petition to nerf red hulk

2»

Comments

• Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    And I hope you are a game dev yourself, because you enter an arguing battle you will loose if not.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's definitely going to win a spelling contest, though. 
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm teasing you, man. Take it easy.

You are right, though. A whole hell of a lot of internet denizens are not up to my standards of accuracy. Shame.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Haha, sorry I sound always harsher than intended. The fact it is not my native language does not help... The "you're your" ref was a tentative to make it funny... This is probably one of the mistake I spot the most, that and "their there"!!!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I'll take anyone who adds an extra o over someone who cant tell the difference between your and you're. Proper winds me up that does. How is anyone that stupid to not understand what you're is short for? 

As for nerfing Red Hulk? No. 
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Cannot see them nerfing Rulk. He like thanos, bolt etc consume health packs to play with or against rather than save them like oml. Anyway nerfs are not the way. Counters are much more constructive way forward.

For a while when prof x came out there was a profusion of kneejerk reaction threads demanding old shiny be nerfed. " please nerf prof x before he destroys the game" was one title which always stuck in my head. They release 4* teen and instantly it stopped. No anger or rage on the forums about it. Kinda suprising why they have veered away from this phiosophy. 
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    jredd said:
    he's boosted. destroying my whole team, including oml, who's healing can no longer keep up. and everyone is using him.

that's all it takes right?
    To be fair, he is generally only boosted during off season events.

Some solutions:

Peggy to delay purple
    Your own Rhulk to hoard purple and keep him off green
    Stunlock him with all the different stun options in the game
    AP denial / steal to starve him out

Rhulk is really a one trick pony, and can be managed.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Dimh said:
    jredd said:
    he's boosted. destroying my whole team, including oml, who's healing can no longer keep up. and everyone is using him.

that's all it takes right?
    To be fair, he is generally only boosted during off season events.

Some solutions:

Peggy to delay purple
    Your own Rhulk to hoard purple and keep him off green
    Stunlock him with all the different stun options in the game
    AP denial / steal to starve him out

Rhulk is really a one trick pony, and can be managed.
    This was more or less how I dealt with him in Nefarious Foes:
    Team of OML + Peggie + IM40

Peggie Yellow to stall his Purple or Green
    IM40 Yellow to get lots of Red/Blue
    Peggie Blue to stun Red Hulk, which should happen before they get enough Purple or Green.
    Go bonkers on him while he's stunned, smack him with Peggie Red, and make sure he's the target when Peggie's Blue Countdown tiles go off.
    If possible, get an OML Black off before her Blue Countdown tiles pop.

All of this assumes one has a champed Peggie though.  OML isn't even needed really.
    But this only highlights how bad the vaulting change is, as now that Peggie is vaulted, the best stunners are not accessible.  Iceman, also a wonderful anti Red Hulk choice, is stuck in the vault as well.
    Vaulting really limits the options players in the 4 Star transition have.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    mr_X said:
    Cannot see them nerfing Rulk. He like thanos, bolt etc consume health packs to play with or against rather than save them like oml. Anyway nerfs are not the way. Counters are much more constructive way forward.

For a while when prof x came out there was a profusion of kneejerk reaction threads demanding old shiny be nerfed. " please nerf prof x before he destroys the game" was one title which always stuck in my head. They release 4* teen and instantly it stopped. No anger or rage on the forums about it. Kinda suprising why they have veered away from this phiosophy. 
    Interesting. If they released a 4* that stopped healing or prevented/inhibited/stopped transformations to secondary skills  through some-kind of power would you actually use it against healers / 5* transformers? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Blergh- they already did, her name is Kate Bishop.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I thought everyone fought Rulk with a stun char like iceman? It really trivializes him 

If spider gwen  and iceman can lock down a team of three for a whole match
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Red Hulk is decent character and i dont see a single reason to nerf him.
    Every boosted 4* is a pain in PvP - even my OML has problems with them :D
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    veny said:
    Red Hulk is decent character and i dont see a single reason to nerf him.
    Every boosted 4* is a pain in PvP - even my OML has problems with them :D
    Too soon?  >:)
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of crying for the nerf bat, put forth a team that can beat him. Plenty of team combinations can do it.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Nerf Rulk eh.. No. Please No.

Fix Oml and poor Carnage more like. Really a bit unsure why did that to Carnage.

They really cut his of his tentacles. Poor guy.