Who is your favourite and why

After 847 days, I've amassed quite the collection.  All 3*s championed, seventeen 4*s championed with almost as many at max covers and I was thinking of all the characters I've used over that time. 
So I was wondering, how many days you've played, who's your favourite and why 

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    My favorites are whichever champs I have boosted for the week. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on day 1041 and my answer is easily Thanos.  3* Thanos for seeds and trivial nodes, 5* Thanos for everything else.  Since I champed the 5* version a while back, one or the other has been in almost every fight I've been in.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    day 700. 
    My favorite char is 4* Captain Marvel because she is well designed, fun to play and offer different builds and strategic choices. She's not the anwser to everything, but with the right team, she can be very fast and powerful.

as a note: I hate every other iteration of her (2* and 3*), but this version is just perfect. 

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I like 2-star Carol. I use her every day in the 2-star DDQ nodes. Her black is handy in that wave node.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm a big fan of Car4l as well.  She has synergy with so many characters (basically any countdown or special tile makers), she self-feeds, can manipulate the board with her Yellow, has a brutal passive, and her nuke is faster than most because you can collect AP from two colors.  I only have 12 champs though about half are top tier (Peggy, Pun, Rulk, Buster, Jean).  Carol is the most fun for me to play.

I have to shout out X-23 though.  I am one cover away from champing her and am pretty sure she will be my favorite when I get that last red or purple.  I love true heal and hers is pretty amazing if you let her tank.  I already use her more than most of my other 4's.  Sucks that she's vaulted.
  • hawkeyeguy99
    hawkeyeguy99 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Day 941 here, I gotta say 3* Hawkeye is my current favorite. (yes I'm biased). His blue ability is just so much fun because it does so many different things. He's not the best character, but if he gets a blue AP feed like IM40 he can rack up some pretty serious damage.

As opposed to that, I really like OML even after the nerf. Just fun to play with plus one of my favorite characters.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Currently, my favorite is Medusa.  When the battles are night, she makes your team nigh-invincible.  Healing and AP generation in overdrive makes everyone else easier to use, therefore, she wins.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I love teaming wasp with 3* Falcon on goon/mindless/minion nodes. Every yellow helps tactical intuition and boosts yellow tiles.  Building blue is great for red wing stealing tiles and stuns.  Flipping a bird strike over and over is awesome.  pairing with 2* bullseye,3*strange, or any blade just is tons of fun.
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    3* Falcon.  based on what I read here and see in PvP, he is very underrated.  I think he may have been tweaked recently because I don't recall his Purple doing damage as well as laying down defense tiles. 

I use him with guys like Iron Fist and 3* Torch as his yellow will boost their attack tiles.  Add in another character like Beast that makes use of Yellow and Blue and you get to double-up on powers.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely Dr. Strange.  I'll say 3* cause I don't have a playable 5* yet, but they seem pretty close to the same, with 5* having slight better abilities.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    3* cap. Still my all time favorite. Shield to face, damage, take out enemy tile. Shield to face, stun, take out enemy tile. Defense, awesome. Team up capable with everyone.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Dr Strang3 and Iceman. 
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I hate thinking about favorites since we're not allowed to have so many of them anymore.  :'(
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler

There is a ton of favorites for me but I don't have the option to play them anymore because of scaling.  MMR tells me I have to play my one 5* every match with whatever 4* is boosted.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want some comparison: I'm on day 678 and have all 3*s champed (except Hawkguy) and 10 x 4*s Champed, and more are coming along shortly.  My favorite changes every month or so, but here's my overly long list of favorites since I started playing in 2013:

1* Storm
    2* Widow
    3* Thor
    3* Punisher
    The Hood
    3* Cage
    Star Lord
    Invisible Woman
    IM40
    Thoress
    Rhulk
    Peggy
    Wasp (my current)

Thanos & Strange are definitely useful, but they were never my favorite. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Day 93 and my favorite is 3 * doctor strange. Lots of goon nodes, lots of nice free extra damage.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards
    Around day 700.
    Strange. He's just so helpful against goons. Just pair him up with a nice boosted 4* character and those goons drop like flies. Plus, he stuns. Just a beast. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Borstock said:
    Around day 700.
    Strange. He's just so helpful against goons. Just pair him up with a nice boosted 4* character and those goons drop like flies. Plus, he stuns. Just a beast. 
    Don't forget the AP drain that comes with that stun. I've avoided many a nuke or AoE by draining the right AP.

Strang3 definitely sees a lot of play from me. I have a soft spot for Medusa, my first 4* champ. I like Bl4de too, especially paired with IM40. I'm close to champing C4rol too, and she's a lot of fun. 

Oh, and I'm day 354 or so.