Your MPQ secret playing habits

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
Hi everyone, I thought it would be nice to talk about something not related to vaulting, OML or HFH.  When I think about it, I have some pretty ridiculous habits playing this game.  I play it every spare moment I have in the day; so I wanted to hear everyone's crazy stores of playing this game when they shouldn't.  Since this forum is anonymous, I don't mind sharing.

• One time, I was playing while I was driving slowly in heavy traffic and ended up hitting a car that pulled out in front of me.
  • A few times, I played at church
  • When my wife watches TV she likes me to sit next to her, so I will, but I'll still play my game instead of watching.
  • If I'm at a red light while driving, I'll play until the light turns green.
  • If I'm waiting in a long line at a store, I'll play
  • I'll play while I'm eating cereal in the morning.
  • I'll play when I'm in the bathroom.
  • I'll play while I'm waiting for my code to compile.
  • Occasionally I'll play when I first wake up in the morning (because it actually motivates me to wake up)

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    You probably shouldn't play when operating machinery,  but everything else looks reasonable
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Nothing secret but I often play while I cook. 
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I play the same way except while driving. No game is worth getting into a accident for. If you really do have to play the game while driving at least wear a helmet for safety. But don't drink or play MPQ while driving. Think about the children!!!
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    I can't say my actual thoughts because I would likely get banned from here.

but please if you value the life of others at all... don't play on your phone while operating a car at all.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Sometimes I fake going to the bathroom because it's the only place I can shield hop without being interrupted by the family.

I've spent HP on health packs so that I can continue to dump points and snipe with an a-team rather than something slower.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I somehow have to poop more often when there is a PvE with rewards I like.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said "One time" I was playing while driving, not every time, and that was a long time ago.  I thought we weren't judging each other here anyway?

Anyway, I'll also take advantage of being a passenger in a car and play.  "Honey, do you feel like driving this time?"

And the bathroom is the only place I can play without being disturbed. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've posted on here before about MPQ and driving. I recommend removing that from your post so you don't get the backlash because you should not play and drive.

Anyways, I have a morning routine at work, everyday at 10AM I go to the bathroom and fully complete DDQ. in fact I had to cancel my magazine subscriptions because my bathroom time is solely playing MPQ except I'm not using my subscription money for this game lol.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Without MPQ, i would have seen like 90% less movies/series.
    I have my game windowed (on PC) and i play while watching movies :D
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Mpq has been a life saver,  I play at the hospital so much. Too much.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not worried about the backlash, I have played MPQ sitting at red lights.... To the point that I've been honked at multiple times.....  I dont play while actually moving down the road, that's way too much. MPQ has definitely taken over all my bathroom time, I'll sit when I have to pee and get a match in..... I've lost numerous hours of sleep playing this game, actually woke up with my phone in my hand in the middle of a match.... Hours later.... 
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played DDQ while standing in line at Subway today.  I've done the red light thing before, but I don't care about rewards much anymore so I don't let it consume me like that.  
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I do DDQ everyday at lunch
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's my treadmill game! Two miles a day is perfect for completing the Dead Pool Daily quests and one or two PvP fights. 
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    bbigler said:
    • One time, I was playing while I was driving slowly in heavy traffic and ended up hitting a car that pulled out in front of me.
    • A few times, I played at church
    • When my wife watches TV she likes me to sit next to her, so I will, but I'll still play my game instead of watching.
    • If I'm at a red light while driving, I'll play until the light turns green.
    • If I'm waiting in a long line at a store, I'll play
    • I'll play while I'm eating cereal in the morning.
    • I'll play when I'm in the bathroom.
    • I'll play while I'm waiting for my code to compile.
    • Occasionally I'll play when I first wake up in the morning (because it actually motivates me to wake up)
    • I've played the Red Light/Green Light MPQ match several times.  Asking the wife to drive so I can play MPQ is risky... I can ignore her driving while I'm grinding... but when the grind is over, now I'm an observant passenger and I hate it.
    • I too have played in Church... I have to be sitting in the back or take a long bathroom break.  Its much easier to check Line at church than grind PVE though.
    • My wife is the same way, we sit together and watch a show, and its a show we can both enjoy or she enjoys and I tolerate because I'm playing MPQ.  Whenever we want to chat, I just stop moving tiles and chat, then go back to moving tiles... it has slowed my end of sub grind... but if you can grind and keep the wife happy... win/win.
    • Playing in line, love it.  Dentist office before my appointment, "Yeah honey, I can take the kid to her dentist appointment no problem".
    • I'll play during dinner (but I set my phone flat on the table so that I can still see everyone at the table and converse whenever necessary or respond when I'm spoken to).
    • I'll hit DDQ during the bathroom break.
    • On the weekends, we all wake up, but my wife goes downstairs for some one on one time with my daughter and I just stay in bed playing DDQ, and do the start of sub grind if I was too tired to start the sub the night before.
    • I'll play a match or two while headed to the mail room to gather mail for my department or play while sorting mail when its my turn.
    • I'll play when walking outside to go setup the weekly workshop in another building on campus, and while waiting for attendees to show up for registration.

I've completely left off with PVP and Season stuff and it's made the game feel so much more casual and fun.  It's less stressful, and I am able to put the game on hold much easier to give attention to the family when wanted/needed, it's great.