Who Quit? Post Your Pictures Here

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
There has been tons of talk about quitting due to the recent changes.  I have seen evidence from some of my LINE chats that long-time vets have deleted the app.

While I am not one of them, I am definitely heading towards more casual play now and have already transitioned away from VIP.

That being said, let's show d3/demi just how upset we are.  There are two ways.

1) Leave negative feedback through whatever platform you are running the game on.
2) Post your comment or picture of deleting the app below.

Please keep it civil.  This is thread is not meant for ranting, but for a visual representation of the scale of our discontent.

Comments

• Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Well I uninstalled a little while after the bonus hero vault thing - just before they announced the new off-season heroics thing. I just got an increasing amount of dupes I had to sell from CP pulls, and not into the whole hoarding thing.  Not angry grrrah how dare they quit, more this has become the most pointless grind-fest there ever was as I am not getting any rewards or progress -  screw it I'm going to do some work instead quit. 

Didn't take a picture of it, sorry.  

Do have this though if it helps? 

• Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I really like you font :)
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Maybe 2 people did...everyone likes to talk a big game, but lets be real. they aren't quitting.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    In my alliance 2 quits by now.........
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I quit my alliance and I'm just doing DDQ each day to scratch the itch. Probably going to stop doing even that when I hit the 25 CP tomorrow
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Had 1 quit the ally and a good portion decide they wanted to go casual
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    nyck1118 said:
    Maybe 2 people did...everyone likes to talk a big game, but lets be real. they aren't quitting.
    If I had quit, I doubt I would still be browsing the forums enough to post on a topic like this.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    If you have quit and are looking for some 3-match action Gems of War is pretty decent. It's infinite Interactive too, so plays a lot more like the original Puzzle Quests.  

It's surprising how different it is comparatively.

Story missions unlock mini-games :-
    Arena choose 4 3 characters from a selection and beat 8 missions without dying for rewards,
    Challenge maps that escalate in difficulty with each clear.
    Each Story area unlocks an Epic Card and new class for your hero to play. 
    You also invest in the story areas to unlock skills, regular gold income, and mana bonus for you hero.  
    You also find random treasure maps to match for gold and treasure.  
    All cards can be upgraded to the highest tier too, with a lot of time and play. 
    You can the difficulty of matches for bonus rewards 

The best bit is the PVP.  They have separated rewards into defensive and attack PVP.   It even allows you to set your defensive team.  If you successfully defend an attack you win rewards on different progression line, whilst if you lose you can retaliate for points on this separate  progression line.  And if you lose, you don't lose any points - you are give gold, souls to invest in the level of cards, and a the lowest key to unlock more cards. 

Getting hammered for having a cake roster could actually be a good thing.. It's really sad how shocked and happy that made me. What are you doing I lost and you're giving me stuff... ? If they did something similar here it really take some of the sting out of being mauled around the 900 spot.

But it does also have its drawbacks.  It is less competitive because of the lack of losing points and to get near the top needs a lot of play/pvping. So most probably wouldn't appeal to the high climbers.  I find the lack of losing points thing a little boring. Part of the charm of MPQ is the dealing with the hits and stuff. Makes it more challenging and exciting somehow. 

Team building is kind of fun too, as the cards interact for bonus, and have moves that interact and escalate damage/defence depending on race and class. You get banners too that play into the bonus.  The trade off is the cards only have one active power. 

The alliances are interesting too - you generate alliance rewards through trophies and can get them from every avenue of play.  Meaning you are not forced to play anything you don't want to. You can just play the main story and get them. And it's pretty much picked up and play whenever you want as well - no daily timed resets.  You can invest resources in them for bonuses too.  

Well worth a gander if it was the match-3 or Puzzle Quest element that attracted you. If it's the Marvel thing former MPQ players are still loving Future Fight. Hate it myself. 

And yeah, the doing work thing didn't last long.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gems of war is quite solid.  Basically original puzzle quest made freemium.  My biggest complaint relative to mpq is lack of complex team building. Each troop only has a single ability, so you never have more than 4 powers in a match (some fueled by multiple colors).  Mpq lets you bring skills, which makes it a bit more tactically varied.  

Gems of war doesnt have pricing as aggressive as mpq, though, so there are some real advantages.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Most people who quit will just leave it behind, i'm a little amazed there's so many replies to this ;)
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    xcience said:
    Most people who quit will just leave it behind, i'm a little amazed there's so many replies to this ;)
    its cause we generally are heartbroken that our efforts we put not only in the game but also in the community were destroyed. New players need to know that for their efforts they will only be overlooked. Any reward you may achieve or help to achieve with a purchase hold no value. 
    Yeah, this is why I just dropped in.  I've been on the forum for over 3 years, joined not long after I started playing.  It's actually harder saying goodbye to this place tbh.

As for the game, I've stopped completely and I'm enjoying getting a big chunk of my time back.  Once you get off the hamster wheel, you really do notice just how much of your life it occupied.

And just for the record, I've quit because I cant support Demi anymore.  Even just playing the game would make me feel dirty, I have no respect for them.  I know that OML is still kinda usable, but that's really not the point.  They said they wouldn't do this, ever.  They let people believe that investment in the character would be honoured, that 5*s were sacrosanct...and they were lying.  That's not a business I want dealings with as a customer.

I understand the people that don't care, I understand the people that do care but are staying, I can see all points of view.  This is just the stand I've decided to take.  It's a shame, because I love the core mechanics, the IP, and the community...but I'm done.  

Take it easy ya'll, it's been swell.
    Where's the sad face button instead of the LOL one? I haven't been doing this as long as these players but that sure sums up how I feel. I didn't quit, and won't, but I've spent money and time and feel bad for anyone else who has thinking this was something better than what it is.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I've gone casual. I refuse to have this game drive my time any longer, and I will not pay another $ to them.I have plenty of RL stuff to occupy my time, and hobbies and music I could be doing instead. I'll play an event if I feel like it. I'm sure I'll fade from that level of play also.

I actually still enjoy the mechanics and game play, but won't support the company any longer, based on their treatment of their players. Probably the only reason I'm playing at all is the Line community and the people I've met. They've been tremendous.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've quit 3 times in the past, but I'm still here now.  The reason I quit in the past is not due to changes in the game, but the time consumption of the game.  I like this game, but noticeable progression requires at least 2 hrs a day, which is a huge chunk of time!  I usually spend about 3 hrs a day, which is ridiculous considering the many other responsibilities that I have. 

I don't freak out or whine about game changes.  I try to understand them, then accept them, then incorporate the change into my overall strategy of playing.  If I don't like playing, then I can always quit.