recommend the game to a friend?

Options
13»

Comments

• GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    8 out of 10.

I've been playing for three years and still enjoy it. That says a lot.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only person I can think of to recommend this game to is someone in prison (if they had access to a device). Atleast they have the time.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options

About 6 months ago I gave the game an 8/10. It's fun, champing is a great addition and if you are a Marvel fan, you got some cool characters to work with. Reason I didn't give a 10 was that it's too time sensitive (I prefer to play when I want, not when the game forces met to play) and too time-intesive to make any great progress as well as too many duplicate characters. But still, overall I could really enjoy the game.

Fast forward 6 months later and I rated the game a 2/10. Reasons:

1. Vaulting of older 4* characters without offering a seperate vault for them
    2. Extremely late nerfing of OML with laughable compensation
    3. Persistent bugs that don't get fixed
    4. Not enough new events. Playing Heroic Juggernaut for the 999th time gets really old
    5. A/B testing players by offering different rewards for different prices randomly. Very disrespectful to the player base

Now, going from an 8 to 2 may seem harsh, but the matter of the fact is that all these issues combined and the fact that I rather see a downward trend rather than an upward trend really saps a lot of my enjoyment out of the game, hence the abysmally low score.

During my haydays of MPQ, I didn't turn on my PS4 sometimes for 3-4 days in a row. As a harcore console gamer, that is a gigantic feat by D3/Demiurge! But now I notice that my PS4 is again my main gaming device and I only play MPQ while pooping, waiting or during breaks ... and that basically says it all. It's good as a passtime during those 'lost minutes' but nothing more than that.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love filling out polls.. I wish they'd ask us something else! Or when I talk about their problems, I wish they'd actually fix them :-)

Please find a solution for dupe covers that's not just me selling them or hoping that I'll spend $$, because I won't.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options

Recommending the game is essentially free advertising for D3.  Why would I advertise this game when the creators have in a VERY short amount of time, made decision after decision that have infuriated their player base and have delivered said changes in some pretty awful ways as well.  I get that they are a business and money is important.  It is their company and they can do what they want.  If establishing some goodwill among their player base is not a high priority, than so-be-it.  But am I going to actively advertise for them when this is the case?

No.

This is really it right here. Every change they've made recently has been rookie ways to get more money. Then they have the nerve to ask me if I'm advertising for them? Nah, I like my friends and family too much to direct them to this ship wreck. I've slowed my game play to just when I'm idle. I've got 12 championed 4*s, another 12 ready to champ once I get the ISO, but with how they've managed the game and the community, I don't even make progression every day anymore.