Clearance Levels

2»

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weird thing about SCL is that it's nice and all, but I actually get better rewards from Shield Intercepts. I love Shield Intercepts, but it's weird because I worked hard to get to SCL 8 (well, not that hard, because I started out at SR 65 and am now at SR 95, and you only need SR 53 to get to SCL 8).

Whereas I didn't work at all to get Shield Intercepts. My only qualifications are that I'm not on Steam, and I'm more than willing to sit through the ads. So basically anyone could get Shield Intercepts, and they're way more valuable than any of the SCL prizes... doesn't that seem strange? It should be the other way around... the prizes that you have to work for should be more valuable.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The problem is, if they did improve rewards to that level, then eventually people would catch up to that SCL and there would be significant rewards inflation.

Such inflation is clearly what Demi wants to prevent; the question that needs addressing is whether such inflation can be good for the long term health of the game. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem is, if they did improve rewards to that level, then eventually people would catch up to that SCL and there would be significant rewards inflation.

Such inflation is clearly what Demi wants to prevent; the question that needs addressing is whether such inflation can be good for the long term health of the game. 
    They have control over when 'eventually' is.  They could increase the SR requirements for SCLs to prevent such inflation if/when it becomes a problem.  Right now the SR requirement for SCLs is a joke and part of the problem.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Blade's PvP, last slice, joined late, CL6 - the one that doesn't even award 4* for 900 points.

Top 8 players have scores over 900 points. Every single one of them has either 4* champs or 5* champs.

That system is bloody broken.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Alsmir said:
    Blade's PvP, last slice, joined late, CL6 - the one that doesn't even award 4* for 900 points.

Top 8 players have scores over 900 points. Every single one of them has either 4* champs or 5* champs.

That system is bloody broken.

They wanted to have an easy time placing for the 3* covers for champ levels, and didn't care about the 4* covers or the competition for them. Not working as intended, but increasing player agency.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I think the fact that many people play in lower CL than they can shows there is a problem.  People should want to level up to qualify for higher brackets, but that's now how it's working today.

i think the easiest solution is to add 4* covers or CP to the progression rewards.  If these were in progression rewards, which would you choose?

CL 7: 1 4* cover and 25 CP
    CL 8: 2 4* covers and 25 CP
    CL 9: 2 4* covers and 35 CP
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update as always! It's great to know that this is being looked into. Hopefully the scaling is not too difficult! I would love for scaling to stick to SCL and not penalize me for making progress in leveling up my characters, especially now that I'm finally starting to champion some of my 5*s.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Suppose there would be a few detractors on this idea, but perhaps a limiter should be set on PVP SCL as well. It is clear that you can restrict higher SCL levels from low level starters as incentive to grow. Perhaps leverage the same mechanism to prevent higher-level players from accessing lower SCL tiers.

The suggestion would be to limit SCL and tiers within two brackets. The aforementioned SCL 9 would be able to access tier brackets 8 & 9, SCL 8 access brackets 7 & 8....so on so forth... 
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Just to let you all know, the development team is still testing and developing the idea of scaling tied to SCL, but once that's been finalized and addressed, they'll begin evaluation of rewards for each level.
    Just so long as they keep in mind that SCL 7 is where most are going to park at the 3->4 transition stage, as that's the first place you can get 4* progression rewards. Progression being the only reliable way to obtain 4*s aside from spending CP.

So SCL 7 should not assume a good roster of champed 4s, but could assume champed 3s.

--Khanwulf
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something like limiting brackets could be good once they have linked CL with scaling, else suddenly 5* players can drop down to 6 and do clears in half the time of 3* rosters that should be playing there.
    Of course, suitable progression award improvements could self correct that to a degree.