Do you plan to buy Vintage Heroic Packs?

2»

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm game for some single pulls but i'm a bit low on hp
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    If they have the 100hp daily I'll buy that the same as I buy any 100hp daily deal.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    No. I'd sooner die than support a token full of 2*s as a solution to vaulting.
    Dude. Look at what you wrote, take a breath, look at it again. Dramatic hyperbole is all very well, but that's offensive.

This is a game, not a matter of life and death. Some of us here play it as an escape from that.

~~~

I bought the daily deal - got a blue Antman and a bonus yellow Carol.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    I dont know yet - it depends purely on the price of pack and its content - i could use some old 4*s and by promoting them i could get some CPs or LTs, but with RNG giving mostly 2*s i will propably refuse unless the price will be really friendly.

E: So, now i see them. Basically Heroic Tokens only with limited drop. Nothing special so no reason for changing my HP-wasting habits icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Not on your life .
    I Voted no, what I need is ISO-8.
    Please just give us a double ISO event.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Not on your life .
    I Voted no, what I need is ISO-8.
    Please just give us a double ISO event.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Meh it's a second daily deal I buy all the 100hp daily deals so of course I bought this one as well.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I will only buy the Deal of the Day. My first purchase of that got me icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png and a bonus medusa_icon.pngredflag.png , so that is a win for me!!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted yes. Partially to just rile everyone around here who's already in a tizzy. (I'm a jerk like that.) Partially because I've got tons of HP and very little to spend it on. I'll buy the daily deal when it's available to me, which assuming it will exist in its current form, will be exactly as many times as the off-season is long.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried the 100 HP daily special... I pulled a 2*! Yay? icon_e_confused.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted yes, but I am not devoting extra resources beyond what I normally would. My usual HP spending on tokens goes to Story Vault Daily Deals if they have 4* characters I want and the odds are still good, otherwise Heroics. I don't particularly want Agent Venom covers.* Hence, I have been spending that 100 HP a day on the Vintage pack.

* Not because I dislike the character or think he is poor. But because I am approaching 13 covers and will easily get there between the two progression covers and Legendary Tokens. No sense reaching the point of extra covers when I am not ready to champion him at this time.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    I voted yes. Partially to just rile everyone around here who's already in a tizzy. (I'm a jerk like that.) Partially because I've got tons of HP and very little to spend it on. I'll buy the daily deal when it's available to me, which assuming it will exist in its current form, will be exactly as many times as the off-season is long.

You're not really riling anyone up. It's your HP to spend.

Just because you don't feel the same way everyone else does doesn't make you a jerk, or make other peoples opinions invalid because you don't feel the same.

It's just how the world works, so doing things in spite of people, instead of for your own desires is weird but if it floats your boat, go for it?
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I don't really know how much information this poll adds. What really matters is how many people change their spending habits with this token. I imagine most people are either the only spend hp on roster slots/shields; buy every 100 hp daily; or already buys other 40 packs.

I guess what I am saying is if the vintage pack doesn't drastically make buyers stop buying or non buyers start buying nothing is really going to come of it.
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I always buy any and all 100hp tokens. Right now there are 4 active (heroic, vintage heroic, Hulk, Bags). they all feed the 2* and 3* machine and you mostly get that HP back, It also contributes to your SHIELD levels, which also leads to more ISO. If you play everything every day, you end up HP positive, so it's not a bad deal to me.

However, it's not really a great system. They really dropped the ball with the whole vaulting/bonus hero/money grab thing and I'd be curious to see if they're making less money overall now.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    I voted no. To clarify:

* Free tokens: of course I'll open those, I mean, if I earn them through progression why not? But I won't push my progression any harder than before just to get them. If I happen to get them, I'll open them
    * Buying with HP: nope. For 100 HP I have a over 67% chance of getting a star.pngstar.png . Not odds I like. Rather save up HP for extra spots or for limited character vaults that are worth it
    * Buying with money: hell no!
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I have paid 300 HP (3 single pulls) for 2* Daken, 2* Marvel, and my 5+ (lost count) purple Ice Man cover for my 1/4/5. I farm 2* so this translated to:

250 ISO (champ level)
    coever to re-champ Marvel
    1000 ISO

And,

Disappointment (no surprise there for me)
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I will definitely not be buying or playing for Vintage Heroic Packs for several obvious reasons. First, vaulting sucked in the past and it sucks in the present. The issue of too many character covers could be avoided if character releases were stopped for a period of time, not if certain characters were vaulted. I remember getting one Black Panther cover and then not being able to get anymore because he was vaulted for like three seasons straight. Second, I think the availability of 2* characters in the Vintage Packs is absolutely ridiculous. It should be loaded with ONLY the vaulted 3* and 4* covers. If 2* covers are always around, why include them in this pack? It makes no sense to me. Third, it is D3's decision to vault characters again, so why should spend money, time, or HP for a CHANCE to get vaulted covers? Most people are going to just end up with a bunch of 2* covers they could get from standard, heroic, and elite tokens. These are my three main reasons for avoiding this store all together. I'll take my chances with Bonus Heroes, DPD, and CP thank you very much.