The Hunt scaling tracker

Options
I noticed that the main bracket missions continue to go up even though you can't ever do them again, so similar to Simulator Basic this gives you an idea what your personal scaling is because community scaling on this is fixed (no one can ever do these missions again).

I figure we might as well use the last mission (Top of the World) since it's got the highest level so it's easier to tell what scaling you have (other missions seem to be capped at a low level now). Right now I got 183/184/184.

Anyone want to share some horror stories?

Comments

• 113/114/113

I'm horrified that I like PVP more than PVE, does that count as a horror story?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    93/93/93 for me. It's not too bad, but I REALLY need to stop going for these top 2s. The scaling cannot be worth the 1.2% chance of getting red or green HT from that extra token...
  • 67/68/67 for me.

I've been trying hard to maintain low scaling and not push for top 2s in sub events.

Many regular missions for me are still about 150+ by then end of the sub-event.

The required character missions are around 45-70 for me.

Currently 40th, have not started Alaska or Florida yet. Estimate ending the event in 3-10 or 11-20
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    102/103/103 pushed for top 2 first 2 subs - must.. stop.. pushing.

Having said that most of this pve I have been using my fully covered lvl 6 mnow magneto (boosted to 40), lvl 40 Classic Storm (boosted to 80) + random for most nodes and it's been going really well.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In Savage, I got my first 300s. Ares at level 301 does over 4,000 damage from onslaught. Yeah, that was fun. icon_rolleyes.gif

I suicided four different teams and the levels never dropped.
  • In Savage, I got my first 300s. Ares at level 301 does over 4,000 damage from onslaught. Yeah, that was fun. icon_rolleyes.gif

They were at around 280 when my event ended.

Let's see who gets the first level 400!
  • reckless442
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    In Savage, I got my first 300s. Ares at level 301 does over 4,000 damage from onslaught. Yeah, that was fun. icon_rolleyes.gif

I will gladly let you win that race.

The joke is that I have only used Spidey in one node the entire event and that was a low-level goon fight because I didn't want to bother with going to the prologue to heal. I also did not use Spidey at all in the last PVE. So nobody can say that Spidey is causing my scaling issues.
  • Phantron wrote:

The joke is that I have only used Spidey in one node the entire event and that was a low-level goon fight because I didn't want to bother with going to the prologue to heal. I also did not use Spidey at all in the last PVE. So nobody can say that Spidey is causing my scaling issues.

I haven't been using Spiderman out of fear of winning the level 400 race, though it sure hasn't stopped the nodes from going up. I finished 2/3/3 so far in the sub brackets, so I can't really complain about enemy level going up. That said lazy Thor + OBW + Magneto has some pretty insane offensive power and can burn through HP really fast as long as Daken isn't on the other side.
  • reckless442
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I haven't been using Spiderman out of fear of winning the level 400 race, though it sure hasn't stopped the nodes from going up. I finished 2/3/3 so far in the sub brackets, so I can't really complain about enemy level going up. That said lazy Thor + OBW + Magneto has some pretty insane offensive power and can burn through HP really fast as long as Daken isn't on the other side.
    Yeah, I'm using Lazy Thor, Human Torch, and Magneto most of the time. Sometimes, Magneto, Patch, and either Black Panther or Psylocke to change things up. I think the key is that Magneto's blue gives you board control and that keeps you from taking "optimal" damage.

As if using strategy to avoid damage is a "bad" thing. SMDH.
  • That's why I tank with patch and let his Regen do the work icon_e_wink.gif But seriously it's pretty dumb how this scaling works. I mean once you start to get to the crazy levels you can't really win without stun locking / infinite combos so it forces you to win with no damage (because any ability at those levels are probably 1 hit KO's) So then your levels go up even more in turn. It seems the levels go up very easily but even if you sacrifice an entire roster to a node it will go down maybe 10 levels? This community scaling thing really needs to go!
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, scaling sucks again. Big time. After the huge news about the incoming changes in scaling (level 400, hurray!), I decided to run The Hunt without using Spider-Man at all. Seriously, until today I haven't chosen him once, even though he's my second-highest ranked character in terms of levels. Also, I benched Classic Mags, and didn't choose to launch OBW's healing at the end of each fight, like I used to do before. Heck, I even sidelined Patch, because of his regeneration, as he tends to finish most fights with full health. I thought, that if I played by the new rules, I would be rewarded with little scaling (or maybe none at all?). The game gave me an enormous middle finger, that's what happened. Scaling went bonkers, today I'm struggling with 150-180 lvl foes on more and more nodes, which means that probably by the end of the event I'll end up in the 300-320 area. Thus, the game forces me to use all the heroes I've put aside to be succesful. I appreciate the devs trying to fix the scaling so it works properly, but it seems that they can't do it. Get rid of the community scaling factor ASAP, that's the only solution I see now.
  • what really sucks is those of us without good spideys and cmags are going to be completely SoL once the levels spike.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can run oBW, 2* Mags and CStorm all of which are buffed. If the board lets you quickly build up purple and/or blue you're OK. If you stall out long enough for them to attack then it's a wipe. Also helps to have +blue/purple or +all boosts to overcome a bad initial board.
  • My personal scaling shows 86/85/86.. Yet my enemies are 169 and so on icon_e_sad.gif
  • Mines at buffed foes like daken,ares at lvl280 ish already
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Im at 102/103 in TOTW, but seeing 190s on several Alaska nodes. I havent used Spidey once, generally take damage leaving less than full, and sacrificed my entire roster about twice a day with little to no impact. I only have one maxed 3* (Frank) and could probably be fine with this as long as the 1* roster people are seeing the same spike. Does anyone know if that is the case?
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    iPulzzz wrote:
    My personal scaling shows 86/85/86.. Yet my enemies are 169 and so on icon_e_sad.gif

how can you be sure what is your "personal scaling"?
  • morgh wrote:
    iPulzzz wrote:
    My personal scaling shows 86/85/86.. Yet my enemies are 169 and so on icon_e_sad.gif

how can you be sure what is your "personal scaling"?

Because nobody can beat the main bracket missions like Top of the World more than once, so you can assume whatever effect community scaling on that is constant. The main bracket missions are probably meant to be lower level than the sub bracket missions but it gives you an idea of where everything scales to.
  • reckless442
    Options
    I'm now 202/203/202 in TOTW.
  • Mine is at 113 for TOTW. I have been using CMags so he has hurt my scaling with his perpetual blue skill.