Strange Sights Mini-Vaults 4*s Replace with 5 CP

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Didn't the top prize in the Strange Sights mini-vaults used to be a 4* cover?  This time they are only 5 CP?  At a time when the community is begging for them to give us more opportunities at the 4*s they stole they take this away too?  5 CP isn't even as good as a 3* IMO.

The tinykitty parade marches on I guess. 

Comments

• cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I know the first time around the top prize in each was a strange cover, not 100% sure about the second time but it definitely wasn't a 4*

IGNORE I'M WRONG :blush:
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the first time time around it was a strange sights legendary token. The second time was a Mordo cover
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the first time time around it was a strange sights legendary token. The second time was a Mordo cover

Yes your right the first time it was a strange sights legendary token. Don't remember Mordo being in there the second time but he's not someone I get excited to get covers for so that might explain why I forgot it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even if you buy all the special vaults, 15CP doesn't even pay for a Classic LT.. no one will buy these vaults. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mordo was indeed in the vaults during the second run. I considered buying out the vault that had his black cover, but I got that from the first token.
    This time I'll just take whatever the token gives. There's a fair chance for a fivestar release this weekend, so I'm saving my HP for that.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Seems pretty poor
    Wasn't the 4* usually the draw, 5cp is laughable i get you get 1 token for nothing but what is with this really heavy lock off of 4* characters, we've got some stupid amount locked behind a bonus hero system that very very occasionally spits out a 4* and the occasional reward from events and a 2500hp vault for 1 cover providing the one you need comes up....
    Does someone need a new ferrari or is it some kind of brakes stopping people getting to what sounds a like lack lustre high end tier.... it's bad enough the pricing is already skew wiff 2900 hp for £16 is stupid but thats the monetry value of 1 4* n 3 elite tokens, don't get why you don't just make stuff appealing, people would spend money on a game they enjoy but start trying to literally milk people and take the biscuit and most dig in there heels and spend less.

In short them mini vaults are naff, the rewards arent worth the cost
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even some decent ISO would have been nice , still daily reward is usually 2 of each token so should get something out of it , plenty of two star farming to be done 

Can't help but think, or hope something good is coming for the 4* covers or even dare we hope 5* as so much has been negative lately 

Think we are due a new kind of event too 
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion said:
    So to max out the mini vaults for 3600 HP you get:

5 CP, 3 3* covers, 3500 ISO, 4 Elite tokens, 11 2* covers

In the Heroes for Hire deal, 3600 HP gets you:

1 4* cover, 8 Elite tokens, 10k ISO, 3 CP

Which one is better?  Looks like a wash to me, but the targeted 4* cover probably makes the HfH vault better.  So if the PvP vault isn't any better than a deal they push out EVERY DAY, then why should anyone bother to buy it?

D3, power creep affects your rewards too.  You've got to look at these things and update them when the rewards get outdated.
    The sad part is that this is the update. We should have had Carol covers in this vault.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure they nerfed the strange vaults because of the HfH vault.  I must admit that the HfH vault is tempting when you see a cover that you need. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly, I like it, because Strange Sights has always given out a stupid number of regular event tokens. If less value in the rewards for the Orb/Book/Wand vaults means the event gets run more often, I'm all for it. Though if they go this route in the future, I'd have a special "Doctor Strange's Armory" vault, and have the Orb/Book/Wand tokens all contribute to it (so instead of three 20-item vaults, maybe it's one 40-item vault?). 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was actually thinking the opposite.  I'd rather only see it on character releases so that these mini vaults continue to mean something.  PVE variety is high on the wishlist, but not Sentries and Kaecilius fights for watered down mini vaults. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like prizes are getting worse and worse. Soon it will be a vault with 2*s as the best prize and then also featuring 1*s (like Yelena!!), 70 iso and 10 hp prizes, plus crit boosts... for 5000 HP.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    I feel like prizes are getting worse and worse. Soon it will be a vault with 2*s as the best prize and then also featuring 1*s (like Yelena!!), 70 iso and 10 hp prizes, plus crit boosts... for 5000 HP.
    Be careful about saying things like this.  You don't want to give them ideas.  We did just get a PVP centered around a useless 2* character about two weeks ago.  It may have been an April Fools' joke, but if anyone spent money on it, the joke could be on us when it happens again.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was actually thinking the opposite.  I'd rather only see it on character releases so that these mini vaults continue to mean something.  PVE variety is high on the wishlist, but not Sentries and Kaecilius fights for watered down mini vaults. 
    Yeah, I can agree to that. If they DON'T tweak Strange Sights to make it more accessible, and to pull into the regular rotation, I'd rather them keep it for releases for the same reason. Rather than doing something kinda halfway (like it is this time, I guess).