4*DDQ - Yes you can (also know as Make the MPQ great again!)

Magic
Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
4* Deadpool Daily Quest.

The five words that provide the solution to the current situation in the game. Both from the gameplay perspective and from the general feeling on the boards (which, I am sure, translates to general feeling in the game even if not in 100%).

Dear Developers - the solution was always there but for reasons unknown you refuse to apply it.

Keep the vaulting if you have to. Keep the Bonus Hero laughing rates where they are if you choose to. Your bottom line is safe here. But bring in the daily 4* quest that rewards the specific cover. Put in the same limitation as there is on current 3* DDQ. It is long overdue.

There are now more 4* than there were 3* when you have introduced this feature. And it remains one of the most beloved features in the game. Just make it better by adding the 4* to it. Nobody can realistically hope to cover a 4* using it in a short time (as you add more 4* the rotation would become longer). But they have the hope to do it.

So please, bring back the hope and allow us to regain the joy of playing this game.

ps. @Brigby If there is one question I would like the developers to answer it is this one: why the 4* DDQ is not in the game yet? Can you try to find that out for the forum users? What is the reason behind it (as mentioned - the 3* DDQ was introduced when the number of 3* was lower than the current number of 4*)? Is is in the plans? And if yes - when could it happen?

Comments

• Mpqdr72
    Mpqdr72 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    This would qualify as the big great feature of 2017.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The difference here is that when DDQ was first introduced, 4* play was fairly well established and the first 5* character was only six months away. Now, 5* play is reserved for hardcore (and lucky) players and whales only, there's no avenue to get them other than random token pulls, and making 4*s easier to obtain would mean Demiurge would need to address this problem... and also start adding arbitrary 6* characters so that the hardcore and whales have something to work towards, and don't get bored and leave.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ is already great. Probably still the best feature besides the Champion system. Adding to the system an ability to get new 4* covers daily similar to 3* would be a great improvement, but given that they literally just revamped it and didn't include that I'm not holding breath.
  • Magic
    broll wrote:
    DDQ is already great. Probably still the best feature besides the Champion system. Adding to the system an ability to get new 4* covers daily similar to 3* would be a great improvement, but given that they literally just revamped it and didn't include that I'm not holding breath.
    I'm affraid you are right. It was the best opportunity to introduce the feature. But this is what leads to my question to Brigby - why it didn't happen yet?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah even if they just make clash daily something has got to give in this 4 star situation. And vaulting isn't solving the problem but prolonging it.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    A 4-star cover every single day? I think that's excessive and a pretty unrealistic ask.

I do wish that if you cleared DDQ and the Crash everyday for the 5-day stretch of the vault/crash that you'd be awarded a 4-star cover for the character you completed the crash with. Something like that seems more realistic and would circumvent the vaulting since it would be a progression reward. Problem with that is, it would really be a bummer to get a 6th cover that way since you'd have to wait 200 or so days in between them.
  • GurlBYE
    edited April 2017
    A 4-star cover every single day? I think that's excessive and a pretty unrealistic ask.

I do wish that if you cleared DDQ and the Crash everyday for the 5-day stretch of the vault/crash that you'd be awarded a 4-star cover for the character you completed the crash with. Something like that seems more realistic and would circumvent the vaulting since it would be a progression reward. Problem with that is, it would really be a bummer to get a 6th cover that way since you'd have to wait 200 or so days in between them.

45 * 12 is 540.

It'd take 540 days for a person to fully cover all characters, if you have them already and it cycles perfectly in your favor all 12 times. And with vaulting new players won't have 75% them anyway unless its from progression or a bonus hero.
    4's aren't what they used to be. They aren't untouchable rare gods.
    There are too many to hold the status they used to.

A 3 a day probably sounded like an unreasonable ask before DDQ was introduced.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

It is not unrealistic. There are more 4*'s now than there were 3*'s when 3* DDQ was introduced. Trying to keep people interested in a game where you release a new character once every two weeks, but they remain completely useless for a year is unrealistic. After inventing a system for players to add champion levels, it is unrealistic thinking that will be satisfying when, once out of the latest 12, you'll only be acquiring by around three per year because there are simply that many characters to rotate through as progression awards.
  • Magic
    Clearly the 4* today are what 3* were at the time. And the option to get 3* cover everyday was shocking and exciting. And the 5* occupy the place now at the top and behind the thick RNG wall. Back in the day you could only earn the 4* by drawing it from the heroic/event token (no vaults, no legendary tokens). So the RNG wall was heavy for them (if the rates were not changed it was 1 in 14 when the 5* in LT are 1 in 7 pulls). And keep in mind that the tokens were scarcer. There was a 4* at 1000 or in placement but that doesn't really count here (but it's better than 5*).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

It is not unrealistic. There are more 4*'s now than there were 3*'s when 3* DDQ was introduced. Trying to keep people interested in a game where you release a new character once every two weeks, but they remain completely useless for a year is unrealistic. After inventing a system for players to add champion levels, it is unrealistic thinking that will be satisfying when, once out of the latest 12, you'll only be acquiring by around three per year because there are simply that many characters to rotate through as progression awards.

Reasonable and realistic begin with the same letter, but aren't the same thing. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm still curious how the devs reacted to my proposal of putting a cover at 44,000 points as a DDQ progression reward.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    No, thanks. It doesn't matter if you have the covers but not the iso to level up.
  • GurlBYE
    jgomes32 wrote:
    No, thanks. It doesn't matter if you have the covers but not the iso to level up.
    Well actually it does because ISO in inevitable while covers are random.

It's frustrating to not get a champ level sure, but the characters are still usable while boosted.
    Vs iso which is great, but with no covers, literally can't be used for anything besides skips and boosts.

Most iso rewards in game are guaranteed and most others bonuses, where as besides progression and placement most covers are random.
  • jgomes32
    GurlBYE wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Well actually it does because ISO in inevitable while covers are random.

It's frustrating to not get a champ level sure, but the characters are still usable while boosted.
    Vs iso which is great, but with no covers, literally can't be used for anything besides skips and boosts.

Most iso rewards in game are guaranteed and most others bonuses, where as besides progression and placement most covers are random.

Right now i'm working on Agent Venom > Medusa (will try to squeeze in 3* Thanos in the middle). I'm trying my best to hoard too. So i'd hate to play DDQ today and get a cover for one of my fully covered 4*.

Covers may be random, but they are everywhere in-game if you play. Iso is there too, just not enough.
  • DesertTortoise
    GurlBYE wrote:
    A 4-star cover every single day? I think that's excessive and a pretty unrealistic ask. .

45 * 12 is 540.

It'd take 540 days for a person to fully cover all characters, if you have them already and it cycles perfectly in your favor all 12 times. And with vaulting new players won't have 75% them anyway unless its from progression or a bonus hero.

All reasonable points, but unless there was a pretty massive gate for the daily 4-star, I think it would be uneven if you got a 3-star and 4-star cover every day. 4-star covers are supposed to be more rare than 3-star covers (and I'm fully with you that 4-stars aren't out of reach for anyone anymore) and I think going 1:1 doesn't really make sense.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE wrote:
    A 4-star cover every single day? I think that's excessive and a pretty unrealistic ask. .

45 * 12 is 540.

All reasonable points, but unless there was a pretty massive gate for the daily 4-star, I think it would be uneven if you got a 3-star and 4-star cover every day. 4-star covers are supposed to be more rare than 3-star covers (and I'm fully with you that 4-stars aren't out of reach for anyone anymore) and I think going 1:1 doesn't really make sense.

Making the node more difficult would be a fair gate.

Something between Clash of the Titans and the Enchilada, as Clash is technically for the 5 star transition.

If they even just made a 4 star only token and awarded that it crush so many problems at once.
  • DesertTortoise
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Making the node more difficult would be a fair gate.

Something between Clash of the Titans and the Enchilada, as Clash is technically for the 5 star transition.

If they even just made a 4 star only token and awarded that it crush so many problems at once.

I proposed this and good lord would it be helpful for a lot of things (including your example): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60777
  • jgomes32
    Something i would like to see (or wouldn't mind): Add another node on the end of the cycle, requires a 4* and rewards additional 2k iso and a retooled Vintage Token (4* only).

Handing out a 4* every day just isn't realistic. And potentially not helpfull at all.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Magic wrote:
    Clearly the 4* today are what 3* were at the time. And the option to get 3* cover everyday was shocking and exciting. And the 5* occupy the place now at the top and behind the thick RNG wall. Back in the day you could only earn the 4* by drawing it from the heroic/event token (no vaults, no legendary tokens). So the RNG wall was heavy for them (if the rates were not changed it was 1 in 14 when the 5* in LT are 1 in 7 pulls). And keep in mind that the tokens were scarcer. There was a 4* at 1000 or in placement but that doesn't really count here (but it's better than 5*).

Does anyone recall how many 4*s and 3*s there were at the time DDQ was introduced and what was the release rate for new ones (I wasn't playing back then)? My initial thought was they will never consider giving a daily 4* cover because it would be giving away the store, but if the situation really was comparable when they introduced DDQ, maybe not.

Were 4*s given as rewards in PvE back then? It seems to me that 5*s are in some ways the red-headed-step-children in that they are never boosted, given as rewards, set as required in PvE etc., but I don't know if the situation was the same when they introduced DDQ.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had been asking for this well before this post, but on April 22 LAST YEAR I put up a poll:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130

And of course, most the players believed A YEAR AGO that it was time for daily 4* DDQ.
  • jgomes32
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I had been asking for this well before this post, but on April 22 LAST YEAR I put up a poll:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43130

And of course, most the players believed A YEAR AGO that it was time for daily 4* DDQ.

That's because most players are in 3* land. Of course they want 4*. A year ago i would be totally up for daily 4*, now with 20 champ 4* and the rest at 9-13 covers not so much. I'm already getting more covers than iso to champ.