Worth fighting for a 3600HP refund?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I contacted CS a bit over a week ago, maybe closer to two weeks ago now, asking if they planed to include Blade (4*) in champion rewards. 
Their response was very clear:
"there are no known plans for reworking Champion rewards"

Based on this I went along to purchase the Blade Heroes for Hire pack (3600 HP) just to learn, a few days later, that the changes I specifically asked for are being implemented.

I would have been OK with this all if CS told me "we can't really know if the developers are planning changes to the champion rewards" but as I see it I have been misinformed (parts of my alliance agrees - they've also seen screenshots showing what CS told me.
I re-opened my ticket, demanding a 3600 HP compensation (they can take my red Blade cover back - I have an extra one in the cover queue for another week that I could add - bummer if they decide to refund me after this extra cover's been expired!) and also asking them to swap the Ghost Rider I got from 3* Blade for a 4* Blade (Black). They quickly closed this ticket, though, with a standardized answer about "not knowing what the developers are planning" without even commenting on my refund request.
I once again replied saying I feel mistreated still asking if my compensation can happen, 
ticket still pending.

Should I just let this flow or is this worth keep putting energy into?

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I wouldn't put anymore energy into it.  

When you first contacted them they may very well have had no plans to change the rewards.  They changed them weeks later.  Sucks that you spent on the Heroes for Hire when you could have held off but it is not like you didn't get the thing you paid for and should get a refund.  They gave you exactly what you paid for, even if it is less palatable because of the change that occurred to the rewards.  

As for the rest of it, you got rewards just not the new ones.  Enjoy what you received and don't fret over what you didn't.  

I just got over 223 on Blade this past week  The Ghost Rider cover was sold for 1K since I already had that color at 5.  The Blade cover would have been a champ level.  It's a tiny bummer but nothing to get worked up about.  

Just accept that the champ rewards will change from time to time, sometimes in your favor, sometimes not.  
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Are you a whale?

If not, don't bother. You won't get any decent treatment.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    You knew it was a risk, but you did it anyway.

If the devs don't want us to know things in advance, which they clearly don't. Then they are not going to set up a situation where we can learn it from CS. I mean that is just blatantly obvious.
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Main question here is a wrong reply from customer support.
    They said "no planned change", that is completely different from "we don't reply about development issues".

The customer is correct to ask for compensation in this situation imho.

@Brigby, can you follow up on this issue?

Thanks
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Maybe there were "no known plans" AT THE TIME OF YOUR INQUIRY and thanks to you CS did pass along info to the devs who then decided to address champion awards and make the announcement a week later? Oh, the irony...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    you really are asking the wrong people.  Why would CS have any clue about the game development?  if you have read anything on this board its that CS is the last department to know.  you would have been better off asking the forums about that question.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be more angry about spending 3600 HP on a cover that other players can buy for 2500 HP because of the unfair A/B Testing
  • beyonderbub
    mexus said:

How are the majority of players that are not active on this forum supposed to get their answers about the game? 
    Reddit, Facebook and the Dark Web
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Phumade said:
    you really are asking the wrong people.  Why would CS have any clue about the game development?  if you have read anything on this board its that CS is the last department to know.  you would have been better off asking the forums about that question.
    Maybe this is all a clash-of-cultures,
    I'm from Sweden. The company I work for are very transparent with each other through the departments. When someone asks about content in the app, I can turn 45 degrees to the right and ask my college about the issue if I don't have an answer to give straight away.
    Same thing if someone asks about a development issue. I often know what to answer, if not I'll get the information I need before sending my respons. 30% of my work in CS is gathering information so I know what information I can share, and how I can share it.
    I can answer billing questions, send refunds, let customers know what content will be available, what features are being implemented, help them with bugs / problems etc. etc. and when I get a question I truly can not answer (due to secrecy / policies) I of course tell them that I can, unfortunately, not answer that.

I really and truly believe that the best way to reach a company, as a customer, is through the customer service. I can't see how this is wrong.

How are the majority of players that are not active on this forum supposed to get their answers about the game? 

I Think the problem here is that one hand literally doesn't know what the other is doing, and the other hand prefers to keep it that way. From what I have seen here, my impression is that the D3Go employees would love to give us more information, but they aren't getting much from the developers at Demiurge. I can sort of see the benefits of playing the cards Close to the vest for Demiurge too - if they share details about not-yet-finalized plans and then change those plans... Well, I don't know if the reaction would be worse than when they just spring a nasty surprise on us, but not sharing details until they are finalize.

Also, heja Sverige!

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Phumade said:
    Maybe this is all a clash-of-cultures,
    I'm from Sweden. The company I work for are very transparent with each other through the departments. When someone asks about content in the app, I can turn 45 degrees to the right and ask my college about the issue if I don't have an answer to give straight away.
    Same thing if someone asks about a development issue. I often know what to answer, if not I'll get the information I need before sending my respons. 30% of my work in CS is gathering information so I know what information I can share, and how I can share it.
    I can answer billing questions, send refunds, let customers know what content will be available, what features are being implemented, help them with bugs / problems etc. etc. and when I get a question I truly can not answer (due to secrecy / policies) I of course tell them that I can, unfortunately, not answer that.

I really and truly believe that the best way to reach a company, as a customer, is through the customer service. I can't see how this is wrong.

Yeah, this is how most of the western world does it:

"My job is to push this one button. I will not put one iota of energy into doing or learning about anything other than pushing this button."

"Hey, could you push that other button six inches to the left?"

"NOT MY JOB PAL. BUCK-PASSING PROTOCOLS INITIATED."
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    mexus said:
    Phumade said:

Not really an unfair opinion on your part.  But its unrealistic in terms of the past history and practice of this game.  I think your expectations are quite reasonable and realistic and your free to pursue your inquirty with CS.

That said,  its just not realistic basic on the history and practice of this company.  I would love to see otherwise,  but It just not how the company has acted in the last 1200 days of game play.  

Honestly,  Do you believe in words or actions?  Cause their past actions speak far louder than their words

• beyonderbub
    From your interpretations above, it seems that you simultaneously can't read between the lines, yet see things that aren't really there. Your wishful thinking is deluding you into bad decisions that you regret later on. Good luck on finding resolution. 
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    I don't know when someone is considered a whale but I have spent more in this game, at least the last month, than I am willing to admit / accept.
    The fact that you think of your spending cycle in the game in term of month and not week or day clearly shows that you are not a whale. :^)
  • beyonderbub
    mexus said:
    From your interpretations above, it seems that you simultaneously can't read between the lines, yet see things that aren't really there. Your wishful thinking is deluding you into bad decisions that you regret later on. Good luck on finding resolution. 
    Is this for me? It feels as some kind of an attack, 
    can you please specify what lines I didn't read between and what imaginary things I see that aren't really there?
    You seem to take CS response to you literally as fact when you should know there are uncertainties in the wording of their statement. And then you've created this train of thought that wasn't really stated to help justify your decision. This again may be a cultural thing. You should also heed previous posts about regarding the company's past behavior and actions vs. what is typeformed out of a Customer Service rep.

As a compliment, maybe the US companies should outsource its CS to Sweden instead of the countries it uses now. Sounds like you have more power to affect change for the customer than CS here. 
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    To answer the original question, no. This request, like this post, is about as frivolous as they come.
  • beyonderbub
    MojoWild said:
    To answer the original question, no. This request, like this post, is about as frivolous as they come.
    You know I thought so too right off the bat, but after reading that OP is from Sweden, I can blame this on differences in cultural experience and expectations. Here in the US, we know that a good experience and satisfactory resolution from CS is the exception and not the norm unfortunately. Our OP doesn't deal with the horrors we deal with everyday here. Maybe the click bait articles about why Sweden and Norway are happier countries than the US got something right. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, I'm Swedish too and I wasn't surprised by this particular turn of events. I have had plenty of experiences where one thing was said and then something else entirely happening, as recently as two weeks ago.
  • beyonderbub
    Quebbster said:
    Eh, I'm Swedish too and I wasn't surprised by this particular turn of events. I have had plenty of experiences where one thing was said and then something else entirely happening, as recently as two weeks ago.
    I'm truly glad to see diverse perspectives from the forum. Maybe the OP is from a "better" part of Sweden where they are insulated from the duplicity of human nature?

also was that a jab at vaulting or Heroes for Hire vaults? Well played, sir ;)
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir said:
    Are you a whale?

If not, don't bother. You won't get any decent treatment.
    Stop spreading this myth.  Whales really don't get that kind of preferential treatment.