OML Comp Tokens and Cover swaps

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
As brigby helpfully clarified earlier tonight, if you get an OML comp token and pull a latest legend character, CS will swap out dupes as per the current policy. 

But if you pull a classic dupe, you are screwed.  This is a terrible policy.  these tokens only exist as compensation for demi's decision to retroactively nerf a player's very substantial investment in OML.  Not only is the sale price much lower than the initial investment, you can also get [wow, is there no language filter?] by RNG if you pull a useless classic cover. 

Enough is enough demi.  When you make a change, stop offering $.50 on the dollar as a not so subtle attempt to make us keep our nerfed character.  Just let us extract the iso we have already spent on the character! 

Comments

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    The "compensation" they are offering isn't just inadequate, it is insulting.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Compensation should have been offered on a 1:1 basis. Not that apalling 70% reduction in value that they are offering. 

The nerf plus lack of compensation just tells people "don't ever roster 5*" the whole community is being punished (twice) for chasing and using a character which they told us too. You were happy taking people money d3 in order to use and chase oml but you're not happy giving that money back after you render him useless? 

Anyone who spent to acquire for oml should be requesting their credit card company or bank claims the money back under the reasoning of fraudulent transactions or mis sale of goods. I imagine you'll be successful 
    can't ask for a refund cause CP is bonus currency not a direct buy like hero points.  that is why they changed it to CP cause last big nerf everyone asked for their hero points purchases back from their credit card company.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Wow. Just learned about non cover swap if you draw classics. This is so incredibly broken. Complete and utter scandal that technically you can dismantle your oml which took so much time, money and frustration to build potentially you could end up with a handfull of dupe covers. They can not even suspend their arbitrary differentiation bewteen latest and classic in this sorry situation.

Shame on you d3.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I feel the exact same way as all others. Trade in my 12-cover OML for a bunch of 2000-iso dupe covers??? No way in heck.

Not to mention that fact that it was one year (2 years?) of blood, sweat and tears to get to this 12-cover OML. Endless high scoring on PVE and PVP for just a chance at a dupe cover. Win a useful cover every 4-5 months after simply spinning my wheels, champing 4* after 4* because I had nothing else to do.

And now you tell me that all that work was completely useless because I didn't also luck into winning viable SS and C5p?????

>:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:) 
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Compensation should have been offered on a 1:1 basis. Not that apalling 70% reduction in value that they are offering. 

The nerf plus lack of compensation just tells people "don't ever roster 5*" the whole community is being punished (twice) for chasing and using a character which they told us too. You were happy taking people money d3 in order to use and chase oml but you're not happy giving that money back after you render him useless? 

Anyone who spent to acquire for oml should be requesting their credit card company or bank claims the money back under the reasoning of fraudulent transactions or mis sale of goods. I imagine you'll be successful 
    can't ask for a refund cause CP is bonus currency not a direct buy like hero points.  that is why they changed it to CP cause last big nerf everyone asked for their hero points purchases back from their credit card company.
    If I recall, asking  for, and getting, a refund can also result in being sandboxed as their terms of service allow them to make changes to the game (standard for every game company) however and whenever they wish.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    If you get a refund why would you care if you got sandboxed? 
  • JamieMadrox
    nwman said:
    If you get a refund why would you care if you got sandboxed? 
    Some people will continue to play even after a refund.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    If I ask for money refund is to stop playing. I want them to refund my iso I invested in OML thinking he would be used for X function. If they refuse to refund me, I will stop putting money in the game and ask for refund.

I'm not a stupid addict, I quit the game already in the past for 8 month, 8 month they did not receive money from me, I got back because Champion feature looked good, I put money in the game during the 8 month I was back. I have no problem quitting again and go put my money somewhere else.
  • JamieMadrox
    FWIW, when XFW was heavily (more so than OML) changed we were offered the following:

1. Sell him and keep the ISO & HP
    2. CS topped up the ISO to what you invested in it
    3. CS sent you the covers you had in him back as individual covers to rebuild him as you wish (now moot if champed)
    I don't think it's unreasonable to have 1 & 2 be the case for this change to OML along with the token compensation.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a 6th cover of a red, so I rostered it and then sold it. Used my token and got a hawkeye blue instead. So at least I got some use out of it. Now I know if I pull more OML reds or blacks, I can exchange them. If only I could do this every time I pulled a useless dupe token. I'd much rather exchange it for another 5* instead of just selling it for 2000 ISO.
  • killerkoala
    nerf bat a swinging,  where is the vault?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    I'm just sad. I teach my son every day to be a good person. "Do into others as you would have them do unto you"...and what makes me sad is that sooner or later he'll realize the world is full of D3 type people. I just hope it doesn't harden him and he continues to be good to everyone, instead of the typical "if you can't beat em, join em" in this world.
  • killerkoala
    "into"?    that some kinky stuff ur teaching ur boy, jk.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    "into"?    that some kinky stuff ur teaching ur boy, jk.
    Lmao...where is the edit button when I need it!
    Fixed now, thanks for the heads up!
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    The compensation sucks it does not value the time,money and luck most people have put into covering him for over a year. They argue that we play him to much and do not use the other 5 stars that have been around alot less. But now you want us to gamble away our sure thing for a chance at random reward. I understand we can not get same amount of iso or covers back, but atleast let us use this tokens to level up skills we have already discovers in other 5 stars. And if you think that it dont affect you because you don't have OML well think again because they can do it again.
  • frymanman
    frymanman Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I agree, the compensation isn't proportional to any of the time or iso invested. Being one of the only two partially viable 5* characters I had I stupidly bit on the refund and almost immediately regretted it. I thought, hey, maybe this will help me jump-start my other 5* a bit since they're all spread out and mostly unusable at this point. A couple covers in some of them would at least make them playable. But of course one of the covers I got was a dupe of the only 5* cover i had at 5 levels and since it is a classic (Phoenix), and she is at 11 covers it is going to go to waste since they won't swap it. The iso I got in return isn't even enough to level another 5* up to a decent level.