MPQ at Marvel.com: Cloak and Dagger

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

The dynamic duo of Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen, known in super hero circles as Cloak and Dagger, bring both crippling darkness and purifying light to the villains of New York City’s seedy streets.
Find out more about 4-Star Cloak and Dagger here: https://news.marvel.com/games/62535/pie ... ak-dagger/

Comments

• Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Could that be worded any more confusing. Just gunna wait to play them and see how it works.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm excited for these two, and their gameplay seems unique.

And while older characters aren't quite where they need to be, this is a great example of one of the bright sides of vaulting. I can actually see them being covered an usable before the years through.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the start of the turn, if there are Black tiles on the board, this ability creates a Red Attack tile.

Isn't it extremely rare to have a color not on the board at all, even after a power is fired with the ability to remove all tiles of a particular color from the board? Should this read "if there are special Black tiles on the board"? I don't know. Just seems like an odd qualifier.

Pretty cool that you can switch between the two. That opens up many possibilities.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Did you read the part about how you will be able to see their unlisted powers when viewing them and that they are going to start doing this for more players? Maybe it's just me, but I will heartily welcome that change.
  • GurlBYE
    Could that be worded any more confusing. Just gunna wait to play them and see how it works.

One ability swaps from cloak to dagger
    and both powers change based on who's in front.

Think OML/ Phoenix/ Hulk but in one character with the power over switching them back and forth
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Looks cool - excited to try it out.

I also like this tidbit "...player can swap between powers to see the unlisted powers in the roster". So, for example with Old Man Logan, you could see what his power does once he transforms.
    Sorry, couldn't help it.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Return of mutants to MPQ! Does this open the door for some missing beloved mutants like Nightcrawler or Angel?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cloak's Demotivation tile. I've been waiting for one of those. Hope it's fun to play with.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Removed Off-Topic Posts
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this character is a mode switcher.

Each mode has one active, one passive, and one mode switcher.

For 6 purple AP (or 3 if there is enough black on the board) you can swap out the passive and active power.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor

So the second character, not in front, generates 3 AP, if you have a minimum of 8 and the front character swaps to the rear for 3 turns during the first turn, unless you're stunned. Got it.?

#SaveOML
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock wrote:
    At the start of the turn, if there are Black tiles on the board, this ability creates a Red Attack tile.

Isn't it extremely rare to have a color not on the board at all, even after a power is fired with the ability to remove all tiles of a particular color from the board? Should this read "if there are special Black tiles on the board"? I don't know. Just seems like an odd qualifier.

Pretty cool that you can switch between the two. That opens up many possibilities.

I was confused, too. Maybe it means that if there's a certain number of those tiles on the board, and since that number would probably change with increased covers, they didn't say how many it would take?

I guess we'll know for sure on the 6th.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Return of mutants to MPQ! Does this open the door for some missing beloved mutants like Nightcrawler or Angel?
    They might have been X-Men at some point, but they're definitely not mutants. I even remember an issue where Dagger gets tested and discovers she doesn't actually have the X gene.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:

they aren't mutants. they got their powers from experimental drug to get high.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:
    They might have been X-Men at some point, but they're definitely not mutants. I even remember an issue where Dagger gets tested and discovers she doesn't actually have the X gene.
    They are 'mutates'. Experimental drugs gave them their powers.
  • GurlBYE
    Dormammu wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:

I want a 4 star dormammu released during a strange event if I can't have skrull and I want him to be the blue version with money in his hands

http://i.imgur.com/dPyCe.jpg

Your name reminded me of it.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Dormammu wrote:
    Koffitok wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Right. The point is that this release says nothing about future mutants being added to the game.
  • Marvel tried to shoehorn them into the X-Men once as a failed attempt at relevance. Nobody was on board with it and they quietly pretended like it never happened.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I want a 4 star dormammu
    Don't be insulting. I am at least a 6-star.
  • GurlBYE
    I'd take Wiccan and other younger avengers if the xmen are off the table.

We already have kate.

Runaways are also super acceptable.