Where did the LOL button go?

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
Seriously, we couldn't even make it any longer than this and already lost the LOL button???

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    Lost the Off Topic button too. I guess too many people were using them as downvotes.  Can't have any negativity on the forum!  There's enough of that in the posts.
    I gave you an "Insightful" because I didn't even notice the Off Topic button missing. Good call on that!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I miss those buttons as well! It's like no matter how big or small the feature, they actively add in bad ones and remove or nerf the good ones  :o
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    I used the "Off-topic" as a downvote.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    It's no laughing matter.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a LOL badge before they disappeared...I hope that doesn't get taken away from me. That makes my account somewhat rare, I guess =)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. We recently had to remove the Off Topic and LOL reactions, since we noticed they were being used to grief other players. 

The intent of the Off Topic button was to give players the power to mark any posts they found were disruptive to a conversation, but we quickly noticed it was used more as a way to down-vote or devalue another player's opinion.
    The intent of the LOL button was to give players an alternate, friendly reaction to comical posts, however we found it was primarily used as a sarcastic, snarky jab towards others.

Due to these reasons, we have decided to remove them from the reaction bar, and leave only Insightful and Like. 
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    You should let us know who was using the LOL button on you Brigby. We would have applauded ...... I mean dealt with them.

No one used the button me, must mean I am not funny or I have no enemies yet.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't have any of our super-awesome all-star champs with bruised feelings now, can we? Everyone who participates wins!