What are your Bonus Hero disappointments?

Revelr
Revelr Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
For me personally ever since the Bonus Hero system began, I've pulled enough covers for almost all the latest 12 to either champ, max cover, or at least make them playable. Except Peggy. I've pulled exactly one Peggy cover, and she sits at 5/0/3. Everyone else has made significant progress, but in all the months Peggy has been in the game, she sat on my roster 3/0/3. Gained a red from progression reward and one token pull /sigh.

Comments

• Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I have opened almost all my tokens since they added bonus heroes, and literally all I have gotten is 3 star.png heroes from the standard silver tokens, about two or three times. No 4's or 5's at all. Now that Dr. Strange left the latest legendary tokens, and since there is no characters I care too much about in the limited pool of vaulted heroes, I am hoarding again, so it will likely be months, if not more, before I get anything higher than a 3 as a bonus hero.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you meant post vault disappointments?

I'd have to go with Capt. Marvel. I've either max covered or champed everyone else in tokens except for her and Coulson. Coulson just needs one blue cover but sadly Carol is sitting at 1/2/5.

No disappointments with bonus heroes. 3* wise I was able to get both Thanos & Strange to 183 and then have switched to getting some olders guys up to 223 and 227 for the second cover and LT respectively. 4*wise I finished off my Iceman taking him to cover maxed from 1/2/5 and have also gotten a Peggy champ level and a Nova black. Only have pulled one 5*, an Iron Man since he is my most useful. I'm at 4.87% draw rate for 3* bonus heroes, 5.67% on 4* heroes and 4.2% on 5* heroes.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Peggy is my only 4* bonus hero. All of my bonuses have been Peggy's. She sits at 2/8/2. BH's are great...?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    my biggest disappointment with vaulting is i will never know the true power of Iceman (1/0/5)
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    I've pulled two black bolt covers since bonu heroes one normal one bonus both black for my 4/5/2 bolt.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 89 Match Maker
    The only bonus 4 I've pulled was a yellow cover for my 4/5/3 starlord :/
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely no disappointments on the bonus heroes side. My 3Thanos is up to level 202, my RHulk is up to level 298 (pulled at least 10 bonus covers for him) and I've even pulled 3 bonus 5Thanos covers to fully cover him.

Now vaulting on the other hand, is a different story.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The horrible rate of my 4 star bonus heros. I've gotten 2 since this was introduced.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    No disappointments at the 3* tier, but all of my Peggy pulls of late, bonus and otherwise, have been red. 9/3/2 woo
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    my disappointments are that I have only received 3* bonus heroes. In my opinion, if you pull a 4* from any token besides an LT, it should automatically come with a bonus hero. Otherwise, everything is just too rare.

My bonus heroes are at a whopping 2.14%, all 3's. So... my roster isn't going anywhere anytime soon, even though I have opened near 100 legendaries.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    I have been getting less 3* covers from elite tokens since this started. Used to be 1 out of 3 was a 3* cover. Now I get 1 out of 10. Otherwise rare to get a bonus 4* over and 3* bonuses are okay at best. Just mainly disappointed with the elite tokens since change. Bonus is okay since it's more than nothing.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    No disappointments at the 3* tier, but all of my Peggy pulls of late, bonus and otherwise, have been red. 9/3/2 woo

This is exactly me! I'm closer than you are (5/2/4) but I have pulled and sold SO MANY red Peggy's (she's my only 4* bonus). It really sucks that she has been out the longest and won't be champed before she leaves, but...

Agent Venom has 11 covers with one dying and two more progressionals coming!

Riri and Mordo have 8 apiece as well already!

Sadly, Medusa has only 6 covers.

My only non-disappointment is my 5/4/3 Carol. At least I'll have one of three meta characters champed before they are vaulted.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only two bonus heroes at the 4* level so far, both for Hulkbuster. I don't track my pulls, but am pretty confident the rate would be below 5 percent.

No 5*s yet, although I've only pulled like five 5* covers, so that's not terribly surprising.

No complaints with the rate that 3*s drop though. I've lost track of how many I've received since the system started. I've gotten a number of heroes up to level 183 for the 4* cover. Once they all hit that mark, I'll focus on getting them to 223 a few at a time and so on.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll echo the apparent less frequent gold drops in elite heroes.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    Covers I can't use - like that 6th OML red, or 6th+ 4* captain marvel yellow. 3-stars are all great since they're all champed (except Hawkeye).
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's disappointing that their intended pull rates for Bonus Heroes is across all pulls, instead of per star tier. I remember early into this change, someone complained to CS about no 4 star BHs. The response they got was that the player received enough 3 star BHs that the system was working fine and there were no issues.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:
    I think it's disappointing that their intended pull rates for Bonus Heroes is across all pulls, instead of per star tier. I remember early into this change, someone complained to CS about no 4 star BHs. The response they got was that the player received enough 3 star BHs that the system was working fine and there were no issues.
    This game is a joke most of the time to be honest.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    I was disappointed I opened 100+ Legendary tokens and only got 3 bonus pulls.
    2 were 5* ... but both were unusable Surfer and Phoenix covers.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    ~320 or so LT's and only one bonus 5*. Had plenty of bonus 4's, though...
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not sure about disappointments. I've been very lucky with BH pulls.

my biggest disappointment with vaulting is i will never know the true power of Iceman (1/0/5)

A lot can happen between now and never...