4*DDQ - Yes you can (also know as Make the MPQ great again!)

2»

Comments

• TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    You can pretty much earn a 4 star token everyday already. It just takes some work and I don't feel that is a bad thing. This is a game and people who play more should be rewarded more.

2cp from pve nodes
    2cp from DDQ
    5cp from 4 of 6 clears on each node in PVE
    15cp on final clear of pve progression and 10cp from 575 pvp progression fill in the rest.

toss in random cp from the alliance and bonus commercials and bam, there you go, a 4 star per day.

Since the DDQ revamp my 4 star collection has almost tripled and Ive been able to max out 6 new people.

People just want stuff for free with the littlest amount of work put into it. If you add a daily 4star then everyone will just grind DDQ to collect and there is no point to play the game. It almost impossible to keep an alliance with 20 people playing as it is. At least now there is still a point to grind out some high scores.

Please note though I do think vaulting is stupid and the bonus draw rate is a joke. Ive open 100s of packs and spend 20 cp a day and only have pulled 2 so far, so there ratio is very untruthful, at least to me. My alliance pulls them it seems every other token though.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I had been asking for this well before this post, but on April 22 LAST YEAR I put up a poll:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130

And of course, most the players believed A YEAR AGO that it was time for daily 4* DDQ.

That's because most players are in 3* land. Of course they want 4*. A year ago i would be totally up for daily 4*, now with 20 champ 4* and the rest at 9-13 covers not so much. I'm already getting more covers than iso to champ.

At least you're getting them. The point of the poll (a year ago!) was that dilution was terrible (um....thanks vaulting?) since 4*'s were already equal to 3*'s, and you'd rarely/never get specific covers needed to cover your 4*'s (um....vaulting has made worse than ever).

For all those that have the 5/5/2 old 4*'s they'd like to cover, it's going to be a long, long wait for that last cover (or painful misses from the bonus hero mechanic, which still doesn't address the need for colorless covers!)

For those that have all the old 4*'s champed - it no longer matters, since you won't be getting more covers for them (or the great champ rewards in upper levels) any time soon, if ever.

4* DDQ would -slightly- address these problems, if it gave a specific color each day. And I say slightly because there are simply so many 4*'s now! What is it...45? That means if you could earn one given color every day, you would have eight total covers of each 4* in a year.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheDobot wrote:
    You can pretty much earn a 4 star token everyday already. It just takes some work and I don't feel that is a bad thing. This is a game and people who play more should be rewarded more.

2cp from pve nodes
    2cp from DDQ
    5cp from 4 of 6 clears on each node in PVE
    15cp on final clear of pve progression and 10cp from 575 pvp progression fill in the rest.

toss in random cp from the alliance and bonus commercials and bam, there you go, a 4 star per day.

Since the DDQ revamp my 4 star collection has almost tripled and Ive been able to max out 6 new people.

People just want stuff for free with the littlest amount of work put into it. If you add a daily 4star then everyone will just grind DDQ to collect and there is no point to play the game. It almost impossible to keep an alliance with 20 people playing as it is. At least now there is still a point to grind out some high scores.

Please note though I do think vaulting is stupid and the bonus draw rate is a joke. Ive open 100s of packs and spend 20 cp a day and only have pulled 2 so far, so there ratio is very untruthful, at least to me. My alliance pulls them it seems every other token though.

So i don't have to explain to you how those tokens and the poor bonus hero rate wouldn't help with old characters and a daily 4 star from ddq would help do I?

it seems like you did that all yourself in this very post after deciding that people who wanted daily 4 DDQ were lazy.

as an aside
    ____

Also why exactly would you include the 15 Cp in a DAILY count, during the worst possible event? (a 7 day event)

And in what world do you get 5 cp for clearing each node 4 times?
    That's barely top 200 in cl8.

And your alliance buys on a daily basis?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I've suggested this before, but they could vary Crashes daily but only offer the reward every five days, and then every day there could be a progression reward (which also varies daily) that can only be achieved by completing the Crash.

Voila. Players get to choose between 5 different 4* covers every 5 days, with minimal programming effort or adding a whole lot of resources into the game. As a bonus, CotT becomes more accessible without becoming easier.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind they already have an alternate crash and ddq programmed and used it for 5 days during thanos' introductions and you could use a 3 or 4 from a group 1 on 1 v thanos for a token per day.

And no one suddenly got rocketed into a new tier of play lol.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    No, thanks. It doesn't matter if you have the covers but not the iso to level up.
    Well actually it does because ISO in inevitable while covers are random.

It's frustrating to not get a champ level sure, but the characters are still usable while boosted.
    Vs iso which is great, but with no covers, literally can't be used for anything besides skips and boosts.

Most iso rewards in game are guaranteed and most others bonuses, where as besides progression and placement most covers are random.

Right now i'm working on Agent Venom > Medusa (will try to squeeze in 3* Thanos in the middle). I'm trying my best to hoard too. So i'd hate to play DDQ today and get a cover for one of my fully covered 4*.

Covers may be random, but they are everywhere in-game if you play. Iso is there too, just not enough.

Keep in mind, when DDQ was introduced, champing was not yet introduced. A lot of us vets would play and just sell the 3* covers we didn't need. It helped, especially since back then iso was an even more rare resource. Same would apply if you didn't have the correct distribution of covers.

Think of all the people that post that they have gotten 6+ covers of the same color for a 4*, and none of the others. That's how it was back then. Also, to add even more to my "back in my day" post, you only got 3* covers for top 50, not 100.

The way 4* covers don't just rain down on us now, it was like that for 3* back then. This is exactly why they need to increase it to a daily 4*
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Spudgutter wrote:
    Keep in mind, when DDQ was introduced, champing was not yet introduced. A lot of us vets would play and just sell the 3* covers we didn't need. It helped, especially since back then iso was an even more rare resource. Same would apply if you didn't have the correct distribution of covers.

Think of all the people that post that they have gotten 6+ covers of the same color for a 4*, and none of the others. That's how it was back then. Also, to add even more to my "back in my day" post, you only got 3* covers for top 50, not 100.

The way 4* covers don't just rain down on us now, it was like that for 3* back then. This is exactly why they need to increase it to a daily 4*

I'll quote myself, versus just an edit

Now that I think about it, look at some of our high level 3*. I'm a day 1200, somewhere closer to hardcore player than casual, who had most 3* at 166 when champing was introduced. Even with farming 2* now, my highest 3* is Lcap at 249. That's 83 covers in 16 months. And that's with top 100 rewards from pve and PVP and alliances, the 2* farm, etc.

Even if they introduced a 4* DDQ, I bet I would just get an additional 30, maybe 40 a year.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hell yeah, I'm in favor of this. You're a fool if you aren't in favor.

It sure as hell isn't going to happen, but I'm still in favor of it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm still curious how the devs reacted to my proposal of putting a cover at 44,000 points as a DDQ progression reward.
    This falls in line with the idea of a 4* DDQ, but when I brought up your idea to one of the developers, they actually really liked it. Last I heard, it was being passed along to the Lead Designer for evaluation.

Beyond that, I don't have much of an update to share. Having said that though, I will pass along this current thread to the developers to stir up that idea again.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    How about an additional cycle-long progression score as well? Earn enough points over the 5 days and pick up the featured 4*.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    As much as I'd love this, what bothers me more is why we don't yet have a 4* pvp? I realize of course it's more work to develop, but really it's the same template, and with all these characters I think it should have already been added a while ago.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    ejmus wrote:
    As much as I'd love this, what bothers me more is why we don't yet have a 4* pvp? I realize of course it's more work to develop, but really it's the same template, and with all these characters I think it should have already been added a while ago.

4* PvP could be great, not just for players with mature rosters who feel handicapped because they're forced to drag along a 3* with their best pair of boosted heroes, but for the players that have a 4* with a handful of covers, that really aren't helping them right now but could get some play time in a 4* arena. And for those players that just don't have the character, just as in the 3* PvP they can use the 1/1/1 loaner and see what it's like to use that character, have fun with it, try some creative teams. Then the next time that 4* comes up as a reward in PvP or PvE you have a motivated player who is more engaged with your game.

Regarding 4* Daily Crash, I think sometimes people think of just getting all 13 covers for the 4 stars, but what about those hundred champ levels that are almost off-limits to all but the whales? Allowing more covers into the game doesn't change the natural choke-point of ISO, so rosters aren't going to grow out of control. With regular play you can probably open a classic pack nearly every day, just gathering CP from PvP, PvE, champ rewards, etc. That's a daily 4*. I don't think adding a 4* crash would hurt the game in any way. If anything, it would be a small step toward easing that 5* transition. Those 4* champ levels eventually start giving out LTs, and give players a shot at some 5* covers.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    ejmus wrote:

There was a thread about this a while ago. I'll quote myself: The Season should consist of 5 4* events and 5 3* events by now. It's simply where the game is.
    Brigby wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm still curious how the devs reacted to my proposal of putting a cover at 44,000 points as a DDQ progression reward.
    This falls in line with the idea of a 4* DDQ, but when I brought up your idea to one of the developers, they actually really liked it. Last I heard, it was being passed along to the Lead Designer for evaluation.

Beyond that, I don't have much of an update to share. Having said that though, I will pass along this current thread to the developers to stir up that idea again.

Pass along that if we're getting even more covers we'll also need more ISO to keep up.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    ejmus said:
    There is no issue with the code. Each 4* had a release PvP. Plug and play. This should be a thing for a year now but is still not. Maybe it will happen with SL9 - you will be able to play 4* PvP (also known as bloodbath).