Villain Lightning Rounds Apr 22 - Apr 24

Options

Comments

• Anyone else seeing a lack of seed teams this time around?

I got into the last two LRs within the first 10 minutes and I've yet to see a single seed team like WannaBSkrull.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Anyone else seeing a lack of seed teams this time around?

I got into the last two LRs within the first 10 minutes and I've yet to see a single seed team like WannaBSkrull.

Sometimes, it literally has to be the first minute or two. There's also a rumor mmr affect it. I always aim to open it in the first ten seconds, to be honest.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

No, but once the seed teams dried up, it launched straight into fellow crazies, without the usual easy prey inbetween.
    So either the whole forum is so tanked that we made it to Australia, or there's been some change to MMR again.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    really? is it really work bringing up weak teams while older more experiance teams kick your butts? I should try this.... I usually wind up in the final rank anyway xD
    The key is to open the LR right as it starts. Some seed teams are 2/2/23, others are in the 20/20/23 range, and there are couple of high-level ones. Seed teams will have 0 points.

Unless you have a solid 2* team, your goal in LRs should be to simply farm Iso and get a couple of recruit tokens for progression. I think Top 50 would be extremely unlikely for a 1* team, though Top 100 might be doable.
  • Since prizes are messed up now I wish they would do away with the forced character. Just let us use any buffed guy in middle in any round and go for it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Okay. So what's the best method for tanking? Play the event and get up around 100 points or whatever, then put in a week team? Or just play a game with a weak team?

Usually save the easiest seed team that comes up, fight the rest of the seed teams (plus, if you feel like, real opponents, but that dramatically increases the odds you get attacked and overwrite the seed team you saved) to get to wherever you want (the higher the better), then fight that easiest seed team you set aside with the loaner plus 2 weak characters (I use Bagman and Yelena).
    It's worth losing the 30 ISO bonus to bring up one of the 2/2/23 seed teams

really? is it really work bringing up weak teams while older more experiance teams kick your butts? I should try this.... I usually wind up in the final rank anyway xD
    No, I meant for tanking purposes. It's much easier to put a lvl 6 character and bagman in when you can down the other 2 characters with just match damage. I've wiped before trying to put unleveled characters in before when it took so long that the level 20 IM35 got off his red or blue
  • I'll try this in an upcoming LR. I went into one, but it was late and I was just finding 20/20/23 teams. So I'll just do a bunch of games with the weak teams at the beginning, then do one with my own weak team to hopefully get attacked.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

Sometimes, it literally has to be the first minute or two. There's also a rumor mmr affect it. I always aim to open it in the first ten seconds, to be honest.

Follow-up: I got them for The Hood's LR when it opened.
  • Spoit
    Options
    But yeah, with the nerf to the character buffs, I'm not seeing any use at all for bagnarock. At a bit under 2k, his red was okay against unbuffed enemies, but at 1.3k it's almost as much of a joke as his green. He doesn't even have decent tile matching damage
  • Seemed to have fixed the seed team issues we had last week where multiple rounds in a row you could only queue the mid level teams and battle angel. Got the full gambit in every round so far.
  • Spoit
    Options
    They added gambit? icon_lol.gif
  • I just hit 500 fighting nothing but seed and tank teams.

I remember when the Rag round used to be competitive.

EDIT: Current #1 hit me to take top spot. I'm not sure he understands how this is going to work...
  • Ghast wrote:
    I just hit 500 fighting nothing but seed and tank teams.

I remember when the Rag round used to be competitive.

EDIT: Current #1 hit me to take top spot. I'm not sure he understands how this is going to work...

Nice, that was the only round so far today that didn't take me to 250 with seed/tank teams.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Honestly, I've been so lazy with these rounds that I haven't even bothered going to 250. Just until the seed teams run out, which for me is about 170ish
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    lol Emeryt thanks for giving me points, I appreciate it. I take whatever tokens I can, 2 usable covers a week (my record with the nerfed tokens so far) and a bunch of ISO is still better than nothing.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    Placeholder.

Is it possible to have the first post updated to show the relevant event info?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The obligatory weekly question:

did anyone get anything nice from Diabolical tokens? No luck here so far.

Edit: I did get a needed final blue Doom from the very first standard token in the very first LR of the week which was, fittingly enough, the Doom round.
  • gamar wrote:
    Got my 250 points, put in a tank team, and was attacked only once during the entire hour and fifteen minutes the tank team was in. Worst tank record I've ever seen in an LR icon_e_sad.gif
    LOL. Mine was worse. Got my 150 points, put a tank team and won a match. Beat that if you can. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • @Ghast Why are you losing to me on purpose xD
  • gobstopper wrote:
    @Ghast Why are you losing to me on purpose xD

I have worked myself into a nice ISO-churning MMR bubble in the Lightning Rounds. When I see a forumer with a tank team, I beat it. When I see a forumer with a team that means business, I go in with scrubs and the loaner and then I immediately retreat. Doing this constantly ensures that I see almost nothing but people I know on their way up the leaderboard or people I know tanking their way back down. If you are playing a tank team and I lose to you somehow, it is because the queue has matched me with the regular team you used climbing to 100 or 250.

Basically, I am fighting unlimited seed teams.

I took C. mags from 117 to 141 yesterday.