Thanks for the token

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I got my fourth Black Panther Red. Appreciated.

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Got a black Thanos, now 4/3/2, gonna start pumping him up soon.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, thank you, got a surfer red that I needed!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I got a Banner Black - my fifth (and I don't have any purple - what good is a Banner who doesn't have anger issues?)

Still, it could have been worse, it could have been a Phx Green or SS Black, both of which I've got 5 in.  I definitely appreciate the gesture.  Honestly, that's a great gesture.

• MrSniggles
    MrSniggles Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Yes.  Thank you for the token!
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, thanx. Every little bit helps
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I got... 2000iso.  How exciting. 
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Blue Silver Surfer brings him up to 4/2/3.  I wonder if he'll be useful along with all my 4 star champs if I level him to 360.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my third Thanos purple.  Didn't expect any compensation so pretty stoked.  Keeping my 3 cover OML, I don't feel like the nerf hit him that hard and 3 covers for one seemed like a bad deal.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII said:
    Blue Silver Surfer brings him up to 4/2/3.  I wonder if he'll be useful along with all my 4 star champs if I level him to 360.
    If you have the Iso to spare, I'd say he will be useful as an alternate character.  He's not top tier, but when they improved him it made him a lot more viable.  It is always awesome to have 5* match damage, too.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
      Tony Foot said:
    Got a black Thanos, now 4/3/2, gonna start pumping him up soon.
    You should he's the next nerf :D

I assume Thanos won't get nerfed at least for another six months. Or tomorrow. One or the other... :
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Appreciated!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a very welcome surprise! I got a Doctor Strange blue. He's now 2/2/0.

Are there no longer character and color specific smilies on the new forum?

• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    A little more red in my ledger
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    My pull would be advised to keep his lips sealed.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't want to be negative, but I hope this token is not the end of the story. There are still many other problems that people have pointed out because of this OML nerf and haven't been addressed.

For examples,
    • the "ubiquitous" criteria. How or why does a character deserve a nerf if a lot of people use it ?
    • 5* scaling and MMR
    • 5* obtaining rate: (This one is, in my opinion, the real reason why neither SS or 5Cap are used that much.)
    • RNG based compensation.
    • Massive buff/nerf vs. gradually tweak
    • etc.

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    I got my first Black Panther cover (Red).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    The token certainly isnt bad.  But it's also not nearly enough.  If demi is going to persist with the idiocy of nerfing oml, then they really need to offer compensation comensurate with the change they have made.  

(1) players should be able to extract all iso spent leveling OML, or sell him for full iso refund and 1:1 covers for no more guns tokens.

(2) CS should swap out any unusable 6th cover from a no more guns token, even for classics.

(3) CS should, on a case by case basis, remove iso from other 5* characters wherever a player had only OML + any single other 5* covered and leveled above 400.  This small group of players is getting crushed by scaling/mmr after this nerf, and their only remedy is sell both of their 5*s and set themselves back on 1.5 years of roster progression.

I still think think that the nerf is a mistake, but it might be tolerable if demi offered players an actual opportunity to recover lost value spent on OML.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I got a Black Bolt Yellow.  Very pleased.

Knowing a 5* was guaranteed from the pull was a new and exciting experience.  Could this be a prototype vault of the future?  

How many CP would you be willing to pay for a pull if they offered purchases from the No More Guns Store?

I'd think that somewhere around 150-250 CP would be a fair range when compared to Legendary Tokens.

1 out of 7 is the odds of getting a 5* out of Legendary Tokens.  7 pulls from Classic Legends would cost 140 CP, but would not guarantee a 5*, but you would also get 4*s.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Got a dupe cover. So eh thanks for the 2k iso