What are your long-term plans for the game?

2»

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in 4* land with 14 champed (all vaulted), 17 fully covered, 15 between 8-12 covers, and 3 with 3-4 covers. All not champed are at least level 150 with 8 at level 215 (except the 3 that only have 3-4 covers, they are 90, 94, and 94). All my 3*s are champed except hawkguy (need a few more covers still). And my 2* farm is up and running. My plan at this point is to hoard cp and lt until I have all my 4*s champed or at max level for the covers I have (Will take a few months, I'm stepping them up so they will be useful throughout this process). Step 1= level 150, step 2= 215, step 3= 250, step 4= champ. It will happen fast once they all are at 250. Not spending my cp until I have 3k, then I'm buying the last 2 phoenix covers I need (been over a year since I pulled one) and the last 2 IM46 covers. I hoping that once I have 3k cp I'll quickly have almost all my 4s champed and 2 5s champed. Then it's back to hoarding until I find something to spend it on, possibly more 5* covers, have Strang5 sitting at 8 covers....
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    New poster here...

Day 933 player
    Not interested in 5*s yet.
    All 4*s are rostered and I have 16 champions.
    All 3*s are championed (just championed Hawkguy yesterday).
    I'm farming 2*s.

My long term goal is to cover and champion all the 4*s. Last season I was able to champion Jean Grey, Luke Cage and Peggy Carter. I also max covered Star Lord and Iceman. I ended up getting cover 13 for both Luke Cage and Peggy Carter on the same pull with because of a Bonus hero. Peggy was first to champion because I had a cover in my queue. I decided to start hoarding LT and CPs after this. I've never hoarded before, I don't know how long I can hold out. I want to not open any Latest or Classics until I champion Star Lord and Iceman and they are a combined 250,000 Iso away from being championed. I just got my 13th Wasp cover from a Heroic token and I want to champion her too. I will try to hoard until I champion all three then open classics until I have another of the latest 12 to champion.

I'm really enjoying 4* game play. I play mostly PvE. There seems to be more strategy involved and fun synergy between different characters as I raise up more and more. I still have weeks like last week when I didn't have a single 4* champion boosted and that's no fun.

Hopefully whenever I get to the 5* tier some of the issues with that tier will be better.

I'm also the least casual player in my casual alliance and I'm pondering an alliance upgrade.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

Day 1200 odd for me. Since vaulting I have changed the way I do things.

I’m currently champing Carol which will be 40/48th 4 star champed.

As I have been hoarding up CP and Ledge tokens I have realised that it is better for me to take all the toons I can to champ status before I pull any tokens.

So for example. I currently have A Venom, J Drew, Riri W all sitting on 12/13 covers. I make sure they are not selected as bonus when they are at this stage. Then I just leave them there till it’s their turn.

When Carol is champed I will pick one of these three. Then I will level them to 250 then use 120 cp to take them to 270. Pay the champ fee then move onto the next.

I’ve kept an eye on the cp levels I have and it is still steadily going up even with the cover purchases I’ve done recently.

When I have done all the toons that I have at 12/13 covers I will then level up the next highest. I’ve got a couple on 10/13 covers at present.

Basically I’m trying to stem the flow of covers that cannot be used. Because I have been playing a long time and because I have all the vaulted toons champed I am able to continue with this method.

I’m slightly winning on the New 4 star turnover front. Being able to champ one in just over a week. So in say 2 months’ time I will be in a position of having a shed load of hoarded ledge tokens 50+ and a nice store of cp. Currently 450 ish. I will be ahead of the 4 star release too,

At that stage I may open them all up and see where it leaves me. As ill hopefully get a few covers that I need. If I don’t then hopefully they will be ok as I would’ve champed them anyway

I’m not ready to go into 5 star land. I think there are 2 ive not even got so far and none fully covered. OML was my most covered and levelled but I’m not using him so much these days as he is squishy now.

Maybe I will continue to hoard at this end state and only open up my tokens when I have a nice amount of iso saved up which I can use to level up / champ the last few toons I have.

A lot of waffle above but that’s what I’m doing.

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Long term plan:  Keep playing.  Nothing better to do really.

I covered Panther/Strange, saving to finish Thanos as well.  Then saving to iso all of them.  Then I'll have new toys which will keep me entertained for a bit. 

Should be caught up on all the new characters in a couple months as well. 

Profit?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta get em all...but live realizing I'll never get all the 5*'s covered much less have the ISO to champ them. That would be for the mega-whales only.

Six months the plan was get some 4*'s nice and high leveled so I could change up the characters I play with. But vaulting made sure that will never happen, so now it's just try to champ all the 4*'s if I ever find the iso to get to the older set.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of the latest, I've got 6 champed, 5 fully covered and Iron Fist on 6 covers. I'm currently rebuilding the 2* farm, so likely to hoard until just before Thanos drops out of Latest, then use it all to see if I can add to my 3/2/3 one. After that, look to get on top of the latest 12, so I'm in a position to keep opening tokens as they come with a view to getting some of the latest (like Carol) 300+. As iso permits, I'll go back and champ vaulted  ones.
    As for 5*, if I reach that stage, I'd rather have a broad bunch to work with than mega hoard to brute 2 or 3. That sounds boring, and 4* land is still fun for me, so no rush.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I'm not making any plans because we see how that goes. I'll play until I don't want to anymore.
  • Evilgenius9
    Evilgenius9 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Like others, I'll stop when I am bored. In the meantime, I have 15 4*'s champed. I have gone back and am working to finish champing all 3*'s (3 left). Otherwise collecting 5*'s without putting iso into them until I have 3 fully covered. My best is oml at 11 covers, phoenic at 9 and then a couple at 5. No rush. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to get all the 4's champed (minus whoever the newest 4 star is at the moment). I wanted to make sure I had every single 3 champed before I moved on to 4s, and I want to do the same with 4s before I even think about trying to get a 5-star fully covered. With the release schedule I realize this is an uphill battle, but once I have enough 4s champed, my clear times will drastically improve to the point that I can reliably expect t10 in PVE, and be able to make full progression in PVP. 

12 Champs at the moment: 

Latest: C4ge, Bl4de, Agent Venom
    Vaulted: 4Cyke, RHulk, Invisible Woman, Peggy, XFDP, Moon Knight, IceMan, X-23, Fury

Fully Covered: 

Latest: Medusa, Wasp, Gwen Pool, Riri, Spider Woman
    Vaulted: Elektra, Kate Bishop, Th4r, PX, Winter Soldier, XFW, Mr. F

12 Covers: 

Kingpin, Cho, Thing, Miles Morales, War Machine

I'll be champing Medusa on 4/20, but outside of that champing order has really just been whatever falls on the vine. They clearly put more of a focus on the latest people. While its nice to be able to save some CP because I can earn these covers through hard work rather than blowing CP, who knows when I'll be getting champ levels on those vaulted folks. Gonna have to rely on PVP progression and random luck with event vaults.