Character Cosmetics

Options
DyingLegend
DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards

Are there any characters that you just can't use because of the way they look or how their animations look? For instance, I keep getting Danny Rand covers, but I can't stand that character's cosmetics or how his animations look. HoboFist just annoys me for whatever reason so I refuse to add him to my roster, whether or not he is good or bad. Same goes for Awesome Hulk, Kingpin, She-hulk. I can't use them because I can't stand the way they look....

Anyone else have this issue ?

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You're hindering your game progress because of bad art.  I wouldn't personally recommend it, but you do you.

Some of the art in this game is really bad, but some of it is great!  I think you're the first person I've seen complain about Kingpin though.
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    There are characters I have never added to my roster because I don't like the character.  I know that will lock me out of certain missions and DDQ, but I'd rather have fun playing than be forced to play with characters I can't stand.  
  • DyingLegend
    Options
    You're hindering your game progress because of bad art.  I wouldn't personally recommend it, but you do you.

Some of the art in this game is really bad, but some of it is great!  I think you're the first person I've seen complain about Kingpin though.

I know, its from years of fashion souls. Got to look good when your winning hahaha
  • DyingLegend
    Options
    Hendross said:
    I sell Iceman covers because he makes me feel dirty.

I completely agree with this statement
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rulk's Gamma Siphon remains, for me, the single most ridiculous animation in the game but that doesn't stop me from using it as often as smashingly possible.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned they all eat up too much screentime and I don't like seeing any of them.

For a game that wants you to play ~60 missions each day, having to watch the same animations day in, day out without an option to disable them is an insult.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yum: Wasp, Peggy, Carol, 3Clops, Nova (Viewtiful Joe!)
    Yuck: Stinkfist, Cho
    Creepy: Iceman 
    ???: 4Blade, Mordo
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,563 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm more anoyed with characters that obscure tiles, especially the lower corner ones.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Danny's Blue Power looks like he's trying to figure out who #2 works for....  That is the only animation that I've actively wanted to avoid having to see....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman is definitely creepy looking. But he's also very powerful! So those animations don't bother me at all.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Totally awesome Hulk. I'll never drop a single point of ISO into such a lame character. His look bothers me, his shtick bothers me, his name bothers me, and his very existence is like an itch I just can't reach to scratch.

Someone tell me how MPQ can have this guy and Red Hulk be so playable, but they drop the ball so horribly on the REAL Hulk, the one we actually care about. I mean, 3-star Hulk is so bad he's broken (the higher level he becomes, the less useful his ability is - who the <tinykitty> came up with that brilliant design?) I hear 5-star Hulk is almost as useless.

Ok, spontaneous rant complete, please resume your normal posting.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate Iceman because in the game he looks like Snowballman, not Iceman.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've had to overcome my dislike for some of the art or some of the characters I just hate. 3* Daken I can't stand his look. Cho is a terrible character. Iceman not only looks creepy, they used the god awful version. Ultimately though, I use them because they're effective.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey, his art may be terrible but pedobobby* is a powerhouse. 

*can I say that here? 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hendross said:
    I sell Iceman covers because he makes me feel dirty.

I completely agree with this statement
    You guys are literally selling, if not the most powerful, than one of the top 3 4*s in the game because your don't like the way he looks!?!? SMH...... 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moonstone is the opposite for me. I don't play her because I like looking at her. My wife gets mad at me everytime she's on the screen lol. 
    +1 those legs go on forever *drool*
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think cho Hulk looks stupid as hell and even though he's better post his change, I'm not itching to use him.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moonstone is the opposite for me. I don't play her because I like looking at her. My wife gets mad at me everytime she's on the screen lol. 
    I feel the same about 2* Captain Marvel.