Yay 100 Likes!

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
I made it to 100 Likes on the new forum.. only 3500 more to go to match my reputation pts on the old forum! How's everyone else doing? Getting used to the new forum?

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Right behind ya with..... 8..... OK a little ways to go but congrats!! I didn't do much on the old forum, but I like this format. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I remember the halcyon days of old when my massive 3k reputation awed all the forum noobs and cowed any putative opposition to my clear, insightful brilliance!

and the new forum is enh.  I am sure it has some nice modern features, but I am a cranky old gamer and the old forum worked just fine for me.  plus the new mobile interface is pretty bad. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This new format is hard to get used to.  I've done a lot less of this forum than the previous one, so my Insightful and Like totals aren't very high yet.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow thats Impressive!
    How Many Posts does that entail?
    Once a week posting from me means it will be a long time before i hit that

Can you get achievements for that number of likes?
    Also where can I see my level? I can't tell
    Remember to count insightful along with Like for your total rep count
    Ever have any plans to keep a counter on your signature or something?
    Sucks that they took it away like Rep would show on your posts.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Grats on the likes, I'm at 56 myself.

I'm liking the new forum less with time.  Still so many things seem clunkier than with the old one.  Maybe I'm just crotchety and old....

Problems:
    - Way too much wasted screen space.
    - The quoting is great when it works, awful when it doesn't, it's harder to manipulated a quote than bbcode is (at least for people already familiar with bbcode).
    - Menus way too inconsistent, page change is only at the the bottom, inbox is at the top (but the bottom if on the app), etc.
    - Signatures issues: tiny type, limited to 3 pics, old similes from the previous forum count as pics currently.
    - Mods/admins wanting to get all pushy with the rules.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Not quite there yet.  I only have 78 likes, but 26 insightfuls. (and 1 abuse... me?? the post was removed, but the scar remains)

There is the little thing called "Points" when you look at your profile... is that kind of like reputation?  It looks to be accumulated from the variety of likes and insightful marks.  I'm at 206 Points.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nyck1118 said:
    Wow thats Impressive!
    How Many Posts does that entail?
    Once a week posting from me means it will be a long time before i hit that

Can you get achievements for that number of likes?
    Also where can I see my level? I can't tell
    Remember to count insightful along with Like for your total rep count
    Ever have any plans to keep a counter on your signature or something?
    Sucks that they took it away like Rep would show on your posts.
    There's a Like and an Insightful for you!  Two points for Gryffindor!  (or are you Slytherin?)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it really necessary to complain about the loss of reputation from the old forums? This isn't the first time you've posted this, only this complaint is more heavily disguised as a discussion than the last one was.
  • Vhailorx
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Is it really necessary to complain about the loss of reputation from the old forums? This isn't the first time you've posted this, only this complaint is more heavily disguised as a discussion than the last one was.
    Is it really necessary to post anything at all on a message board about a mobile match-3 game?  Sure complaining about lost reputation is silly and frivolous.  But the whole endeavor of MPQ is silly and frivolous.  It's entertainment. . .
  • Punisher5784
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

I'm over the complaining. I'm merely just making a joke about it now. I know many players are still upset about the loss of their rep. Imagine spending nearly 3yrs doing something, only for it to disappear forever.. sure it's a silly little forum about a match-3 game but I enjoyed it as a nice distraction from life. Regardless, I don't expect everyone else to feel the same. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pffth, I hit 100 likes ages ago. Get on my level!

Seriously though, congrats 83
    Didja manage to get any LOL badges before they scrapped it?
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    I think i managed to get one off topic before the purge, but alas, no lols for me.  
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To paraphrase the great Jim Norton on Spider-Man:

"It stinks, and I don't like it."
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 34 likes and two warnings
  • Punisher5784
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Two warnings! For what?
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    Two warnings! For what?
    "unproductive replies"
    both warnings from the same mod
    given the state of the forum, I'm gonna have to call it selective enforcement
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wish they had Dislikes, I'm fairly certain I would have more of those than Likes.

My warning level is 2, does that mean I've had two warnings as well?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was the first non-mod to get to 100 likes  B) Thanks, yall! The only other to get to that before me was Brigby himself.

Now, I just have to write more Insightful posts, because my score there is pretty low  :o
  • SummerGlau
    Options
    I wish they had Dislikes, I'm fairly certain I would have more of those than Likes.

My warning level is 2, does that mean I've had two warnings as well?
    each time you receive a warning the warning level goes up, but it eventually goes back down
    you should have had a notification/pm detailing the reason for the warning
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ah, I had one before the new forum that must have carried over.  The funny thing is that I don't have any abuse or spam posts, and even the post I got a warning for wasn't edited........everyone is so sensitive around here.