Thanks for the token

Comments

• Tachyon15
    Tachyon15 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Where am I going to get one of those?  It's kind of a turn off that d3 thinks everyone has virgins laying about. 
    Why am I any less deserving? 
  • Tachyon15
    Tachyon15 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I don't have his yellow,  so that's the only thing I can think might be different between me and,  like,  everyone else.  
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    @Tachyon15 I have OML at 4/0/0 and I got a token, so yellow was not required.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Thank you!
    I was a little sad about Carnage's changes actually, but this cheered me up.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    (Offtopic) Wait, @Summer Glau is here??  Okay, I'm staying just a little longer...

It's just not the same without the animated gif signature... 
  • genapp
    genapp Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the token. I pulled Hawkeye red making him 0/1/1. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay surprise token! It is appreciated. I pulled a blue Hawkeye, my first cover for him. I'll be interested to see how the performance compares to my 2/3/3 level 102 Hawkguy. 
    For the record my Old Man Logan is 2/0/2.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Hawkeye. Don't have a lot of covers for him, but it did unlock one of his powers. Always like having them unlocked, even if it's just one cover. 
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017

I got a token.  As others have mentioned, this doesn't "make good" on the need for explanations or really solve any problems, but free is free, and so I thank you.

From today's token I got a Black Panther black cover.  Mine is now 5/2/2, and BP is my 2nd most covered 5* after OML (at 4/4/4).

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Cool-Beans.  A second Purple for Phoenix.

But...

Is she the next to be nerfed? Should I avoid leveling her?  That's the main concern with this OML nerf... no-one is safe, on-one is sacred.
  • Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Why have some of us not received this free token?  
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Partyof5 said:
    I've seen a few people mention this. I wonder if there's a minimum cover level required?

Has anyone with a single Logan cover received one of these tokens?
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Got Black Bolt Yellow. He's now 0/1/1. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Partyof5 said:
    I've seen a few people mention this. I wonder if there's a minimum cover level required?

Has anyone with a single Logan cover received one of these tokens?
    I have just one sad Red OML cover....so useless.  Got the token tho!  Thanos Green.  Thanks!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a yellow Black Panther, I think?
    I dunno...might have been a different colour.

I don't use the 5*s. They aren't exciting at all, they just feel like catching MissingNo. Sure it sounds fun, but it could also ruin everything
  • Splurch
    Splurch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I got a Strange purple cover, so now my Strange is 0/5/1, I have a feeling I'm going to be very sad in the near future.
  • gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    I have a two cover Logan, one rostered roughly a month ago, the other from a pull yesterday (nearing day 500, I've pulled 4 total Logan's, but the first two were in my first 150 days and scaling was TERRIBLE). No token received here. 

Eta: iOS - current with all software and version, force quit, reload, played multiple matches. Still no token. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a PHX champ level. Now 470. My next biggest is OML at 460, but he doesn't count anymore. Surfer at 454 is there 16 levels behind her, so my scaling is even further skewed. 

Wonderful!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    The token certainly isnt bad.  But it's also not nearly enough.  If demi is going to persist with the idiocy of nerfing oml, then they really need to offer compensation comensurate with the change they have made.  

(1) players should be able to extract all iso spent leveling OML, or sell him for full iso refund and 1:1 covers for no more guns tokens.

(2) CS should swap out any unusable 6th cover from a no more guns token, even for classics.

(3) CS should, on a case by case basis, remove iso from other 5* characters wherever a player had only OML + any single other 5* covered and leveled above 400.  This small group of players is getting crushed by scaling/mmr after this nerf, and their only remedy is sell both of their 5*s and set themselves back on 1.5 years of roster progression.

I still think think that the nerf is a mistake, but it might be tolerable if demi offered players an actual opportunity to recover lost value spent on OML.
    I wasn't expecting a third token after selling my 2/0/1 OML (I still have his yellow coming up in my daily drop at some point here, so he will get re-rostered, but I figured I might as well cash in a character I wasn't using and see what it did for other 5s). I got Panther's yellow from that. I'll take it!

As to your points:

1) a ha ha ha no. I mean, look: I agree that nerfing a 5* character is super-lousy precedent. That is not a behavior that's going to incentivize future 5* builds from people who don't yet play at that tier. I have all but OML currently rostered. I've not, to this point, spent any ISO building any of them (except for the brief infusion to get the second sellback token for OML). Main reason: nothing I've heard about play at that tier makes me think "man, that sounds like fun." But even without that? The idea of leveling my Thanos, or Strange, or Panther, in the aftermath of the OML nerf just doesn't sound like a good use of resources. My 5* will be "good enough" as meatshields, and I'll hang out down in the 4* tier instead.

That SAID? people who've been relying on him, either to speed through PVE clears or to save health packs while climbing in PVP, have gotten a benefit from him these past however many weeks or months. The idea that they're now entitled to withdraw all that ISO invested and put it into somebody else is specious. That's true at the 4* tier, and I think it's still true at the 5* tier.

Now, it might be in Demiurge's interest to do that so that people don't feel spooked away from building out their 5*, given the cost to acquire and build these characters. But that's a somewhat different argument.

2) That I'll completely agree with, yep. If someone's so disenchanted with the changes to OML that they're cashing him in for however many additional 5* covers, they should not then find themselves not only having sold their 5* character off, but having done so for unusable covers.

3) That's the tradeoff, isn't it? If you've progressed into 5* land, you aren't being crushed by MMR/scaling because of the changes to OML. You're being crushed by MMR/scaling because you sold off a usable 5* in OML and are left with less than you had before. Yeah, you'd have been in a less favorable position had you kept him, but you'd still have had a leveled/championed 5* to face that scaling/MMR with.

I sympathize, of course; I've been beating the 'scaling needs an overhaul' drum for a long while now. But anybody who finds themselves being crushed in the aftermath either made the mistake of leveling their 5* before they had more than, like, OML + 1 other, or made the mistake of selling off a still-usable character out of pique, knowing that RNG meant the sellback wasn't likely to result in 'oh hey now I have Thanos or Black Bolt covered/leveled, let's do this.'
  • Milamber42
    Milamber42 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    @DFiPL, I agree with what you're saying regarding the ISO... I didn't care about that. What I cared about was the CP spent in levelling OML's yellow power. 720 CP spent on a power that is now less than 60% effective with active team mates. With no active team mates it's absolutely useless. The nerf to yellow power is absolutely farked. Dropping the amount healed I could live with... making it only per live team mate?? That, people, is pure asshattery. His healing is, as others have pointed out, worse than other lower star wolverines...

That 720 CP would have been better invested in chances at a Thanos... until he gets nerfed  :s

I'm left thinking, as you have said, that the idea of spending resources to upgrade a 5* is now foolish. The developers can not be trusted.