Villain Lightning Rounds Apr 22 - Apr 24

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Placeholder.

Comments

• It should really be name Tanking Lightning Rounds.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    It should really be name Tanking Lightning Rounds.

"Tanking"and "Lightning Rounds" are redundant.
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess it is time to put some iso in my villains instead of just my mains.
  • Not even sure if tanking is needed anymore, these last 2 pvp's were really weird. Finding s* teams with high points as well as the normal heavy weights.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Not even sure if tanking is needed anymore, these last 2 pvp's were really weird. Finding s* teams with high points as well as the normal heavy weights.

True. I was tanking hard in shield training while playing smash it and it was the same experience as zero tanking in the last hot shots. I could be wrong, but I don't think tanking has any effect anymore.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Remember when Lightning Round topics had 5 pages, full with war stories, heated debates and drama? I think from now on we won't even need a topic for them anymore...

R.I.P. Lightning Rounds.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Remember when Lightning Round topics had 5 pages, full with war stories, heated debates and drama? I think from now on we won't even need a topic for them anymore...

R.I.P. Lightning Rounds.

From now on it will be a poll topic

"Lightning Rounds: Who did you get in your Diabolical/Courageous token?"

-Bagman
    -Bullseye
    -Mawkeye
    -A 3* I didn't need
    -Another Bagman
  • More likely, it will be a lot of "Finished the seed teams and put my tank team in. Feel free to attack me."
  • Tharos
    Tharos Posts: 129
    Options
    As a full 2* mid-level player, I am happy with these "new" LR: without being attacked a single time, I went up to top 100 (or top 50, the tier where there is two heroic tokens).
    Got one bagman, and a 4* wolvie!

But yes, I suppose that as my roster get better (read: have more 3*), the LR won't be worth the time.
    It's a really strange change: first they nerf the pvp rewards to make the 2*->3* transition more difficult. Then, they nerf LF to make this transition easier, thus making the "3*->more 3*" transition more difficult.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    More likely, it will be a lot of "Finished the seed teams and put my tank team in. Feel free to attack me."

The new scoring will be how much ISO you can squeeze out before running out of seed teams.

"WAH-HOO! made 1480 ISO, counting the sale of the token and bonus placement award ! How much ISO did you get?"
  • I just got classic magneto from winning a heroic recruit token from the hunt. Can't wait till the round with him. hopefully he's useful to me xD i got his red cover o-o
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Tharos wrote:
    As a full 2* mid-level player, I am happy with these "new" LR: without being attacked a single time, I went up to top 100 (or top 50, the tier where there is two heroic tokens).
    Got one bagman, and a 4* wolvie!

But yes, I suppose that as my roster get better (read: have more 3*), the LR won't be worth the time.
    It's a really strange change: first they nerf the pvp rewards to make the 2*->3* transition more difficult. Then, they nerf LF to make this transition easier, thus making the "3*->more 3*" transition more difficult.
    I don't think the token nerf actually makes the 2*->3* transition easier. It may, in some way, make the 1*->2* transition easier, but drastically lower 3* probability is still lower 3* probability. There are barely any people in the 2*->3* transition who are well-served by the token nerf, because while Top 50 placement may be easier now, you're still getting 3* covers as a much slower rate than before, when you could sometimes get Top 25 for a guaranteed 3*.
  • T-REZ5000 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    Not even sure if tanking is needed anymore, these last 2 pvp's were really weird. Finding s* teams with high points as well as the normal heavy weights.

True. I was tanking hard in shield training while playing smash it and it was the same experience as zero tanking in the last hot shots. I could be wrong, but I don't think tanking has any effect anymore.

Got my 250 points, put in a tank team, and was attacked only once during the entire hour and fifteen minutes the tank team was in. Worst tank record I've ever seen in an LR icon_e_sad.gif
  • gamar wrote:
    Got my 250 points, put in a tank team, and was attacked only once during the entire hour and fifteen minutes the tank team was in. Worst tank record I've ever seen in an LR icon_e_sad.gif

Odd, I got hit my normal amount, who was your tank team?
  • gamar wrote:

Odd, I got hit my normal amount, who was your tank team?

Loaner Doom, lvl 15 DD, level 15 2* Cap. Maybe it was just an outlier
  • Okay. So what's the best method for tanking? Play the event and get up around 100 points or whatever, then put in a week team? Or just play a game with a weak team?
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    Okay. So what's the best method for tanking? Play the event and get up around 100 points or whatever, then put in a week team? Or just play a game with a weak team?

Usually save the easiest seed team that comes up, fight the rest of the seed teams (plus, if you feel like, real opponents, but that dramatically increases the odds you get attacked and overwrite the seed team you saved) to get to wherever you want (the higher the better), then fight that easiest seed team you set aside with the loaner plus 2 weak characters (I use Bagman and Yelena).
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    Okay. So what's the best method for tanking? Play the event and get up around 100 points or whatever, then put in a week team? Or just play a game with a weak team?

I like to beat on seed/tank teams until I see "real" teams on all but one of my nodes then beat that node with a tank team. It usually takes less than 10 minutes and you get a standard token and some iso, and it's (maybe????) more likely people will see and hit your tank team if it has three digits of points
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

Usually save the easiest seed team that comes up, fight the rest of the seed teams (plus, if you feel like, real opponents, but that dramatically increases the odds you get attacked and overwrite the seed team you saved) to get to wherever you want (the higher the better), then fight that easiest seed team you set aside with the loaner plus 2 weak characters (I use Bagman and Yelena).
    It's worth losing the 30 ISO bonus to bring up one of the 2/2/23 seed teams
  • Spoit wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:

It's worth losing the 30 ISO bonus to bring up one of the 2/2/23 seed teams

really? is it really work bringing up weak teams while older more experiance teams kick your butts? I should try this.... I usually wind up in the final rank anyway xD