PSA: Migration To New Forum (4/3/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Big news — we’ve got a new forum design coming for you on Wednesday, April 5th. We can’t wait for you to check it out!

A few important things to note though:
    • Any posts you create on the D3 Go! forum after 6pm (PDT) tomorrow (Tuesday, April 4) might not carry over in the migration. We recommend holding off on posting after that point (until the new forum is live which we expect to have ready by the afternoon of Wednesday, April 5 - PDT). • Your username and password are staying the same, and all your posts and comments will carry over too. No need to worry about missing content! • The new forum will be at a different URL, but everything will redirect smoothly — just remember to update your bookmarks.
The new D3 Go! forum will bring some new features that includes direct tagging (aka @mention), improved design/layout of the forums, gamifying parts of the forums (maybe cool prizing in the future with free gifts), new comment reactions, more efficient editor via WYSIWYG (no need to fool around with HTML anymore), and many more!

Thanks so much for your support and patience through the migration process. There will be things we will need to tweak in the first couple of days as nothing is final, so your feedback will be very helpful. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

Cheers,
Brigby, and the team at D3 Go!

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Comment reactions... Return of the down vote?
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Will downvotes come back?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Oh, @Brigby. I feel sorry for you. I predict every post and comment will start out like this:

@Brigby

My deepest sympathies to you, dear friend.

1mmqvw.jpg
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    gamifying parts of the forums (maybe cool prizing in the future with free gifts)

I'm excited to hear more about this, assuming they are in-game gifts and not like, ~forum badges~.

And will the new forum still include all of the character icons, or will you be vaulting some of them?

I kid, I kid.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    Comment reactions... Return of the down vote?
    Unfortunately we are not bringing back down votes, in order to avoid any potential scenario where they are used maliciously to grief others.
    matthatter wrote:
    Oh, @Brigby. I feel sorry for you. I predict every post and comment will start out like this:

@Brigby

My deepest sympathies to you, dear friend. -imagesnippedforspace-
    So many notifications.... SO MANY! icon_eek.gif
    mega ghost wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    gamifying parts of the forums (maybe cool prizing in the future with free gifts)
    I'm excited to hear more about this, assuming they are in-game gifts and not like, ~forum badges~.

And will the new forum still include all of the character icons, or will you be vaulting some of them?

I kid, I kid.
    There will be forum badges, but there certainly is the possibility of incorporating in-game gifts as well. It's something we'll be looking into once everyone has fully settled in.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I linger on this forum all day. Looking forward to an improved experience!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    So many notifications.... SO MANY! icon_eek.gif

Idly, I wonder what would happen if nested tagging happened. Your post includes an @Brigby, while quoting somebody who used an @Brigby, who in turn quoted somebody else who...
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Exciting news! Cant wait to see how it can help the community growth and entertainment.
  • mega ghost
    Brigby wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

I kid, I kid.
    There will be forum badges, but there certainly is the possibility of incorporating in-game gifts as well. It's something we'll be looking into once everyone has fully settled in.

I will happily take both, thank you.
  • mega ghost
    It would be pretty excellent if there were a way to link our game and forum accounts so we could show our rosters and have achievements and such.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I strongly disliked the last major change to the forum's but I really appreciated the link at the bottom to allow us to view the forum the Old way. Will we still have this or are we stuck only viewing the forum the new way?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    You guys better make double sure it's integrated with STEAM accounts too... icon_lol.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds great. If you guys need help, I volunteer to help make sure everyone has the new url. I promise 100 million percent I will totally absolutely never in a million years give some individuals the wrong url by accident.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    So, uh, do we still get to keep our reputation?

Asking for a friend of a friend.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    • Any posts you create on the D3 Go! forum after 6pm (PDT) tomorrow (Tuesday, April 4) might not carry over in the migration. We recommend holding off on posting after that point (until the new forum is live which we expect to have ready by the afternoon of Wednesday, April 5 - PDT).
    I guess we know when the next season character changes will be announced
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    a1a27cb7e9f41eb6987f94de9ed38d4d7dd8f5236090a8d4628d7b67943d06c2.jpg
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Aww shoot, I was hoping for more badgers.
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    JangoLore wrote:
    Aww shoot, I was hoping for more badgers.

cvKSRxC.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll just settle for a store where I can earn the 3* and 4*s you took away from me, without having to actually pay to do so. icon_e_wink.gif

I'll trade the badges for that, if that'll work?