Your MPQ secret playing habits

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    I said "One time" I was playing while driving, not every time, and that was a long time ago.  I thought we weren't judging each other here anyway? 
    Oh, I'm judging you all right, because that is a patently minuscule immature cat thing to do, for precisely the reason that you described.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently started playing at the gym, between sets or doing repetitive cardio.  It really makes the time fly by!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Just echoing the "don't play while you're in the driver's seat even if you're at a red light" opinion.  It's just not a good idea.  If you acknowledge that there need to be boundaries on when you play at all, that really ought to be past them.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm on steam/pc...so i have no "unusual" playing habits...unless playing on Steam qualifies
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    I said "One time" I was playing while driving, not every time, and that was a long time ago.  I thought we weren't judging each other here anyway?
    I think people should get on your case, because even if it isn't "every time" you're driving, if you substitute "kid on a bike" for "car", and the reason you weren't paying attention was a match-3 game, it's less of an "aw shucks" funny anecdote and more of a "ruining of lives" situation.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just an FYI. I recall a player being sandboxed by Demiurge for admitting to playing while driving. They were only able to have their account reinstated when they clarified that they were a passenger, not the driver.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just an FYI. I recall a player being sandboxed by Demiurge for admitting to playing while driving. They were only able to have their account reinstated when they clarified that they were a passenger, not the driver.
    Then let's make a federal law punishable by death to anyone that merely looks at their cell phone while driving.  Get realistic, everyone has at least once looked at their cell phone while driving.  Should we sue Google Maps for making a mobile app?  Should we sue people for talking on the phone while driving too? 

People need to lighten up here.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I am a Steam player and back when PvE refreshes were ~2.5hrs I'd lug my laptop into the bathroom if nature called. I mean, it is a laptop, hah.

Don't judge!

Ok, ok, you can totally judge, lol.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    bbigler said:
    Then let's make a federal law punishable by death to anyone that merely looks at their cell phone while driving.  Get realistic, everyone has at least once looked at their cell phone while driving.  Should we sue Google Maps for making a mobile app?  Should we sue people for talking on the phone while driving too? 

People need to lighten up here.
    Many states have laws with significant penalties for any use of a cell phone while driving that isn't via a hands-free unit. Even a traffic camera shot of someone using a phone can draw the penalties in some states. It's actually a big deal.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I never promised not to judge you, and you definitely shouldn't be playing games on your phone when operating a car.  Just because you aren't moving doesn't mean you shouldn't be aware of what's going on around you.  It's just a dumb thing to do.  Put the game down.  A stupid match 3 game isn't worth the risk.

Other than joining the chorus of people telling you that you're reckless and irresponsible, I've played MPQ at some weird times.  I recently went to a party and had a lot to drink, so I crashed on my friend's couch.  Still, I forced myself to stay awake, plugged my phone into the wall and did my final clears sitting on the floor at 4 am, head spinning and barely able to focus (didn't drive, obviously, because that would be stupid).

I also went on a date a few months ago that ended well, and after I was sure she was asleep I hopped out of bed and played a bit.  I find it hard to fall asleep until I get used to someone, so I was a bit restless anyway.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I have to share the game with nieces, ages 6 and 9. They play with whatever character looks prettiest and get them killed real quickly. The fact they can't read English makes it even more fun for them because every new power is a surprise! I made them their own account, but they'd still rather play with mine, since I have more characters...
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler

Here's mine:

• I play a tremendous amount while pooping
    • Sometimes I want to grind some more just before bed, but my wife says no: so I pretend to use the bathroom before going to bed and grind a node or three, four in the bathroom ... even though I don't need to use the bathroom
    • I play during office hours when it's a slow day
    • I play while waiting between FPS matches on my PS4 (now that is hardcore: playing while playing!)
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Before MPQ I used to read while on the can, but now it's my Deadpool Daily time.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    kyo28 said:
    • I play while waiting between FPS matches on my PS4 (now that is hardcore: playing while playing!)

I've totally been kicked out of an Overwatch match for inactivity because of MPQ.
  • D26
    D26 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    OP: real talk, you may in fact have a legit addiction if you can't even put it down when driving. Not a giggle cutesy addiction, but a "wow I lost my job because I take 12 bathroom breaks a day to grind nodes" addiction. The definition of an addiction is something you do so much and without control that it has a negative impact on your life. Playing while you drive definitely falls under the "I can't control myself" aspect.

Personally, I play twice a day for a couple of hours, and if I'm busy I skip it and just play later. I can understand people getting addicted to the rewards, but once I reframed my thinking about placement rewards (I play for progresssion only, placement rewards are just gravy), I became more casual and much happier.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I fake going to the bathroom because it's the only place I can shield hop without being interrupted by the family.

I've spent HP on health packs so that I can continue to dump points and snipe with an a-team rather than something slower.
    Haha. You said dump points while on the john. :)
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Playing while students take a two hour final. "What?! It's an essay! Do your best! Leave me alone!" Shame. 
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play at work, all the time. I very often green check an entire Story sub at my desk. I generally got **** else to do. It's kinda awesome, but kinda also "What the **** kind of life is this?" But I guess that's got more to do with my job than MPQ, huh?

Also, I empathize with the sentiment that you really, really need to not play while in the driver's seat.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Ruinate said:
    I'm often naked while playing the game.

and while talking to you on Line :3
    Insightful! toooooooo insightful....we can see everything!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I play in bed before work, and on the bus to work (and back), and I play watching TV with my fiancée (she plays too, we run our alliance together).