When will shield rank expand past 125?

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Agree with Bow, I figure I'll be at 125 in less than 3 months, and losing that pretty massive ISO bonus every week will hurt.  I spend, but am far from mega-whale status.  Day 925 or so and am still struggling to champ the 2 newest 4*s and catch up on my 2* and 3* farms after champing Panther.

Even after getting all "caught up" I still have ten vaulted 4*s that I could go back and champ with any surplus ISO, and eventually some classic 5s that will get covered and need ISO as well.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Btw you can access cl8 at 52. That's a lot of shield ranks that's doing nothing but giving iso up to 125.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Can someone tell me why there is actually a wall at 125? What is the harm in having it at 150, or even 500?

And for those stuck at 125 now, do you keep opening and applying everything and lose out on that xp? Are you still earning xp behind the scenes and it's just not showing up?

This is lame.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    +1 for the wall, allowing other to catch-up
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just hit 100 myself.. if I continue to get 1 level per week, that's still 6 months away before I hit the wall
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could take note from other RPGs that have New Game + (e.g. Chrono Trigger)

Meaning that once you reach Shield Rank 125, you can choose to start again with Shield Rank + at Rank 1. However you still have the benefits of BHs and SCL8, except this time each Rank Iso reward is double.
    More like Shield Rank prestige mode.
    Or...champ your shield level.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    How about now? More and more people are coming up against this wall and the ISO hit is very real.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Rank doesn't need to increase, looking at SCL requirements the number is pointless that high...  it could have stayed at 100 and still been fine to accommodate the SCL spread up to 10.

I think the issue is people capped on rank aren't getting the regular infusion of ISO leveling brings, so all they really need is a mechanic to give X amount of ISO for every Z experience points and stop bothering with the +1 number.

Honestly I don't really see the point to the rank anyhow, SCLs should be open to any rank, its not like 2* rosters will be circumventing the system to their advantage if they join SCL8 and complete the team up nodes... At most flash a warning from Fury saying "Hey dummy, you're about to get wrecked, are you really sure you're into that?"

• Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Okay, got my carrot, now I'm not buying or opening until the level goes back up. It feels like a waste if the new stuff could be getting me xp for levels. I'd like to hear if 125 is a permanent cap or not. I know this is a first world problem, but it is annoying. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I heard that they still track your activity and when the cap was last raised everyone got credit for those moves past 100 and received appropriate iso.

But that statement needs to come from a red name post.

Make sure you 
    @ feature to directly ask brigby to comment.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Or just make the last available level repeatable. No additional level gain, but keep getting the iso.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    aa25 said:
    Or just make the last available level repeatable. No additional level gain, but keep getting the iso.

Like Future Tech in Civilization?  Sounds reasonable.  Never happen.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    I heard that they still track your activity and when the cap was last raised everyone got credit for those moves past 100 and received appropriate iso.

But that statement needs to come from a red name post.

Make sure you 
    @ feature to directly ask brigby to comment.
    Yeah but...the old reward of, what, 100,000 ISO for hitting level 100 doesn't exist any more.

So if they have a max level reward that's always out of reach, that's very frustrating...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    sorta hoping I finish 125 before the update happens.  Butat 118 its already 60k per rank level.  The 100k at 125 will be nice, but it won't be that much better than if it just went to 126
  • Pla5yer99
    Pla5yer99 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    If they add hero points with iso for each shield level gain, players will be more motivated to gain levels 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pla5yer99 said:
    If they add hero points with iso for each shield level gain, players will be more motivated to gain levels 
    The people coming up on 125 don't care about hero points.
    Trust me on that.

I'm 700 away from 123, so yeah, I'd like my XP to not go to waste in 4 weeks.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby,

It's been 3 months now and no comment.  Can we please get an update on this?  Why is their a rank cap?  When is it going to be expanded?  What are the devs waiting on?

If, as last time, the ISO rewards and levels are accruing behind the scenes anyway, why is the cap there?  If the thought is that when the cap expands new things will be available or given away, why can't THOSE things be retroactively provided while the ISO and level increases be made available immediately?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby,

It's been 3 months now and no comment.  Can we please get an update on this?  Why is their a rank cap?  When is it going to be expanded?  What are the devs waiting on?

If, as last time, the ISO rewards and levels are accruing behind the scenes anyway, why is the cap there?  If the thought is that when the cap expands new things will be available or given away, why can't THOSE things be retroactively provided while the ISO and level increases be made available immediately?
    It's not like the Cap even means anything. The highest required rank to get something new is 51 or so. A lot of us already started higher than that when scl were introduced.