Worth fighting for a 3600HP refund?

2»

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:
    Are you a whale?

If not, don't bother. You won't get any decent treatment.
    Stop spreading this myth.  Whales really don't get that kind of preferential treatment.
    Unless you're "the whale" and they send birthday gifts.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    Quebbster said:
    Eh, I'm Swedish too and I wasn't surprised by this particular turn of events. I have had plenty of experiences where one thing was said and then something else entirely happening, as recently as two weeks ago.
    I'm a bit surprised. I don't think it's too much to ask to be compensated, even though I am aware it probably won't happen. :) I just know that if I was in their place I would have compensated the customer accordingly. But I am not in their place so I'm accepting this. My lesson learned is not to contact CS regarding similar issues again.
    It's a waste of my time and their time.
    I agree that it's not too much to ask. But let's consider a hypothetical scenario ensuing from this.  

Let's say the issue was resolved in your favor.  You get your 3600 HP back, you lose all the covers and iso, hp, and xp gained from your purchase and subsequent adding of champ levels or new covers from opened tokens. Everything is now even-Steven and all is right in your MPQ world and roster. You then post about your happy experience here. Word spreads on forums, thru alliances, anywhere MPQ is discussed. Everyone with buyers remorse about purchasing at the 3600 HP price point decides to submit a ticket citing your case as precedent. You just opened the floodgates for a customer service deluge that I'm sure they can't handle based on the "merging dupes shortly after championing" fiasco of 2015. Which would tie them up at all levels by processing all 3600 HP return requests that they can't deal with anything else. They can't take care of you and not everyone else, right?

in this regard they may not be wrong in declining to compensate you if it leads to detrimental consequences for their customer service and policy
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    You can only gain - i say at least try - there is nothing to lose :)
  • beyonderbub
    mexus said:
    Also I don't think this is more to ask than all those who are encouraged to contact CS to have their unwanted 5* covers swapped for another (desired) color. Which obviously is a thing. I thought CS was very good at meeting likewise demands.
    So, this "policy" above is exactly the type of unintentional consequence that might have been derived from my hypothetical above where due to CS taking care of one request on the fly and contrary to existing policy is now forced to concede to requests because someone spilled the beans. I don't think that MPQ or their CS ever intended on taking care of all of us who intentionally hoard LTs and CP to get as many of the 3 Latest 5*s and then trade in any 'extras' to even out the remaining undercovered of the 3. But now this practice has become part of the end game meta, and takes advantage of the impromptu policy. The policy you mention was never announced anywhere.  It was quoted from a customer service email to a forum member. To this day, there is no official confirmation that this policy exists and actually only benefits those in the know through word of mouth. Also, this "5* trade up policy" has an unknown expiration date, which is probably. going to cause another forum blazeup once they shut it down and certain vocal forumites have not had a chance to capitalize on it. 
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Working as a sales rep, I'd really just give the extra champion reward, especially in the instance of a digital good.  The amount of good will that was given would be worth it.  Yes, I realize it wasn't a flat out refund of the initial HP that was spent, but it's a token acknowledgement that a customer had a bad experience and an attempt by the company to right the problem.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be more angry about spending 3600 HP on a cover that other players can buy for 2500 HP because of the unfair A/B Testing
    There is a difference in what you get between the 2500 and 3600 packs. I show the 3600 which includes a 4*, 10k iso, 8 elite tokens, and 3 cp. My alliance mates with the 2500 offer has the same 4*, but 4k iso, 1 cp,  and 4 elite tokens. You're not spending an extra 1100 on the cover but on 4 elite tokens, 2 cp, and 6k iso. I personally like the 3600 offer better- the elite tokens helped my 2* farm and who doesn't need iso and cp? 
  • beyonderbub
    Roland113 said:
    Working as a sales rep, I'd really just give the extra champion reward, especially in the instance of a digital good.  The amount of good will that was given would be worth it.  Yes, I realize it wasn't a flat out refund of the initial HP that was spent, but it's a token acknowledgement that a customer had a bad experience and an attempt by the company to right the problem.  
    You mean give away the extra champion reward that cost others 3600 or 2500 HP, devaluing their time and resources committed to acquiring it? While gestures of good will are nice and all on an individual basis in this example; if repeated on a large scale (because undoubtedly recipient of goodwill will shout it from the mountaintops) it will only serve to undermine the integrity of resource allocation in this game. This line of giveaway thinking is fine and good if you are dealing with fast food sandwiches; not with digital currency in a tight knit gaming community
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    In response to the OP, I would take it as a given that "There are no plans at this time" "There are no plans at this time that development has informed us of" and "There are no plans at this time that development wishes to inform end-users about" will be communicated to end users using the same verbiage, so I would not consider the message you received to be false or misleading in any way.

You could certainly pursue compensation if you like (at worst they'll say no) but I wouldn't expect any, personally.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I would be more angry about spending 3600 HP on a cover that other players can buy for 2500 HP because of the unfair A/B Testing
    The covers come with differing amounts of tokens and resources as well.  They're not selling the exact same thing in either store.  At some point I'm sure they'll decide which offer is working out better and everyone will get that version.  Or perhaps they'll notice a massive drop-off in all the sales after the first day's offer with four additional guaranteed 3* covers and we'll get some new variation.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @mexus

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Customer Support, however please understand that they absolutely were not trying to misinform you. The information for the upcoming changes were only presented to us not-too-long-ago this past Friday (4/21/17), and we immediately posted it in the forum to give everyone an early announcement.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be an offer of good will but if you used the cover unfortunately I don't think there is much that can be done. 
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    I contacted CS a bit over a week ago, maybe closer to two weeks ago now, asking if they planed to include Blade (4*) in champion rewards. 
    Their response was very clear:
    "there are no known plans for reworking Champion rewards"

"There are no known plans"

CS plainly states that they do not know of any plans. They clearly do not say that there are no plans.