What are your Bonus Hero disappointments?

2»

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    My biggest disappointment is that probably ~90% of my LT pull, prior to introducing vaulting, were a complete waste. I got punished for not hoarding since the beginning (1 year of playing). I have plenty of old characters at 1-9 covers and they are never getting finished. Like 8-cover X-force, who is kinda close, but never gonna be good enough to actually spend CP on his covers, nor to set him as a bonus hero.

2nd would be dropping that massive change without any announcment beforehand.

3rd would be ignoring feedback and introducing pay wall with terrible heroic rates.

Overall I'm on the edge of quitting and next changes will probably let me make a decission about it.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Bonus draw rate is great, bonus draw RNG is very cruel.

Recently returned to the game, really want 3* Strange for PvE so have him set as my only 3* bonus hero - he's now at 5|5|0 with a further 8|1|0 covers on the stack + have had to sell some due to expiring.

Excessive negative reinforcement means at this point just seeing the bonus pop up has me pre-emptively groaning. icon_e_smile.gif

Though in honesty, if I don't draw a yellow cover in the next 4 days and have to sell 9+ potential champion levels I think I'll take it as a sign to walk away again.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Alsmir wrote:
    My biggest disappointment is that probably ~90% of my LT pull, prior to introducing vaulting, were a complete waste. I got punished for not hoarding since the beginning (1 year of playing). I have plenty of old characters at 1-9 covers and they are never getting finished. Like 8-cover X-force, who is kinda close, but never gonna be good enough to actually spend CP on his covers, nor to set him as a bonus hero.

2nd would be dropping that massive change without any announcment beforehand.

3rd would be ignoring feedback and introducing pay wall with terrible heroic rates.

This is pretty much my set of disappointments.

I'd have liked bonus heroes to extend to 2* as well, as that would have been a clear acceleration of earlier transitions and help push more ISO into the pot for both the huge stack of 4*s out there and the faster covering of the "chosen 12".

--Khanwulf
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I've had exactly zero bonus 4 and 5 star pulls since introduced. Pull a legend token once every 2 days on average so that's very disappointing.
    My 3 star bonus pulls are vary high, but all my 3's are champed so the none love for 4's is starting to get me down
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a single 4* yet, thats my disappointment. I set Iceman as my only 4* BH in hope of finally getting that last green and not a single cover has popped out yet. Great system. icon_lol.gif

3*s work well though having already added 16 levels to Strange and 10 to Thanos but the odds on getting 4* covers really need upping from my experience.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    4:95 bonus heroes from token_legendary.png since they were introduced with a current streak of 0:41

Disappointed in the whole system overall
  • Imbatman
    Imbatman Posts: 8
    Why is hawkguy still listed as "new" and untaggable in favorites? It has definitely been more than two weeks.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imbatman wrote:
    Why is hawkguy still listed as "new" and untaggable in favorites? It has definitely been more than two weeks.
    3star HE had not entered tokens yet, next Thursday
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    My 5* Bonus is a 5/1/2 Black Widow.

As my only viable 5*, I went for it!

I've had two bonus 5* pulls.

Both Purple X_X
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    As it currently stands, I have pulled zero 5* bonus covers, four 4* covers, and a bunch of 3* covers. I'm mostly happy, but the four star is War Machine, an archived character that I have been trying to finish off, and every bonus cover pull was the color at max. Now that War Machine is up to 12 covers from other rewards, I have swapped him out for my 4* champions.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    And my BH 4* rate is 0.6%. 5*? None yet.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoorah! I finally got a 4* bonus hero!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, it was a cover I had 5 of. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing that disappoints is kinda tangential to Bonus Heroes at large. That being the antiquated system of needing 13 covers with a very specific distribution. Allow me to tell you a little story...

A short while back I was racing Medusa covers. She was something like 3/4/5 with 3 purple covers pending. I opened up the middling hoard I had amassed in an effort to pick up one of the two colors that would do it. I set her as my only 4* Bonus Hero to provide that possible boost. What happened next? I pulled threemore Medusa covers: all of them purple. At least two were Bonus Heroes, mind you.

Cue rage.

(Important note: I banged on about pulling six more covers amongst the SSoLU, stupidly forgetting about the initial three I had. Mea culpa. Rage still stands.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    The one thing that disappoints is kinda tangential to Bonus Heroes at large. That being the antiquated system of needing 13 covers with a very specific distribution. Allow me to tell you a little story...

A short while back I was racing Medusa covers. She was something like 3/4/5 with 3 purple covers pending. I opened up the middling hoard I had amassed in an effort to pick up one of the two colors that would do it. I set her as my only 4* Bonus Hero to provide that possible boost. What happened next? I pulled threemore Medusa covers: all of them purple. At least two were Bonus Heroes, mind you.

Cue rage.

(Important note: I banged on about pulling six more covers amongst the SSoLU, stupidly forgetting about the initial three I had. Mea culpa. Rage still stands.)

Which is exactly why I always sit on 120CP and just spend anything that goes over that.
    I've had that happen far too many times and it's nor worth it, IMO, to sit on those covers when they could be used to add levels to a character. Especially if it's a good character.

I haven't really had any bonus woes so far, other than that time I opened my 10-pack and saw I got two Captain Marvels. Only I didn't because of the bug that showed the same cover twice and I actually got a Coulson and a Captain Marvel.
    Better than *none* but I'd have like to have had two =P

Gotta say though, I'm with the people struggling to champ her. I'm on 12 covers for Medusa, 9 for Carol and 9 for Coulson. Had way more luck with Coulson and I'm not that fussed about champing him. This is always the problem with 4*s, it takes me so long to champ them, by the time I have I forget how they even work.
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I've been wating since forever to finish my 3/4/5 4* Thor. She came up in PVE as placement reward so I thoght, great next pve she'll be in progression! Nope she got skipped due to Anniversary. So I decided to set her as my only BH. Got only one 4* bonus since vaulting and of course it was another blue.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    biggest disappointment is that it doesn't address imbalanced cover distribution on a character. my 5/1/5 oml and 1/5/5 surfer never have a chance without wasting a fecal-ton of cp. and disappointed in the rate of 5* BH drops. 3*s get doled out very often. 4*s every once in a while. and 5s almost never.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Biggest disappoint with the BH system:

That it was bolted on to a **** vaulting system; and at a 5% drop, it just doesn't proc enough to make up for vaulting.

Second biggest disappointment with BH (and biggest disappoint with the actual BH system itself):

I am heavily incentivized to NOT favorite any unchamped character with 5 covers in 1 or more colors. I love true healers, but my x23 has been stuck for months at 12 covers. BH should be the game's solution to let me finish out a personal favorite character of my choice. But at 5/2/5, setting x23 as my only 4* favorite would be colossally stupid. That's just a bad implementation Demi! Let us favorite particular colors.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Getting a bonus token_legendary.png IM yellow, making mine a 4/2/6 icon_e_sad.gif
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    My only 4* bonus hero is coulson.

My 4/2/5 Coulson has only ever gotten Blue bonus heroes (3 so far)

I'm blue da ba dee da boo dai......
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Pulling six black cover Doctor Dooms to finish off and champion him. Any other color will do, but the only one that comes is black.

Same thing happened when I used BH to finish off Daredevil. Five blues before any other color would show up. It's like they know and want to frustrate you into spending the 20CP instead so you may use $$ to buy more.

The chances of pulling that are .333 to the sixth power and .333 to the fifth power respectively. It's an astronomically small chance.