Sweeping "Bad publicity" threads under the rug unfairly?

13»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:

But the problem was I soon discovered where I was at and said to myself, "Why am I commenting on these? No one really listens to our suggestions and feedback anyway".

I assume what you really mean is "no one from D3 or Demi comments on these threads, or has implemented any of my actual ideas", since we have no way of knowing whether they actually read the threads or not.
  • Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Jonny, I couldnt comment on your original as (although its back) its closed, but it was very good and shouldnt have been moved.  It will now likely fade away, which is unfortunate.  

You have been able to crystalize my thoughts and i will be leaving soon too due to the same reasons and the lack of opportunities to give feedback or even vent without it being censored.  

Good luck in the future. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Honestly,  you have bad moderators who are as equally inept at communications as demi.  I see no subtlety or tact in how they deal with and interact with forum users.

Have you ever considered having a poll where we may offer 360 degree feedback on their performance?  This is pretty commonly done in most corporations and serves as a feedback loop as to how well they serve the ultimate customer, "the users"
    The forum mods are sponsored players, of course they will side with D3/Demiurge whenever possible 
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I happen to agree that it is intentional. As for making people happy, the best way is to not lie to and /or mislead your players, also actually acting like you care rather than canned responses would go a long way. Something I have tried to instill in my children is if you make a mistake own up to it. A huge mistake was made and instead of admitting it they want to make the players who take the time to comment out to be whiny babies.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Syleye said:
    I happen to agree that it is intentional. As for making people happy, the best way is to not lie to and /or mislead your players, also actually acting like you care rather than canned responses would go a long way. Something I have tried to instill in my children is if you make a mistake own up to it. A huge mistake was made and instead of admitting it they want to make the players who take the time to comment out to be whiny babies.
    At the same time, though, just because your most vocal children think you've made a huge mistake (like moving to [insert random geographic region here] or whatever) doesn't mean you should tell them you've made a mistake, or apologize for it. Presumably that decision was made for reasons that they can't currently comprehend and do not have any real say in (although you probably took them into account in some way).

You can acknowledge their feelings and find ways to make the new situation work for everyone, certainly, which I think D3 and Demi have done a reasonable job of conveying.

I like this analogy, let's keep it going :)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can acknowledge their feelings and find ways to make the new situation work for everyone,

I totally agree with crnch.  They've failed miserably at this part
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    The problem is their intentions were not good, they were based on trying to force people to buy health packs and their fix for dilution left many of us with rosters we can't finish at all. When the cure is worse than the disease it's time to look at the quality of what you are actually doing

bleh shouldn't type when annoyed at people who don't get that not owing up to your responsibilities is a character flaw
  • Jaedenkaal
    Syleye said:
    The problem is their intentions were not good, they were based on trying to force people to buy health packs and their fix for dilution left many of us with rosters we can't finish at all. When the cure is worse than the disease it's time to look at the quality of what you are actually doing

bleh shouldn't type when annoyed at people who don't get that not owing up to your responsibilities is a character flaw
    Probably not, given that the part there that I've bolded is a pretty accusative opinion being displayed as a fact.

Phumade said:
    You can acknowledge their feelings and find ways to make the new situation work for everyone,

I totally agree with crnch.  They've failed miserably at this part
    Ok, I'll take that part back; they could be doing a better job of this than quietly sending out a single NMG token to everyone who used OML after the nerf.

Anyways I think we're getting a bit off topic here. I disagree that moving a thread to the feedback forum amounts to censorship. There's no restrictions on who can view or post in that forum (to my knowledge).
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Jaedenkaal said:
    Anyways I think we're getting a bit off topic here. I disagree that moving a thread to the feedback forum amounts to censorship. There's no restrictions on who can view or post in that forum (to my knowledge).
    No, there definitely isn't. But I guess it's too much of a pain to take the "this is what I hate about the game" echo chamber to a different forum that isn't as heavily trafficked.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    General Discussion is appropriate for any topics that are game related and would not fall in to one of the other defined forums.

Aren't you defining General Discussion by what it isn't, rather than what it is, then?  Surely this is one of the primary reasons why the forumites have issues about posts being moved to other forums, as it leads to confusion about what goes in GD as opposed to another subforum.

I think F4TD raises a good point.  You need to define General Discussion by what it is.  It potentially needs a title change accordingly.  Until that happens, most topics are going to end up here, because it's "General".
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, you know what would be really helpful for everyone? If there was a "Complaints and Whining" sub-forum. Then when the mods put something there, no one will have anything to say! It went where it belonged!
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Hey, you know what would be really helpful for everyone? If there was a "Complaints and Whining" sub-forum. Then when the mods put something there, no one will have anything to say! It went where it belonged!
    Oh, but I've seen that before!
    At first it was one topic, called "Rants" and stuff. All the criticism and negative feedback was force-moved to that topic.
    Then the topic got more traffic and regular discussion, so it was locked. Then it was moved to Graveyard sub-forum, where all the old, outdated threads were.
    Funny, tho, all the criticism was still moved there (yep, to locked topic in graveyard sub-forum).

Then we had a forum move, and that was one of the topics that mysteriously disappeared due to a bug while switching forums.

Then mods didn't even care and started banning people left and right for criticising the game.

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Jamie my original post on OML was moved by a mod without any explanation or warning and without brigbys knowledge. He admitted that was not right whatsoever how it was handled and shoved away.... he moved it back to general discussion but it was closed off after being redirected . Phaserhawk brought it back to general discussion in a new thread but it was quickly shut down by another mod saying to discuss it in its original thread ( but the original was closed in GD and quickly getting buried).

It was handled very sloppily and with poor communication. On my end it felt like I was being targeted due to personal bias from certain mods I have a history with in the game.

i could have easily edited the topic and added a " So what's everyone's general thoughts in a post-nerf OML MPQ world ?" to make it fit the GD criteria perfect. 

I worked hard on that article and it's received over 80 likes/insightful reactions. It was extremely disrespectful how the mods handled it and no apology /explanation given. It deserved better then that, it was a constructive and thoughtful non-toxic article.

Mods please work harder to make the forum a better and more constructive place..... not being so trigger happy shoving things you don't like into a dark corner without proper channels of communications is a great way to start. If your moving something with good intent, then shoot that person a quick pm telling them why. You may have missed something or be incorrect in your actions. Thank you.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Jamie Madrox I agree with many of your points. The GD needs to be redefined or removed. Otherwise the decisions to keep some threads there and move others looks very arbitrary and in the current "toxic" environment is not good. To be frank with the state the forum "mood" is I would just keep most threads there unless it's an obvious case (something that is suitable for Roster help or bug report). That is until the GD section problem is solved.

Also - I think this discussion has reached a certain point where a moderator responsible for the move of the original post should put on the man pants and step forwards. Explain/apologize (not saying move it back - just for the lack of communication with the OP) and we will be done with it. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone curious as to why THIS thread hasn't been moved?  This in no way fits "General MPQ Discussion" and is just more J1P whining that everything is unfair
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    For full transparency, I did not move the original post, but I am the mod that has extensive personal history with J1P so I would not have modded it in the first place. We have an unwritten rule that we don't mod posts by people that we may have negative relationships with unless it's absolutely necessary.

That said, I don't know who moved the post originally, but the only issue with the move (from our end) was that there was not a link left behind in GD pointing to the post. You may have noticed that the forums recently changed. With that came a whole new set of mod tools and challenges. Some things we used to do are not as easy as they were before and some things just can't be done at all.

One of the things that was less than intuitive was leaving behind the link to a post when it is move. To be honest, I didn't even know we could still do it until it was pointed out. We're all learning a new system on the fly so some hiccups will occur.

Your patience is appreciated.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Woah can't use my mod color thingy but this is me going into mod-mode: **Mod-mode: ON!**

I do believe the purpose of this discussion has run its course so I am locking it. As I stated previously, it is standard mod procedure to inform a user what actions are being taken and why, either through PM or a public message, when modding a post but it appears one of my fellow-mods failed to do so. Brigby has made it clear to the mod team the importance of notifying members when modding a post.

If your post has been moved or removed and you have not been given an explanation either via PM or in a public post,  please contact a mod or Brigby. As a forum user you have a right to know and contest a mod's decision. Thank you.

**Mod-mode: OFF!**
This discussion has been closed.