MPQ at Marvel.com: Cloak and Dagger

2»

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock wrote:
    At the start of the turn, if there are Black tiles on the board, this ability creates a Red Attack tile.

Isn't it extremely rare to have a color not on the board at all, even after a power is fired with the ability to remove all tiles of a particular color from the board? Should this read "if there are special Black tiles on the board"? I don't know. Just seems like an odd qualifier.

Pretty cool that you can switch between the two. That opens up many possibilities.

I was confused, too. Maybe it means that if there's a certain number of those tiles on the board, and since that number would probably change with increased covers, they didn't say how many it would take?

I guess we'll know for sure on the 6th.

I don't know why I didn't think of that. That makes sense.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I figured that Cloak and Dagger would be in the works given the upcoming TV series. I like (and might be the only one) shifting powers with Vision, so the character swapping powers here sound like they'll be fun.
    I was confused, too. Maybe it means that if there's a certain number of those tiles on the board, and since that number would probably change with increased covers, they didn't say how many it would take?

This is how I interpreted the interview. It would basically be the same as the 3* Blade or Hood passives.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Problem is that Runaways have Molly Hayes, who is a mutant (and possibly the most popular character). Otherwise I'd almost think that C&D being brought in would signal some potential for the Runaways, since they're a significant presence in the Runaways story.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Hendross wrote:
    Could that be worded any more confusing. Just gunna wait to play them and see how it works.

So the second character, not in front, generates 3 AP, if you have a minimum of 8 and the front character swaps to the rear for 3 turns during the first turn, unless you're stunned. Got it.?

#SaveOML

Nope!

They have 3 colors:
    > Yellow
    > Black
    > Purple

Dagger has an active yellow: pay n to deal damage and remove enemy tiles - if there are none, deal damage to enemy team instead.

Cloak has a passive yellow (which is Dagger working in the background), that works like Blade's hunger:
    > If there are n or more yellow tiles on board, heal Cloak & Dagger.
    > Otherwise, turn n tiles yellow.

Dagger has a passive black (which is Cloak working in the background), that works like Blade's hunger:
    > If there are n or more (13 at 1 cover) black tiles on board, create a red attack tile.
    > Otherwise, turn n tiles black (2 at 1 cover).

Cloak has an active black: pay 8 to create a countdown that lowers enemy power levels.
    + At 2 covers it is a 4 turn countdown reducing 1 enemy's power levels by 2.
    + At 3 covers it is a 5 turn countdown reducing 1 enemy's power levels by 3.

Both characters have a 6 cost purple that deals damage and switches characters - seemingly reduced to a minimum of 3 by there being lots of black on the board (regardless of which character is in front).

Basically the gimmick is Vision + Blade, with an exciting new debuff effect. icon_e_geek.gif
  • patrice789
    patrice789 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Problem is that Runaways have Molly Hayes, who is a mutant (and possibly the most popular character). Otherwise I'd almost think that C&D being brought in would signal some potential for the Runaways, since they're a significant presence in the Runaways story.

That and well the Runaways are also getting a show next year as well. If I were to guess, Nico Minoru is the popular one and her Staff of One could work similar powers like Hawkeye's Full Quiver move.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 89 Match Maker
    They look like a really interesting duo!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheVulture wrote:
    Hendross wrote:
    Could that be worded any more confusing. Just gunna wait to play them and see how it works.

So the second character, not in front, generates 3 AP, if you have a minimum of 8 and the front character swaps to the rear for 3 turns during the first turn, unless you're stunned. Got it.?

#SaveOML

Nope!

They have 3 colors:
    > Yellow
    > Black
    > Purple

Dagger has an active yellow: pay n to deal damage and remove enemy tiles - if there are none, deal damage to enemy team instead.

Cloak has a passive yellow (which is Dagger working in the background), that works like Blade's hunger:
    > If there are n or more yellow tiles on board, heal Cloak & Dagger.
    > Otherwise, turn n tiles yellow.

Dagger has a passive black (which is Cloak working in the background), that works like Blade's hunger:
    > If there are n or more (13 at 1 cover) black tiles on board, create a red attack tile.
    > Otherwise, turn n tiles black (2 at 1 cover).

Cloak has an active black: pay 8 to create a countdown that lowers enemy power levels.
    + At 2 covers it is a 4 turn countdown reducing 1 enemy's power levels by 2.
    + At 3 covers it is a 5 turn countdown reducing 1 enemy's power levels by 3.

Both characters have a 6 cost purple that deals damage and switches characters - seemingly reduced to a minimum of 3 by there being lots of black on the board (regardless of which character is in front).

Basically the gimmick is Vision + Blade, with an exciting new debuff effect. icon_e_geek.gif

Eh I'd say other form based characters, Vision is bad because his are tied to single countdowns that just changes structure that overwrite each other. So the Ai Stance dancing can entirely rid him of any utility. These two however can be used with carnage/ medusa/ coulson and still actually do other things, while dealing immediate damage with their stance switch.

The Ai can't stop itself from taking advantage of passives, so even if they stance dance, they'll still be dismissive and the debuff is technically just a reverse of Black Bolts Yellow but it can be matched away, because no one below 5 has a tile that can't be matched away IIRC.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Some would call them a dynamic duo
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    What I'm getting from the forums right now is just excitement and enthusiasm for this new character, in no way overshadowed by unwelcome changes to much-loved current heroes or dramatic recent changes to how characters are obtained.

That's what you want from a new release, an engaged user-base that is eagerly waiting for each new surprise from the developers!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I absolutely love these guys. Shame they've been announced at the same time as a nerf that's left me wondering whether or not I'll be playing anymore.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since it's two characters in one with switching, does that also mean two separate health? Like how 5* hulk has separate health for bruce/hulk.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I seriously hope that all the posts, tickets, and emails to CS get someone to listen.  Changing a character oknbad metrics is horrible.  Just horrible
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Pongie said:
    Since it's two characters in one with switching, does that also mean two separate health? Like how 5* hulk has separate health for bruce/hulk.
    Although that would make sense, I didn't see anything to indicate that will happen.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another character that highlights the need for an in-game ability switch button.

It's frustrating seeing "If X happens, this move switches out the other moves for entirely new ones" and no way of knowing what the heck those moves *are*.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ironic the new 4* is Cloak and Dagger after the OML and Carnage nerfs, how apropos.