation on what is happening with the drop rates.  Before I used to see a rare or mythic maybe once every 5-10 free daily boosters.
  • Monkeynutts85
    Monkeynutts85 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    what a steaming pile of ****

3 dupe rares and 2 mythic dupes. didnt have enough for the 3rd..

screw u D3. ur still a amature outfit. u give nothing and take everything