The Unexpected Consequences of OML's Demise

2»

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Used Patch/Elektra and threw in Bl4de for kicks. All about the first two. Will probably use Medusa as my 3rd for the Big K node. My OML is fully covered at level 360. Never used him for this node
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost with OML/L4C/Elektra... I forgot that K's moves are all passive, so nothing fires off L4C's protects. Whoops!

Then I won with OML/Flaptain (5 yellow)/Mr. F. Their shields are very helpful, and F's tile switch beats K pretty well. I'm relieved that matching multiple strikes does multiple damage to him!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:

Wait until Boss Rush. It will get worse. And then we will see many of the design flaws in this game, that were survivable due to OML healing, come shining through.

I heard if you say "Boss Rush" three times into a mirror, the devs run it again.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild said:
    People managed these events before without a viable OML and will do so again. Adapt.

This. One of the things I've been trying to avoid is coming in here for the last two weeks and posting over and over "I had a 5* champ (higher MMR/scaling) that wasn't OML for the last year+....."

I faced Kaecilius with Phoenix as my only 5* in the only previous runs. Basically had to run her: still bigger health pool than most 4*'s. Basically expected her to die (twice) every single time I ran the boss node.

Yeah, I'm sure it was great having a character that didn't need health packs. Would have been nice for the rest of us. Would have been nice if there was some reasonable way to get him. Is now nice that the competition will include everyone having a closer-to-equal field of how long they can run in events.

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    dayv said:
    ZeroKarma said:

Wait until Boss Rush. It will get worse. And then we will see many of the design flaws in this game, that were survivable due to OML healing, come shining through.

I heard if you say "Boss Rush" three times into a mirror, the devs run it again.

I don't think they're ever going to run this event again. It was kind of an unmitigated disaster. 

I would have had Peggy champed about a month earlier if I had finished it, which I was certainly capable of doing, but I protested it's bad design by not playing it past round 6, where it just got stupid difficult.

If they do run it, I kind of hope they put the unchanged, un-nerfed boss version of OML in just to mess with us. 
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    Boss Rush was hard, but still beatable with a winfinite team.  I do agree that it should be scaled back for next time though.
    Depending on your scaling.  I think it took two match-3s to lose one of the three with my scaling.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments related to the topic presented in the original post. Thank you!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:
    Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetle...

Wait, I'm doing this wrong, aren't I?
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Had only the first time troubles with Kaecilius, but only because I didn't know how he does work.

After it I choose normally high hitpoints characters and always won.