Highest Champ Level of a Latest 4*?

2»

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Don't hoard, don't spend. Highest is Agent Venom at 318.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    This will be more interesting in 6 months when the 4's leaving will have been in the latest the entire time.  My highest is Peggy at 290, but most of the time she was 1 of 40ish, not 1 of 12.  
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Sorry this is off-topic, but this thread is at least about the latest 12.  

Is there a list somewhere on the forums that shows the current 12 by release order so I know who is rotating out next?

Edit: NVM I searched again and found it this time: http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/62286/current-available-characters-and-future-removal-additions
  • Evilgenius9
    Evilgenius9 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    283 c4ge. Casual free. I did cash a couple stashes since vaulting occurred, but luke is now my highest 4* (I had 12 champed when vaulting hit and he was never a bonus hero). 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Choices way too low. Gwenpool is already my third biggest 4star champ at 321
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    mpqr7 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Wasted 195 covers.
    That's pretty rough! I'm glad you got some high-powered heroes, but that's a lot of covers to go to waste. Hopefully there's a way to do it next time that won't waste as many.
    It's not possible anymore. Before, my champ rewards would have been spread out, with only 12 4s in the tokens, you have now have to wait almost 6 months until all 4s are out of the tokens before pulling again. That means you will lose out on getting 3 5 star characters every time you decide to pull.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    mpqr7 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Wasted 195 covers.
    That's pretty rough! I'm glad you got some high-powered heroes, but that's a lot of covers to go to waste. Hopefully there's a way to do it next time that won't waste as many.
    It's not possible anymore. Before, my champ rewards would have been spread out, with only 12 4s in the tokens, you have now have to wait almost 6 months until all 4s are out of the tokens before pulling again. That means you will lose out on getting 3 5 star characters every time you decide to pull.
    This is just bad math.  Anyone can hoard until they have the ISO to champ all 12 of the newest 4s as well as all 3 of the Latest 5s and pull with 0 waste.  In fact this is far easier to do now than it was before vaulting, and everyone that makes better than 25k/day is in a position to have every single newest 4* champed and never waste a cover within the next 3 or 4 months or so.

To claim this is "not possible anymore" is just laughable.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Choices way too low. Gwenpool is already my third biggest 4star champ at 321
    You sir are no casual player!  :)

I will try waiting a few months until more 4*s are cycled out of the latest 12, and then I'll make a similar poll that jumps up by 10 instead of 5.

My biggest 4* is Nick Fury at 302. I'm sad because at this point, with my current play and spend schedule, I don't see ever having another 4* at that level, and certainly not getting closer to 310+ or 320+, where the champion rewards start seriously improving.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 said:
    mpqr7 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Wasted 195 covers.
    This is just bad math.  Anyone can hoard until they have the ISO to champ all 12 of the newest 4s as well as all 3 of the Latest 5s and pull with 0 waste.  In fact this is far easier to do now than it was before vaulting, and everyone that makes better than 25k/day is in a position to have every single newest 4* champed and never waste a cover within the next 3 or 4 months or so.

I'm sorry, I should clarify.  I have all my 4's champed and usually get them between 275 to 280 on their release.  So the iso isn't in the problem.  Also, my 5's now have to be in 475 (bb/strange) to 500 range for them to be useful.  So for me to horde that much cp, I will invariably pull enough covers to max champ most of the 12 and then have wastage.  That is what happened last time...I wasted 195 covers because those 11 out of 12 became max champed.  I hope that makes more sense...or maybe you can laugh some more.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    grunth13 said:

I'm sorry, I should clarify.  I have all my 4's champed and usually get them between 275 to 280 on their release.  So the iso isn't in the problem.  Also, my 5's now have to be in 475 (bb/strange) to 500 range for them to be useful.  So for me to horde that much cp, I will invariably pull enough covers to max champ most of the 12 and then have wastage.  That is what happened last time...I wasted 195 covers because those 11 out of 12 became max champed.  I hope that makes more sense...or maybe you can laugh some more.
    I see the point.  While I'm laughing about your specific circumstances.  its a real problem if your 5* aren't withing 20 levels of each other.

If you have 500 level 5*s.  470 5* feel like slugs.  Alot of people stopped with 460 5*s to focus on LL 5*s.  a 460 phx is very flexible with recent 450 5*.

But once your over the 470 wall, baby champed 5* become like 4* are to existing 5* players.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    mpqr7 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Wasted 195 covers.

That's a first world problem if I've ever heard one.  Thanks for clarifying.  And you are right, it's not possible (well INCREDIBLY unlikely) to get latest 5s that high without pulling extra covers for max-champed 4s.  Not sure they are "wasted" though as you could start dupes?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 said:
    grunth13 said:
    mpqr7 said:
    grunth13 said:
    Wasted 195 covers.

That's a first world problem if I've ever heard one.  Thanks for clarifying.  And you are right, it's not possible (well INCREDIBLY unlikely) to get latest 5s that high without pulling extra covers for max-champed 4s.  Not sure they are "wasted" though as you could start dupes?
    I could start dupes, but when I counted the numbers of covers for each 4star, the max was 36.  So, yeah, I could rechamp for 375k iso, but I would never get them high enough to make them return worthwhile.  Majority of the champ level "niceness" was in the level 330+.  By the time I would get them that high, they would probably get vaulted and now I have a dupe sitting there getting a cover or 2 every 3 months.  Again, definitely first world mpq problems, but a problem that the super whales are facing even worse than myself.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Free player. My "stalker" is Blade for sure. He was 1/1/3 before, had him as favorite for a little bit and he's almost my highest overall at 283.
    Cyclops still ahead at 286.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I am mostly F2P but I have splurged a few times during sales. I was very early into the 4* transition when vaulting hit. I am currently at 12 champs, 7 of which are characters that were available in post-vault tokens. The highest is Medusa at 278.

I'm now in the "massive ISO drought" portion of the game with fully covered characters coming faster than I can champ them, so I have started hoarding my other resources. I have already champed two of the next three 4* to leave the tokens (Wasp and Spider-Woman) so it's probably going to be a while before I start spending down my hoard. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to keep waiting to try and get more bonus Iceman covers. :s
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Jarvind said:
    Highest is Peggy at 295.

I spend some cash, but I wouldn't say I'm a "whale." I only have one fully covered 5* who I haven't leveled due to scaling concerns, and my highest overall 4* is Red Hulk at 311.
    Similar, Peggy at 313. 

Free to play, only 5* fully covered is hawkeye and not yet levelled. The remaining 4* champ are all under 300, IMHb is highest at 299
  • insound0
    insound0 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I literally just champed spiderwoman. I consider myself a casual occasional spender lol