Character Cosmetics

2»

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Kamala Khan's art makes her look like an old woman with glasses. It completely fails to capture her character and personality.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only time I dislike Kingpin is when AI uses him. No Sir, it's not time for my physical. Meanwhile, I can't help thinking, "Eeeeeyyyy, badabing badaboom. Fuggetabout it," when I use Maggia Pawns.
    Not big on Cap2n Marvel's sneer.
    Medusa is love. Medusa is life.
    Agent Venom's art is a mess. Maybe it's supposed to be? Military Might and Alien Weakness both look bad. Bad art for bad power.
    Old Man Logan, when the claws come out. You can feel the tinykitty about to go down.
    Bullseye. i hate your stupid, derpy face. you and Gorgon both.
    Kate Bishop. You keep Looking for Trouble. Gwenpool, get your Gun. Hawkguy, thanks for the cesorship.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I have never felt this way about art or whatever in a game. If something looks cool but is weak, I won't use it. If it's strong and looks lame, I will use it!

Likewise, with characters. I had no idea Peggy Carter was an alt Captain America! She is strong though so I use her.

Cyclops was my favourite xman but I don't really like his powers so I don't use him

In a sense... I prefer utility vs emotion/likeability
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never cared about art too much. I'm that guy in MMOs with the hideous pink-and-green armor BUT I HAVE THE BEST STATS. I'll roster anyone no matter how dumb they look.

That said, some of the characters with weird body proportions, like Torch's giraffe neck and Moonstone's freakishly long and skinny hands, do bother me.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I'm concerned about Squirrel girl. I've roastered her, but I play her only when I have to. She's too scary and seems to have misplaced nuts. Bad thing, because the cover is really cute.

Iceman is also really awful. I want him to be redraw, because he's (literally) too cool to get a so awful design.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I would spend money to be able to re-skin some of the characters.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    PorkBelly said:
    I would spend money to be able to re-skin some of the characters.  

Don't give them any more ideas. That feature would cost 10000HC per skin most likely and you can only buy one once a month hahaha

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Small complaint, but it bothers me when the cover art doesn't match the character art.

Some examples: Hulkbuster, Scarlet Witch, 5* Cap, Quicksilver, 3* Falcon, 3* Panther

These aren't situations where the artwork for the game is just different from a cover artist's style. In all of the above examples, the costumes/designs are actually different. Irks me.
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Borstock said:
    Small complaint, but it bothers me when the cover art doesn't match the character art.

CAN'T UNSEE
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross said:
    I sell Iceman covers because he makes me feel dirty.
    Weird, that's why I rostered him.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coubii said:
    I'm concerned about Squirrel girl. I've roastered her, but I play her only when I have to. She's too scary and seems to have misplaced nuts. Bad thing, because the cover is really cute.

Iceman is also really awful. I want him to be redraw, because he's (literally) too cool to get a so awful design.
    I would love it if Squirrel Girl's in-game art was more like her cover art.

I finally gave in on Daken because he's good enough, even if I don't like his appearance or like him as a character, but there are a few that I can't stand so badly that they're on the "just say no" list for me. Ughernaut is probably at the top of it, but HoboFist, Mystique, Punisher, and some of the Hulks are on there too.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:

Some examples: Hulkbuster, Scarlet Witch, 5* Cap, Quicksilver, 3* Falcon, 3* Panther

These aren't situations where the artwork for the game is just different from a cover artist's style. In all of the above examples, the costumes/designs are actually different. Irks me.
    Fun fact, when quicksilver and switch were first added, their character art did match their covers. It was quickly changed to be in line with the MCU (maybe even that day) but it was briefly awesome.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

Fun fact, when quicksilver and switch were first added, their character art did match their covers. It was quickly changed to be in line with the MCU (maybe even that day) but it was briefly awesome.
    Really?!

*To Google image search! Avengers Assemble!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Borstock said:

Actually that was just Quicksilver, who was released before a Scarlet Witch. Scarlet Witch was released with her MCU outfit and Quicksilver's outfit was changed to the MCU one at the same time as her release.

Although I'm sure there are artwork of SW with her classic outfits sitting around in Demiurge's office somewhere. I'm still hoping they will release her classic outfit and re-release classic Quicksilver as variant characters.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Moonstone is the opposite for me. I don't play her because I like looking at her. My wife gets mad at me everytime she's on the screen lol. 
    The artwork is...suspect to say the least.