Who is your favourite and why

Options
2»

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    X-23..my favorite current character in the comics and the main reason why I initially started playing

coincidence then that she was the first 4 Star I unlocked?

semi-coincidence that she was also my first 4 star Champion
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1161 --> Patch

He single-handedly progressed my 3* transition.

1- Patch - Magneto (before the nerf with the OP blue power )
    2- Patch - OBW- Falcon for the goon nodes (now Strange-Starlord nodes )
    3- Patch - Black Panther (before the race to 4* with huge health, Green Rage-Black Rage combo)
    4- Patch - Hulk  HULKBOMB!!!!!

I still like playing him sometimes, more nostalgia than anything else ....
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    1161 --> Patch

He single-handedly progressed my 3* transition.

1- Patch - Magneto (before the nerf with the OP blue power )
    2- Patch - OBW- Falcon for the goon nodes (now Strange-Starlord nodes )
    3- Patch - Black Panther (before the race to 4* with huge health, Green Rage-Black Rage combo)
    4- Patch - Hulk  HULKBOMB!!!!!

I still like playing him sometimes, more nostalgia than anything else ....
    I play Patch/Daken teams a lot because I played a lot of "Prodigal Sun" with them in the console version
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In terms of characters to play as, probably Carol. I quite enjoyed her as a loaner when she debuted, but now I've got her at 13 covers and I'm slowly levelling her up, she's a lot of fun to use in the current PvE. Can't wait to team her up with Medusa or even Coulson.

In terms of characters I just like, I'll always favour Jane Thorster. she's my favourite Marvel character by a long way (Loved her recent team up with Doctor Strange...though it was bizarre she became Quicksilver for that issue).
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
     as a note: I hate every other iteration of her (2* and 3*), but this version is just perfect. 
    2* Ms. Marvel yellow is one of the most underrated powers in that tier, since it had both the ability to overwrite tiles and generate cascades. Team her up with 2* Hawkeye and it's arrow time.
    Good point. But I don't hate that 2* because of her power, but because it doesn't bring me joy using it. Same for the 3*. The 4* variant is the only one that I feel amazing when playing with... I know odd :D
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    I have to shout out X-23 though.  I am one cover away from champing her and am pretty sure she will be my favorite when I get that last red or purple.  I love true heal and hers is pretty amazing if you let her tank.  I already use her more than most of my other 4's.  Sucks that she's vaulted.
    X-23 was my first love too, the first 4* I wanted to champ... but I got stuck at 5-0-3 and didn't get any covers after that. Then the vaulting came out of nowhere and my goal was not pursuable anymore (for the near future at least). So I decided to turn my atention to C4rol and it was a good choise. Peggy just came along, really. 

Now I have both C4rol and Peggy ar 5-3-3 and my dream is to form the rainbow team with X-23 in the future. But getting those red covers will be hard... very hard. Growing Daken now in the hope of earning at least one red cover, but again, that will take a loooong time. Will see... 
  • D4Ni13
    edited April 2017
    Options
    X-23..my favorite current character in the comics and the main reason why I initially started playing

coincidence then that she was the first 4 Star I unlocked?

semi-coincidence that she was also my first 4 star Champion
    I so envy you for that X-23... I too wanted her most in the past, but after vaulting things got worse. Currently stuck at 5-0-3. 
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Don't worry about X23 IMO. I championed her forever ago and never use her :(
  • PFellah
    PFellah Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Day 289. Working through the 3-4 transition. Overall. I'd say Steve Rogers (3*) -- a slow starter, but fun once he gets going. It's entertaining to be cycling 2 or 3 copies of his red and blue tiles; taking out the right enemy tiles, finding hiding spots where they won't get matched away, etc.

However, in the last few weeks, I'm starting to develop a virtual man-crush on Doctor Strange, and he may be challenging for the crown if I can get him some more levels.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jean Grey will always be my favorite. First 4-star I had, first I championed, classic X-men character (even if this particular version isn't), gets rid of all specials including countdowns - nobody else has a chance.

She's not nearly as powerful as she once was, but she can still melt faces with the best of them when she's boosted.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

While I probably use Steve Rogers and Doctor Strange a lot more, thematically my favorite character is probably Ant-Man.  I really like the shrink-grow mechanic and his abilities generally seem to make sense in the context of what was shown in the film (I never read his comics).  Just a fun little character.

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 1115 here and Daredevil is still my favorite. His purple kinda sucks, but the other two are just chaotic fun. Others in the running are Ant-Man, Nova, and Quicksilver.

I sure wish "fun" and "good" were given relatively equal measure...
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm slightly afraid that if we keep loving 3* Strange they'll nerf him :(

So erm, my favourite is 2* Bullseye. I love those protect tiles, they can really slow a match down.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been having enormous amounts of fun using Carol, Medusa and Wasp in Sim this morning. I knew I loved Medusa, but Carol is a beast and I kind of want to worship at her feet. Wasp isn't on their level, but she shines when backing them up. I beat a Peggy/IM40/Iceman team with barely a scratch.

For PvE, I sometimes wonder what I did before Strange came along. Now that I have C4ge champed, goons are rarely a problem. It's delightful to have a Tommy Gun go off and take no damage.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the perspective of my roster, Phoenix is my favorite. Pulled 7 covers in the span of a month or two when I was still transitioning into a 3* player. Now I'm going into 4 land (all 3s done except hawkguy and 16 champ 4s) with Phoenix @ level 420 3/3/5. Between her match damage and red power she tops everything else I can put out, those strike tiles though!!! Plus with limited 4s champed I really only need 1 boosted 4 a week to be competitive in PVP.

Independent of my roster I like C4rol, her powers are awesome and she can pair with anyone that puts out special tiles and makes characters that put out 1 turn cds even more deadly (with blad3 get a couple strikes out and hit night stalker. Watch those strike buff every turn. You can fill the same with his purple attack tiles too.) 

@granne I just champed Wasp today and can't wait until I get C4rol and Medusa there to try out that team in sim. There is SO much synergy between all their powers!! And they have basically everything- tile buff, ap steal, ap generation, team heal, passive damage, strike generation, protect generation, attack generation, board shake, cd generation, cd manipulation, stun, passive aoe, and tile steal. I mean, honestly, how do you beat that? 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm slightly afraid that if we keep loving 3* Strange they'll nerf him :(

So erm, my favourite is 2* Bullseye. I love those protect tiles, they can really slow a match down.

If they nerf Strang3 I'm done.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just champed Wasp today and can't wait until I get C4rol and Medusa there to try out that team in sim. There is SO much synergy between all their powers!! And they have basically everything- tile buff, ap steal, ap generation, team heal, passive damage, strike generation, protect generation, attack generation, board shake, cd generation, cd manipulation, stun, passive aoe, and tile steal. I mean, honestly, how do you beat that? 
    My C4rol is Level 250 5/4/3, with a black cover that's expiring in about 10 days. I've got one more (highly unlikely) chance to pull a green cover from the current taco vault.

Since that probably won't happen, I'll wait until the last possible day to start pulling LTs. I've been (kind of) hoarding until Thano5 rotates out of Latest, but that's probably gonna be pretty soon, and I feel it's close enough. If I don't pull a C4rol yellow or green with the few pulls I'll have, I'll just use 120 CP to buy that last yellow cover.

All that to say, this will probably become my next Sim team, after she gets champed. Grrrrrl power! 
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options

In the comics, my favorites are (in no particular order) : Spider-Man (PP of course, the only real Spider-Man imho), IronMan (Tony Stark of course), War Machine, Captain America, Thor (the real one, again of course), Wolverine (Logan), Phoenix, Hulk (Bruce Banner), Captain America (Steve Rogers)

In game, I'd have to say I love playing with Dr Strange against goons (he's so much fun), Thanos with his Court Death and Thoress for the heavy damage she does (I hate imposter Foster in the comics but it's a useful character in game)

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion said:
    I'm on day 1041 and my answer is easily Thanos.  3* Thanos for seeds and trivial nodes, 5* Thanos for everything else.  Since I champed the 5* version a while back, one or the other has been in almost every fight I've been in.
    You don't even have Court Death with the 5*.  As a 375 Thanos 1/5/5, let me tell you, it's glorious.  I regularly do over 16k when it goes off because somebody will KO, triggering another 4-5k from Court Death.  He has so much HP that I can sometimes go 3-4 matches before needing to use a health pack.

I fear the day when he'll get the nerf bat, but Thanos feels so powerful.