Do you want to have OML back ?

Ironcat
Ironcat Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Do you want to have OML back ? 108 votes

Yes
55%
darkestcursePorkBellyStanley71KolenceYasurufirethorneLegallyUndeadCubRobJonny1PunchxKOBALTxseshomalpearlD3P2K5chris0001moss04TarouzaChest Rockwellmadsaladfrachrmpqr7 60 votes
No
20%
EddiemonsinnerjflDuckytrewiltrewilSnowcaTTPhumadecarrion_pigeonsChipster22DaveR4470udonomefoobeyonderbubhalirinBishopevade420revskipdrayviper32FightmastermpqCoubiiManakaastrp3 22 votes
Nevermind
24%
HadronicGritsNGravyGrumpySmurf1002DeNappaSykosonikTiggidaJangoLoreJVRealDrkmttr50Virus_Type_VDeadsiderESN91vitaleNewMcGRoboDuckKGBAmsha3garbrollTMLMETT-T dependent 26 votes

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    In what sense are you asking? The pre-changed OML? You sold OML and do you regret that decision?
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    This actually hit me harder this week because of the Kaecilius fight.  Last time we fought Kaecilius, OML was a fantastic meat shield.  This time around I tried the same strategy and OML was dead in just a couple of turns.  

Further, he's been generally useless in PVP now.  I still get mileage out of him in PVE, but not as much as before.

I have a level 435 5/2/5 OML.  I'm still hoping I'll get that last yellow cover someday, but this has been a major disappointment.
  • Ironcat
    Ironcat Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    I still have him (lvl 452) But he is really useless now. i want to have pre nerf OML. I am really disappointed too... D3, you should read our comments, and listen your client... don't forget without our money, this game will die... 
    OML isn't overpowered versus other 5*, it's silly to compare him to 4*, compare him to full leveled other 5*
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    I'd like to say that I've moved on, but RNGesus simply won't let me! Well, in around 100 days, I'll finally pull his third yellow, bringing him to 5/3/5, so I can champ him and no longer throw away the blacks and reds that I pull.

My C5p is at 4/4/4, so the next BH I pull of him will bring him to 13 covers as well. At some point, hopefully I'll get championed versions of other 5*s. A man can dream...
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    I voted yes. The rest of my roster is not strong enough to make up for the loss of OML's tanking - I'd settle for PvE scaling being reduced too!
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    No
    I use him more now than I did before.

I sold my dupe cover for a champ level on Nat.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    i want his healing back to pre nerf, i'm tired of using so many health packs to play.  and while we are at it revoke true healing
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Marked yes. A slight nerf to his healing was probably warranted, but not to this degree. And nerfing his black, particularly the post-transform version, was totally unnecessary.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nevermind
    As someone who wasn't personally affected (1-cover OML), I don't really care either way. I still think the nerf was completely unnecessary, though.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Nevermind
    Didn't mind either way. Only had 1 red for OML so... yeah..
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    No
    Jarvind said:
    Marked yes. A slight nerf to his healing was probably warranted, but not to this degree. And nerfing his black, particularly the post-transform version, was totally unnecessary.
    Meh, how often were you really using the post-transform black anyway?  And maybe it's just me but 95% of the times I did use it it was just total overkill - 30k damage to an enemy with 4k health typically.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    This actually hit me harder this week because of the Kaecilius fight.  Last time we fought Kaecilius, OML was a fantastic meat shield.  This time around I tried the same strategy and OML was dead in just a couple of turns.  

Further, he's been generally useless in PVP now.  I still get mileage out of him in PVE, but not as much as before.

I have a level 435 5/2/5 OML.  I'm still hoping I'll get that last yellow cover someday, but this has been a major disappointment.
    I just got my 13th cover for OML a week after the nerf. Champed him. He still sucks.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Scaling is broken for a person with a Champed OML and SS, but no other usable 5*. Both PVP and PVE are now horrible experiences where you are completely beat down every match and are lucky if you can beat it let alone beat it without spending 3 health packs. A person with champed 4* roster as their top is in a better place than a person with a champed OML and SS.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    I want what's fair. 

1:1 covers for compensation for starters

OR

An equal leveled 5* of our choice.

OR

All of the money we spent since his release refunded to us.

OR

The nerf reversed and the ability to roll back our accounts for those of us like myself dumb enough to sell him for chump change.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    OML's nerf really highlighted how the devs are either malicious or ignorant when it comes to understanding the game. OML was overused to due to either being a good self healing meat shield, which would save health packs for some, or because players had to use him due to their scaling. The X-Force nerf was understandable. He was crazy powerful, but OML is a mid-tier 5*, he's just been around long enough that most people have had a chance to cover him. This "10% of wins" point is largely meaningless without knowing what those wins were. I only ever used him as a meat shield in LRs, but my OML is 2/2/2 lvl 255. The people whose scaling got screwed up thanks to 5* now have to use an all around inferior version of a character that was meant to be useful at 1 cover or get chewed up and spit out by their scaling and MMR.

The devs seem to want us to play a different game, but don't want to change how the game is actually played. Quick matches and conserving health are still the only thing that matters regardless of whether you're playing PvE or PvP. A few months down the line Strange or Thanos is going to get the same over-nerf, because the devs won't like that we play with the toys exactly how we're meant to.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    Perfectly worded STOPTHIS. Well said bro agree completely 
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Yes
    Yes. Lvl 390 oml with 5 yellow covers can't keep up with kaecilus  match damage.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This question, and even the responses, are so poorly worded.

I didn't sell my Logan, so I can't "want him back." I'd like him to not be all nerfed, but that isn't the question, is it? And what is "nevermind" supposed to mean in this context?
This discussion has been closed.