D3/ Demiurge purposely tanking the game?

I currently have 5/12 latest 4*'s champed, 5/12 4*'s covered, and 2/12 4*'s not fully covered. I have no reason to pull cp's or LT's because very high risk of burn for ISO. I am on day 961. I have no 5* covered. My highest on a 5* is Captain America with 10 covers. With most of the 4*'s vaulted I have no reason to spend because I'm no longer receiving champ rewards. It seems as though d3/demiurge is trying to deter players from the game both new and old. I don't understand. I used to just spend my cp LT's regularly because back before the vaulting I figured f it I'll still end up with a useable cover but now there is just no reason to use. I'll never catch up to the rat race of sinking enough ISO into the latest 4*'s so there really is no reason to spend cp's or LT's.  Now that that is my outlook I've actually got some LT's and cp saved though. If the game is still running in several months maybe I might have a use for this ****? **** who knows.

Comments

• ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Basically today I learned there is no reason to spend 

*removed profanity - Ducky
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just save ISO and tokens until you have enough to champ somebody, then pull until you get a 13th cover. Rinse and repeat.

It takes ages, but I did it when there were 40+ characters in tokens and intercepts didn't exist, I've got most of the 4-stars champed now. It should actually be easier to do this now that there are only 12 characters in tokens and ISO comes faster - one of the few accidental bright spots in the vaulting fiasco.

You're still kinda screwed as far as old characters go, but at some point you'll find yourself with a lot of champions and a boatload of tokens in reserve that you can eventually just go nuts on.

I'll caveat this how I always do, though - if you don't like the game anymore, just stop playing.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    With so many characters in the game now it would be impossible for newer players to get started. This is what they hope to rectify through vaulting.
  • ComatoseJackal
    edited April 2017
    To allow vets that fit the cl lvl to gain the newest 4 through pve then beat the tinykitty out of s new player? You make sense Max... ????????????????

**Removed profanity - Ducky
  • ComatoseJackal
    I played just having fun there is no reason to spend cp or LT's anymore
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Of all the "hot takes" on the direction of the game, this is one of the less eloquent or thought-out ones. 
  • ComatoseJackal
    Except for saving them and being bored watching those numbers grow I guess that is good cuz now I'll actually hoard but never did that before because it's boring.
  • ComatoseJackal
    I'm not a thinker ????
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding is super boring. I tried hoarding my cp... I got to around 200 cp and then gave up. L O L
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    With so many characters in the game now it would be impossible for newer players to get started. This is what they hope to rectify through vaulting.
    I find it quite the opposite.  In order to do the best in events and get the most out of DDQ you need to champ all or at least most 3* and 4* you at least one some of the top tier champed.  These help because of the required character slots and rotating boosted characters.  Unless the undo vaulting or remove these required/boosted, this system willl hurt a new players ability to progress.  They will find it easier getting the few non-vaulted 3* and 4*s, but they will find it harder to get the ISO required to level them.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    The game is obviously not going anywhere in "several months".  This is not a useful conversation to have.

Hoarding might be boring but it will reduce waste, which seems like your biggest concern.  Just decide what level of waste you're willing to tolerate and go from there.  If the answer is none, then quit.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still am of the opinion that when they implemented vaulting, we all basically started playing MPQ-2.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT said:
    I still am of the opinion that when they implemented vaulting, we all basically started playing MPQ-2.
    Thats pretty much true.  All of the vaulted chars are basically retired, even at the 5* level I feel like any 5* less than 10 covers is basically retired from play and I've focused all my resources on the newest 5*/4* releases.

My basic philosphy is that Peggy is basically a depreciating character and her only real value is how fast can she get help me acqurire newer 4*/5* chars.

At some point I fully expect her to be sunsetted like Hulkbuster and Iceman.  Those chars were great for their time, but now mid tier.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    I find it quite the opposite.  In order to do the best in events and get the most out of DDQ you need to champ all or at least most 3* and 4* you at least one some of the top tier champed.  These help because of the required character slots and rotating boosted characters.  Unless the undo vaulting or remove these required/boosted, this system willl hurt a new players ability to progress.  They will find it easier getting the few non-vaulted 3* and 4*s, but they will find it harder to get the ISO required to level them.
    But that's just it - it will be nearly impossible for newer players to cover a single character now that there are so many in the game. By vaulting characters they have narrowed the field. If you'll notice these newer characters have been implemented a lot more, with at least two being boosted every week.

At the end of the day, without the growth that newer players offer, slow death is inevitable. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Vaulting is awesome - 3 Black Luke Cages in a row - now i have 2/5/7... with 4* distrubution reduced among 12 covers instead of 50+, this will become more and more frequent issue... thanks again!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    New players have about six months to get 4* Iron Fist into a usable state. If they can't, then he drops out of tokens and becomes much harder to find. They might pick up a cover for him here and there but chances are they're not going to make it.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    broll said:

As a fairly new player, it seems like vaulting will help me in the short run (long term is a different story). Starting from ground zero with over 40 (and approaching 50) 4*s, it was going to take me a LONG time to get a single one that was usable other than in required PvE nodes and DDQ (where they were just placeholders). I am a pretty hardcore player (at least at the moment) and pull about 50 legendaries a month, plus a few 4*s from heroics and event tokens, PvE progression, and on rare occasion, PvE placement (4*s in PvP progression are out of reach for me right now and I don't even think about PvP placement). Even for me, I was looking at several months, if not a year or more, to get a handful of 4*s fully covered.

With vaulting, I now have a couple of 4*s fully covered and several more very close. By the time I get my last 3*s champed, I will be ready to begin collecting ISO to champion my first set of 4*s. I am hoping that this will allow me to get top 10 in PvE more frequently and quickly and to reach 900 in PvP (I can get to 800 now), at least when I have boosted 4*s. I may find out that having 6-12 boosted 4*s won't help me advance all that much, but others who have done so have told me it helped them.

As for DDQ, you certainly don't need any 4*s champs to complete it (other than COT). I don't have a single usable 4* and I complete it easily every day, even when my 4* has a single cover. I've even finished Behemoth Burrito with a 1-cover 4*, a level-40 3* (6 covers), and a level-15 2* (fully covered) - though it wasn't easy. In PvE, I can complete the 4* node even with a 1-cover 4* as well. Of course, I started playing a few months before vaulting was introduced and now have at least one cover on every 4*. Had I started from ground zero after vaulting, even that would have obviously been harder (though 4 of my one-cover 4*s came from bonus heroes, so maybe not).

Having said all of that, I am a collector, and would much prefer that they add a better option to get the vaulted 4*s. I used to favor splitting the stores, but now I'm leaning toward a third store with all the 4*s in it so I don't have to pick and choose.

OTOH, I am not expecting them to implement anything more than they've already given us (off-season veteran heroic store), which is better than nothing, though not by much. I am also a bit concerned by the seeming trend of concentrating on non-vaulted 4*s in event rewards. etc. I am hoping that's just an anomaly, but fear it's part of a long-term strategy (and unlike others, I am not expecting a daily 4* DDQ node - though I admire their optimism).

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I currently have 5/12 latest 4*'s champed, 5/12 4*'s covered, and 2/12 4*'s not fully covered. I have no reason to pull cp's or LT's because very high risk of burn for ISO. I am on day 961. I have no 5* covered. My highest on a 5* is Captain America with 10 covers. With most of the 4*'s vaulted I have no reason to spend because I'm no longer receiving champ rewards. It seems as though d3/demiurge is trying to deter players from the game both new and old. I don't understand. I used to just spend my cp LT's regularly because back before the vaulting I figured f it I'll still end up with a useable cover but now there is just no reason to use. I'll never catch up to the rat race of sinking enough ISO into the latest 4*'s so there really is no reason to spend cp's or LT's.  Now that that is my outlook I've actually got some LT's and cp saved though. If the game is still running in several months maybe I might have a use for this tinykitty? tinykitty who knows.
    This doesn't make any sense at all.  If you don't make the 25k/day that you need to keep up with 4* releases then you were falling behind and burning covers anyway.  If you are bringing in that much ISO you simply pull until you need to champ someone to use a pulled cover and hoard until you have them champed, then start opening again.  You focus on the newest 4s and eventually you have all 12 champed with an ISO surplus that you can use to go back and champ older characters.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    Vaulting is awesome - 3 Black Luke Cages in a row - now i have 2/5/7... with 4* distrubution reduced among 12 covers instead of 50+, this will become more and more frequent issue... thanks again!
    I currently have six latest 4* dupe covers sitting in my rewards queue... riri, blade and carol. Hopefully I win non-dupes of them, but I probably won't. We'll see.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    veny said:
    Well, you are far more likely to pull that 3rd yellow cover before the others expire with vaulting than without it.  And your odds of pulling a useless black or red are no different under vaulting than prior so I guess you are right - vaulting is awesome for these situations.