Thank you for releasing a unique classic character

kyo28
kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
I know I'm very vocal about all the bad decisions D3 has made lately (Vaulting older 4*s, nerfing OML, etc) BUT, I have to commend them on one thing:

Thank you for the release of Cloak&Dagger. Not only is this not a copy/paste character where we get the umpteenth version of an existing character in the game, it also is a classic character.

This is something I've been asking about for a long time: more unique characters and more classic characters for us long-time MARVEL readers. And this release fits perfectly into that.

So big thumbs up for that and I hope more such characters are to follow.
If you feel the same and want them to keep releasing such characters, feel free to comment below!

Comments

• Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Ill second that...about time and well done (for once)
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    It'd be even better if placement wasnt so cutthroat and players could actually get them. They sound awesome in theory for sure. Actually using them will be a few more months
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be even better if placement wasnt so cutthroat and players could actually get them. They sound awesome in theory for sure. Actually using them will be a few more months
    One
     of their covers is a progression reward in The Hunt too.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    yes but Cloak and daggers yellow black ap gen indirectly leads to OML's nerf.  Make no mistake,  OML was gonna get the health nerf anyway,  but the C&D release established the deadline of when they had to do it.

Realistically,  the players with champed OMLs are the ones who will be the first to roster C&D.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like Cloak & Dagger. The characters are unique, their moves are unique, the artwork is solid. I'll be honest, I like new characters as much as old, and it's nice to see the variety. I hope they continue drawing from the depth of Marvel's roster for additions to this game.

Though I don't want them explicitly picking characters to cater to specific categories of fans. No offense, but a lot of long-time Marvel comics fans over-estimate the "cool" factor of characters they grew up with. 
  • Phumade
    JHawkInc said:
     No offense, but a lot of long-time Marvel comics fans over-estimate the "cool" factor of characters they grew up with. 
    Thats no surprise.  Fan is code for fanatic.  Every fan always over-estimates their favorite chars
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:

Realistically,  the players with champed OMLs are the ones who will be the first to roster C&D.
    Well, technically I was one of the first to roster C&D, and my OML only has one cover (yellow). Mind you, I was only early to roster them because I play in slice 1. :) 

First to fully cover and/or champ C&D though? - Yeah, that'll be the champed 5* crowd for sure. 
  • Revelr
    Revelr Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    The mechanics of C&D are definitely cool, but if you're missing a cover feels kind of handicapped lol
  • Phumade
    This character was not developed over night.   the C&D OML interaction had to be obvious from the start.  I'm surprised that they didn't try to get this message out to the player so they could have made roster plans.  In all honestly C&D with OML is still pretty OP.  Throw in anothe purple user to tank that color and C&D can hide all day behind 5*.  

It really could have been as simple as saying.  We have a great char coming,  but we need to make adjustments to OML.  We think you guys will still be pleased with how the chars interact, but we know how hard it is to cover 5* so we are giving as much advance notice as possible.

There is no possible way they could have released this char without some nerf to OML.
  • Sykobanana
    Yep, good communication does not exist in the same universe as D3
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, good communication does not exist in the same universe as D3

I Think you are getting D3 and Demiurge mixed up. If Demiurge doesn't tell D3Go what they are up to they cannot communicate even if they want to.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    JHawkInc said:
     No offense, but a lot of long-time Marvel comics fans over-estimate the "cool" factor of characters they grew up with. 
    Thats no surprise.  Fan is code for fanatic.  Every fan always over-estimates their favorite chars
    You mean to say that not everyone is clamoring for Paste-Pot Pete, Gilgamesh the Forgotten One or the rest of the Great Lake Avengers? The GLA is a no-brainer as they can even reuse Mr Fantastic's artwork for Flatman! ;)

Seriously, jay for more classics, but when do we get Black Cat?
  • Sykobanana
    "I Think you are getting D3 and Demiurge mixed up. If Demiurge doesn't tell D3Go what they are up to they cannot communicate even if they want to."
    (Could not figure out how the hell to copy the comment as a whole, so had to copy text)

Maybe I am mixing them up, but that doesnt mean that the communucation is therefore good.  

And for companies involved in this business, communication is nit just important, its essential.  So if a company isnt being told the correct information and therefore are passing on "misinformation" the best thing to do is to is to go back to the source and remedy it so it doesnt happen again (whether its comany A or B where the issue lies, processes need to be sorted).  Sooner rather than later.  

And from what I have observed recently is that there are problems with this.  Whether it be that one oarty is withholding specifics to another or that a party is withholding information from us, the lines of communication are definetly not working as they should be.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    Phumade said:
    JHawkInc said:
    You mean to say that not everyone is clamoring for Paste-Pot Pete, Gilgamesh the Forgotten One or the rest of the Great Lake Avengers? The GLA is a no-brainer as they can even reuse Mr Fantastic's artwork for Flatman! ;)

Not quite THAT off. Black Cat is a solid suggestion, I think. With a few Spidey villains (Kraven or Mysterio or Vulture or whomever), missing X-Men (Angel, Rogue, Nightcrawler, branch out a tad for Cable and Gambit, etc), there are some classic characters that make sense. We could use a Hank Pym.

But then it seems every time we get an All-New All-Different release, someone says "boo pushing new characters from the comics, give us classics like Black Knight!"

And it's like, there are plenty of classic characters that are missing, but I don't think Black Knight is one of them. Certainly not high on the list, at least.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    It looks like a cool character from what I've seen, but I'll be honest, I've never heard of Cloak and Dagger other than people talking about it on this forum. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Phumade said:
    JHawkInc said:

Not quite THAT off. Black Cat is a solid suggestion, I think. With a few Spidey villains (Kraven or Mysterio or Vulture or whomever), missing X-Men (Angel, Rogue, Nightcrawler, branch out a tad for Cable and Gambit, etc), there are some classic characters that make sense. We could use a Hank Pym.

But then it seems every time we get an All-New All-Different release, someone says "boo pushing new characters from the comics, give us classics like Black Knight!"

And it's like, there are plenty of classic characters that are missing, but I don't think Black Knight is one of them. Certainly not high on the list, at least.
    We might get a few Spidey villains, when the new movie comes out.
    Vulture and Shocker have been tipped to appear in it.
    Then again it's a Fox movie, so all bets are off.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Alfje17 said:
    Phumade said:
    JHawkInc said:

We might get a few Spidey villains, when the new movie comes out.
    Vulture and Shocker have been tipped to appear in it.
    Then again it's a Fox movie, so all bets are off.
    It's a Sony movie.  BUT, Marvel & Sony made it together, so good odds there will be a MPQ tie-in.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I'm guessing a five star vulture with the movie. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The rumor I heard is that D3 pays more to Marvel for brand new characters than for an alternate version of a character already in-game.  If that is true, don't waste the energy getting upset about alternate versions.  The financial realities are what they are.