The Hunt scaling tracker

Options

Comments

• Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My TOTW is at 113, I have been using Hood, OBW and Fat Thor.
  • Mine is at 113 for TOTW. I have been using CMags so he has hurt my scaling with his perpetual blue skill.

113 here with CMags as well. Might need to stop
  • mine is 138. no cmag, no spidey. mainly obw bp, lt, and generally 1 heal maximum. finished 4/5/15 in first three subs. killing my guys still doesn't seem to lower levels.
  • 222/223/223. This sucks... I just want to place top 20. I don't think it's gonna happen.
  • Soo happy that mine is still 67/68/68

And I have been long time in top 5 of my bracket with my 85 2star roster. Huh. It feels stupid to play poorly when I could be wiping the board, but happy that my really careful playing has really helped to keep my levels so low. Fattest enemy i have seen has been in 138.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    222/223/223. This sucks... I just want to place top 20. I don't think it's gonna happen.
    We have the same scaling right now and I'm leading my main bracket and currently am in top-10 of both subs. It's do-able, but totally sucks that we have to.
  • 222/223/223. This sucks... I just want to place top 20. I don't think it's gonna happen.
    We have the same scaling right now and I'm leading my main bracket and currently am in top-10 of both subs. It's do-able, but totally sucks that we have to.

The problem I have with complaining about scaling is that it is impossible to tell how much of a lead you may have (or not have) in the overall bracket. It is fine to be at a disadvantage in terms of scaling if you have a considerable lead in the overall bracket, since that lead is permanent as long as you managed to keep pace in the subsequent sub brackets. Of course, there is literally no way to know how much, if at all, you're leading your main bracket in this event until the event is over due to the staggered sub brackets. It may turn out all your scaling was for naught, or maybe it turns out that you're actually sitting on a pretty comfortable lead at the end. There's just no way to tell at this point.

Staggered sub brackets just makes it too hard to get any clear picture of where you stand. On something like Simulator Basic, you know what your lead (or lack of) is in the main bracket is at the end of every sub event, and suppose you see that you're now ahead by 1500, that's generally a pretty commanding lead that is worth the extra scaling.
  • Phantron wrote:
    222/223/223. This sucks... I just want to place top 20. I don't think it's gonna happen.

The problem I have with complaining about scaling is that it is impossible to tell how much of a lead you may have (or not have) in the overall bracket. It is fine to be at a disadvantage in terms of scaling if you have a considerable lead in the overall bracket, since that lead is permanent as long as you managed to keep pace in the subsequent sub brackets. Of course, there is literally no way to know how much, if at all, you're leading your main bracket in this event until the event is over due to the staggered sub brackets. It may turn out all your scaling was for naught, or maybe it turns out that you're actually sitting on a pretty comfortable lead at the end. There's just no way to tell at this point.

Staggered sub brackets just makes it too hard to get any clear picture of where you stand. On something like Simulator Basic, you know what your lead (or lack of) is in the main bracket is at the end of every sub event, and suppose you see that you're now ahead by 1500, that's generally a pretty commanding lead that is worth the extra scaling.

Work makes me play sub-optimally, so I have to grind more than I wish. I could do it in the Hulk event and placed top 5 there. Here's I'm languishing in the mid 30s for overall bracket and it looks like theres no real hope of me winning enough points per fight to catch up.
  • My scaling is topping out at 180 for the worst nodes. I'm currently in top 10 for my main and haven't yet hit the subs for the noon end time.

The team I've been using has varied wildly, but I have only used Spidey on one node, and that was just to test out my shiny new 5th blue (and holy cow is it gross even compared to 4 blue covers). I also have been using OBW judiciously to avoid coming out fully healed from every battle. My team consistently includes Lazy Cap (89), Psylocke (92), IM40 (125), Punisher (141), BWGS (115) and a smattering of other heroes to fill in as needed. Oddly, my biggest underperformer was the buffed C. Storm. She's way too squishy for the number of brutes I'm facing (pretty much any of the DA's over level 100 pummel her flat).

I think the biggest factor for me keeping my lead in the main (I only dropped from 4th to 13th overnight, which I found amazing) was being able to play consistently over the Easter weekend. Community scaling was low, plus I didn't have to grind so my own scaling stayed low the first couple days.
  • Well my TOTW is 269/270/270 so that's a thing....

My "Ares" mission in the Florida sub is currently 371/372/372. That'll be a fun fight and not at all overly long and grindy.
  • TOTW is 167/167/167 right now, I am #3 in my hunt bracket (I do not need Green S+V Wolvie)

I am maintaining that position simply by hitting the "essential" nodes twice each refresh. I look at the Ares battle in Florida (238+ right now), and shudder. and then I ignore it.

FWIW, I have been running Punisher / Lazy Cap / OBW all the time except when Torch or Buddha (oops! did I get my fat gods confused?) is required. I finish most matches between about 60% to 100% overall health.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The problem I have with complaining about scaling is that it is impossible to tell how much of a lead you may have (or not have) in the overall bracket.
    If you're not in the lead, you can have a pretty good idea of what your worst-case scenario is -- if you only play one sub at a time, whatever your placement is when one sub ends is your worst-case scenario, since that's where you'll end up if everyone above you hasn't started the other subs yet either and plays at least as optimally as you the rest of the way. In practice you should be quite a bit better than this since not everyone will play optimally, it's pretty likely that many people ahead of you have already started their other subs, and given that they're ahead of you there's a good chance their scaling is worse than yours.
  • Wew..mine is 161/162/161..damn daken i really, really hate daken...wat do i do? I want to be on top but if i dont use my high lvl char how could i get on top..i use magsmn, c.storm and obw because they are my only high lvl chars and the others sucks! Hays..
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ToTW up to 167 now. Was at 127 a couple of days ago. I guess I'm not tanking enough or something.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    ToTW. 138

Bullseye 3: 222
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Totw is at 125, down from 130 after killing my whole roster. It seems to be going up about 10 a sub/day
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TOTW is 269/270/270.

I finished 11th in Florida because I had to skip the highest-value node, which was at 376. But, hey, I have this to look forward to in Savage:

bbffea82-0bc9-47be-a787-7df58044b7ec_zps80a0a186.png?t=1398229477
  • Phantron wrote:
    Because nobody can beat the main bracket missions like Top of the World more than once, so you can assume whatever effect community scaling on that is constant. The main bracket missions are probably meant to be lower level than the sub bracket missions but it gives you an idea of where everything scales to.
    Community scaling seems so be global instead of mission based this time. As far as i can tell it's a multiplier to the base value of each mission.
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Because nobody can beat the main bracket missions like Top of the World more than once, so you can assume whatever effect community scaling on that is constant. The main bracket missions are probably meant to be lower level than the sub bracket missions but it gives you an idea of where everything scales to.
    Community scaling seems so be global instead of mission based this time. As far as i can tell it's a multiplier to the base value of each mission.

I certainly didn't notice any nodes that are especially high or especially low this time around, whereas back in the past you'll occasionally see the mission that's level 225 out of the 230s which means people obviously died on that a lot.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Grinded the first subnode I unlocked (Alaska) in order to reach the 50HP reward from top50, and to my desmay it returned heavily scaled, like from 60 to 100.

I am now only targeting top300 for the tokens icon_e_sad.gif