PSA: Migration To New Forum (4/3/17)

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    sale just wrapped up. lots of posts might get lost in the shuffle. what a perfect time to come out with a big announcement...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I strongly disliked the last major change to the forum's but I really appreciated the link at the bottom to allow us to view the forum the Old way. Will we still have this or are we stuck only viewing the forum the new way?
    The forum aesthetic will look largely the same as it does right now, with the exception of a couple small layout changes; it's mostly additional functionality being added. Having said that though, I'm currently unaware of any button/link that will bring players back to the old format.
    Ludaa wrote:
    You guys better make double sure it's integrated with STEAM accounts too... icon_lol.gif
    You joke, but I think we do have the option to integrate STEAM login for the forum. icon_lol.gif
    So, uh, do we still get to keep our reputation?

Asking for a friend of a friend.
    Unfortunately to my knowledge, the new forum does not support the Reputation counter, HOWEVER ranks will still transfer over (For example, if you are a Critical Contributor, you will still have that title on the new forum)
    TxMoose wrote:
    sale just wrapped up. lots of posts might get lost in the shuffle. what a perfect time to come out with a big announcement...
    I swear this wasn't intentional timing icon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    that was not pointed at you at all. I know you're just a messenger. communication has been better than it was for a long time. we'd really like some details when you can.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:

Unfortunately to my knowledge, the new forum does not support the Reputation counter, HOWEVER ranks will still transfer over (For example, if you are a Critical Contributor, you will still have that title on the new forum)

This is worse than the OML nerf.

sad_vision_zpsoyrjdqm7.jpg
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:

2b0e2e6e-a7d8-431c-9bc1-39ae8c086db0_text.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Sorry brigby, but a sad face is not good enough. You (demi/d3) don't HAVE to release a very controversial character change during the same 24 hour window that you just so happen to disable any player feedback retention on the forums. Planned or not, you are still choosing to do it.

It's bad a choice. And one or the other event could definitely be pushed back a few days. I really dont think that the majority of player criticism from bonus heroes through vintage heroics, to this have been asking for the sun, the moon and the stars from you guys. But you just keep piling on the disappointments. I really dont like being so negative, but this is getting pretty bad. Like boss rush/cc-nerf levels of bad customer service and bad gameplay changes all mixed together.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    If there is a thing to link our forum account to our game account, is it ok to have a different name on the forum than the game or do I need to change my forum name?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I've been working hard to build up my reputation.
  • Brigby
    If there is a thing to link our forum account to our game account, is it ok to have a different name on the forum than the game or do I need to change my forum name?
    Having that feature is definitely something we're looking into, but as of right now there is no functionality to link forum account to your game account.

Having said that though, if we ever do find a way to implement that, we'll do our best to make sure players will be able to keep their forum name the same as it is right now.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    Brigby wrote:
    Having that feature is definitely something we're looking into, but as of right now there is no functionality to link forum account to your game account.

Having said that though, if we ever do find a way to implement that, we'll do our best to make sure players will be able to keep their forum name the same as it is right now.

Do you think it would just be better if I changed my forum name once it switches over or keep it in hopes that you will be able to implement that?
  • Brigby
    Brigby wrote:

Do you think it would just be better if I changed my forum name once it switches over or keep it in hopes that you will be able to implement that?
    I think for now you should keep it the way it is. I can't guarantee we'll be able to find a way to connect the two together, so changing your name could potentially be for nothing.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    @Brigby You are great!
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    so, what's the address to the new forum?
  • Brigby
    edited April 2017
    T-Minus Less Than 1 Hour Until Forum Goes Offline
    matthatter wrote:
    so, what's the address to the new forum?
    Once the migration is complete, the old forum should redirect you to the new one.