Highest Champ Level of a Latest 4*?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Now that Vaulting has started, I'm curious about the highest champion level you've been able to get so far for a character who currently is or at one time was part of the Latest 12. My highest level is Spider Woman, at lv 290. Also, maybe you can specify below whether you're a whale, intense free (Edit: includes intense with VIP and other small payments) or casual free. I'm intense free.

I imagine these stats will change over time, as more people get used to the process.

Highest Champ Level of a Latest 4*? 96 votes

At least 310
17% 17 votes
At least 305
4% 4 votes
At least 300
3% 3 votes
At least 295
9% 9 votes
At least 290
10% 10 votes
At least 285
6% 6 votes
At least 280
10% 10 votes
At least 275
12% 12 votes
At least 270
14% 14 votes
None championed yet.
11% 11 votes

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    My spider-woman and Peggy are at 293 and 291 respectively, and those were just going about things normally. My Carol has recently passed them though. She's up to 297 as she's my only 4* bonus hero. I would consider myself "intense-free"

edit: For reference, my highest 4s are 4hor at 310 (aided by 13 covers i had "saved" as a dupe that CS let me deconstruct way back when) and IMHB at 307.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Wasp at 314. For a few weeks, her covers were raining down on me. Glad they improved her. Four others are in 300-305 range.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Highest is Peggy at 295.

I spend some cash, but I wouldn't say I'm a "whale." I only have one fully covered 5* who I haven't leveled due to scaling concerns, and my highest overall 4* is Red Hulk at 311.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I have Spiderwoman at 279.  You are missing some options though.  Apparently there is no distinction between "Whale" and "I spend money to support the game."  I do VIP every month and buy a Logan's Loonie during sales, though i did buy HP during a non sale to get my 13th Rulk in Heroes for hire.  I definitely would not call myself a whale.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Peggy 295 and Wasp 290. Intense free
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Of the current twelve, I have Spider-Woman at 279, Luke Cage at 271 and Wasp at 270.

However, I have been hoarding Legendary tokens since January and will probably open it as soon as the next season rotation hits. My goal is 250 Latest Legends pulls, which should translate to around 18 covers for each of the current twelve, so that should bump Spider-Woman up to around 300 and Cage to 200-ish. I have Carol Danvers as my lone fourstar favorite, so she should end up around level 330 once the hoard is opened.

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler

Wasp at 272, just champed this weekend

Medusa right behind her at 5/3/5 lvl 206

Saving up CP to champ Peggy 5/5/2 at lvl 161(at 51 now)

I would call myself intense free, I go for max prog on pve and 575 for pvp, been VIP for a while.

• mpqr7
    I have Spiderwoman at 279.  You are missing some options though.  Apparently there is no distinction between "Whale" and "I spend money to support the game."  I do VIP every month and buy a Logan's Loonie during sales, though i did buy HP during a non sale to get my 13th Rulk in Heroes for hire.  I definitely would not call myself a whale.
    I have updated "Intense Free" to also include VIP and other non-whale-sized payments.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the new system it seems unlikely I'll ever get any 4* champ over 275 or so, at least not in the near future.  Lot of baby champs to live in squander, what a joke...
  • mpqr7
    Very interesting replies. It seems that the main way people are getting champions above lv 310 is as a by-product of hoarding all their LTs and CP for several months.

Opening up tokens every day like me does not seem to be a possible pathway to getting lv 310+ 4* champions, ever since the vaulting occurred.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Somewhat of a mild whale,, don't do VIP, but I hoarded all my cp and tokens from the time BB went to the classic token hell.  I pulled when all new 3 5's were new.  I opened until peggy was max champed then stopped until Iron Fist was in the rotation.  In the end, I had peggy and all the others except iron fist max champed and Iron Fist was 335.  Wasted 195 covers.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    Opening up tokens every day like me does not seem to be a possible pathway to getting lv 310+ 4* champions, ever since the vaulting occurred.
    Your not giving yourself enough sample time before forming an opinion.

Embeded in your poll question a bias towards the 1st of the latest 12 to leave the poll.  Specifically  Peggy has almost a year (at the min 6-8 moths) as one of the most sought after 4* in the game.

Of course,  people had zealously pursued her and C4rol and its no surprise she's the most heavily covered of the current 12..

The better way to ask and think about your question is "How many covers will Hobo fist have when he leaves the blessed 12?

I don't necessarily disagree with the premise of your question,  but your methodology is pretty shaky.  You need to isolate out all the covers that were earned before the advent of vaults before we can take your hypothesis at face value.

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Medusa at 327, but I whaled her during the Christmas sale when there were multiple covers of her in some vault I think.

Best non-whales are Gwenpool, Wasp, and Peggy at 314, 312, and 310 respectively.  I think my best gauge for "how high can they get while in tokens" is Coulson for me - the first to be released since vaulting went live that I was able to get champed without wasting any covers, and he is 294 already.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    My highest latest are Cage at 286 and Blade at 284. Put that in context, Hulkbuster is my highest at 291 after being champed about a year ago (I think). 5 champs higher than Cage, 8 higher than Blade. I was playing hard for the last few months though.

I champed Carol a week or so ago, and she is now at 277. Should end up pretty decently up the champ levels.

• mpqr7
    grunth13 said:
    Wasted 195 covers.
    That's pretty rough! I'm glad you got some high-powered heroes, but that's a lot of covers to go to waste. Hopefully there's a way to do it next time that won't waste as many.

Phumade said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the premise of your question,  but your methodology is pretty shaky.  You need to isolate out all the covers that were earned before the advent of vaults before we can take your hypothesis at face value.

I agree with your point. I knew that it would be more accurate if it only included ones that originated in the latest, not ones that were added to latest but also existed in pre-vault times. I just couldn't wait until then and wanted to see the current results!

We should definitely do a similar poll, once all non-vaulted characters have been rotated out of the latest 12, so that it's only post-vault characters.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    I have exactly 3 4* champ levels: 2 on Cho, 1 on Fury, so 0 for this poll (ugh, reading comprehension).
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Medusa at 274, highest of 5 4* champs (3x new, 2x old)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    290 (spiderwoman, ug)
  • mpqr7
    SnowcaTT said:
    290 (spiderwoman, ug)
    Whoa, we are twins! She's my highest latest as well! Somehow even higher than Peggy... d'oh!
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Wasp is highest at 295. Carol is at 293 and she got a few bonus hero levels too. Then HB at 293. I have 9 current latest champed. When vaulting came I only had 3 - Spider-Woman, Kate Bishop and Peggy. And HB was the only over 290 (Champed some 13-14 months ago).

I'm f2p since the last anniversary sale. Before that I would buy the Logan's Loonie when a sale happened. I did open two mini hoards though, in this period. First 80+ classic pulls beginning of March, and again 80+ latest pulls middle of April. Also went from full 13 champed 2* to just 2 (plus Bagman), in the meanwhile ...

I do play a lot. But slightly less in the last couple of weeks since I've installed gems of war. It may take longer to grind all the ISO I still need, but it's refreshing to play a different game mode, so to speak, when I feel like it.