2»

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Matthew said:
    Laeuftbeidir said: blablabla
    I just read a doctorate-level thesis on the subject of staying on topic in a thread about being off topic. tinykitty is wrong with this place!?
    yeah, that was the question I've asked myself...and decided to find an answer and share it with you :D
    Meta, baby!

Or..if you're asking what's wrong with me - I'm just easily obsessed. But don't worry: normally I lose focus quickly!
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem with sarcasm is that a lot of people confuse passive aggressiveness with wit. 

One is fun to spar with. The other is ban bait. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL ^^ 

(Adding extra words to get over word limit.) Is that on topic? I don't know. I'm just confused at this point. I'm gonna go have another lie down. 
    This is a gray area that I might have to test.  For science, of course. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    The problem with sarcasm is that a lot of people confuse passive aggressiveness with wit. 

We should probably get some detailed forum rules explaining exactly what the difference is between one and the other.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ohboy said:

We should probably get some detailed forum rules explaining exactly what the difference is between one and the other.
    TOS update? @Brigby
  • shteev
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I can't tell if this is a passive aggressive dig at me...

When you say 'a lot of people', do you generally have some specific ones in mind, and you're hoping that they won't realise the post is about them?
  • shteev
    Options
    @Brigby Dyou notice what's happening today, btw? There's an absolute torrent of feedback from people spotting bugs, commenting on the new features, making requests for changes. Very little off topic rambling going on. It's amazing what just a little new content will do. After all, we've barely got any new gameplay content at all, it's almost all changes to the UI.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, someone of your team is definitely active in the bug forum to address any relevant problems occurring right now! I was afraid that wouldn't be happening.. Have fun collection the tons of feedback in the upcoming days ;)
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    @Brigby Dyou notice what's happening today, btw? There's an absolute torrent of feedback from people spotting bugs, commenting on the new features, making requests for changes. Very little off topic rambling going on. It's amazing what just a little new content will do. After all, we've barely got any new gameplay content at all, it's almost all changes to the UI.
    I think it should be noted that though the tone of the feedback may be a bit salty at times, the general intent from most people seems to be sourced from a desire to help improve the game. We really do want this game to do well. We enjoy it quite a bit. The fact that we're still here even through the last few months of terrible changes is a testament to that.
  • shteev
    Options
    He's right. I am.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes thank you for what you do @brigby,  we're all very appreciative of what you do, even if we don't show it all the time

As an aside, every time someone says iff-topic or on-topic to me IRL now I have a little giggle, I still haven't figured out whether my comment about deploy the gatewatch is on topic here or not. Yknow, I'm gonna go and lie down again, I'll give it another crack later.