Do you plan to buy Vintage Heroic Packs?

Arphaxad
Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
This is a simple survey. During the upcoming off season, do you plan to purchase Vintage Heroic Packs with hero points?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point we're better served in just waiting till the off season and posting what people actually do once it's in front of them, and seeing if the percentages are actually different than usual.

Because it's a store, I never buy packs from stores with 2 stars. I have horrible luck with 10 packs, so thats just tossing cash in a shredder.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    The results of this poll won't be surprising.
  • GurlBYE
    Dormammu wrote:
    The results of this poll won't be surprising.
    That's why I'd rather wait until people are faced with actually using it.

I can entirely see someone getting a 4 they wanted from a free token then trying their luck because they have some extra HP.
    So this won't reflect anything significant.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    No. Because i don't need old characters. So i will continue to buy normal heroic tokens. Since introduction of the vaulted heroics i managed to champion 4 out of 12 fresh charaters. (Coulson, Gwenpool, Luke Cage, Peggy) - i think that's cool. I would never champion them that quick without vaulting.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I'll pretty much buy any single draw pack with a daily discount at 100. With the influx of hero point from scl, champs, and intercepts means there's little reason not to
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no as I won't buy 10 or 40 packs, but like any of the other tokens, I might buy the daily deal if I have spare hp.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I will buy the deal of the day (it is 100hp). I am at the point where i generate a decent amount of hp a day, and i would buy the 100hp vault pulls, and i started buying heroic pulls since bonus heroes were added. I like getting another option to have a shot at pulling older 4s. I can't begin to understand why people are so upset at offering another way to get older characters. While i would like to have easier ways to get Iceman and Rhulk, I have quickly covered and champed 2 4s that would probably have never happened under the old system. I am sure at some point, they will give us another outlet, but with the current release schedule of characters, the older system was unsustainable, and near impossible for newer players.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll open any free tokens I get, if any. I won't spend any resources or money other than that.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will treat this as I do with heroic tokens. I will open the ones I gain with gameplay. I will not buy any (even the daily deal). Nothing to see here.
  • GurlBYE
    edited March 2017
    I will buy the deal of the day (it is 100hp). I am at the point where i generate a decent amount of hp a day, and i would buy the 100hp vault pulls, and i started buying heroic pulls since bonus heroes were added. I like getting another option to have a shot at pulling older 4s. I can't begin to understand why people are so upset at offering another way to get older characters. While i would like to have easier ways to get Iceman and Rhulk, I have quickly covered and champed 2 4s that would probably have never happened under the old system. I am sure at some point, they will give us another outlet, but with the current release schedule of characters, the older system was unsustainable, and near impossible for newer players.
    Just to give another side of the same coin.

I've pulled as many legendaries as I did pre vaulting and I've no new champs, just new roster slots for characters with 3-4 covers now, because I didn't go out of my way to get new characters.

It would have happened under the old system, just in a much slower way, at the same time the other pulls would have likely fell under the distribution of the other characters.

the old system was difficult and time consuming before, but it's even more frustrating to have faced that, stuck to it, seen the progress you've made after a year of that system, even as rocky as it was, and then just have it shut off on the cusp of many characters finally being more than just dusty roster slots. So long as the 2 star rate isn't it's usual ludicrous over 50% then it should be serviceable, while still not very great.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, I never buy packs anyway. If I spend HP it's on vaults where I know exactly what's in there.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    No. I'd sooner die than support a token full of 2*s as a solution to vaulting.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Just to give another side of the same coin.

I've pulled as many legendaries as I did pre vaulting and I've no new champs, just new roster slots for characters with 3-4 covers now, because I didn't go out of my way to get new characters.

It would have happened under the old system, just in a much slower way, at the same time the other pulls would have likely fell under the distribution of the other characters.

the old system was difficult and time consuming before, but it's even more frustrating to have faced that, stuck to it, seen the progress you've made after a year of that system, even as rocky as it was, and then just have it shut off on the cusp of many characters finally being more than just dusty roster slots. So long as the 2 star rate isn't it's usual ludicrous over 50% then it should be serviceable, while still not very great.

This is accurate. The problem with vaulting for 3->4 transition players... who I tender are the majority of players beyond their first year, is that any collection of 4*s is nothing more than dust-collectors now. Only event progression rewards and legendary pulls are a reliable way to obtain 4*s, and as the Hulk event shows the current 12 will be prioritized even for progression.

Yet, the rate of CP and LT is not fast enough to complete covers until you have a good depth of 4* roster and can compete in PVP or for PVE placement rewards. PVE gives a choice of SCL 7/8 for progression, or a lower SCL for placement if you're really dedicated. PVP will not let you get to 900 with a transition roster, let alone place.

So there's several hundred dollars worth of HP slots and characters collected at 2-4 covers who will complete in maybe 3-4 years, if that. Forget champing them. Just complete.

3->4 was horrible enough before being poked in the eye.

Back to the heroic token: there's a 25% chance of pulling a 3* and a 7-8% chance of pulling a 4*; that means the odds of pulling a 2* are 67% or so. So. You'll get a 2*... or maybe a 3*.

--Khanwulf
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Any vault with a 4* cover that I need (and no 4* covers I'd have to sell) that goes on a daily sale for 100 HP is a candidate for my HP. I don't see any point in voluntarily disadvantaging my roster, when I'm already annoyed that vaulting is disadvantageous... That said, my understanding is that this wont be implemented as a vault (where I assume you have a 1 in 80 chance of getting that specific 4* cover you see).

IMO let them see the real statistics, if the vault tempts people into blowing $100s on HP to pull these 4*s that are retired and its a big increase for D3... then, unless it comes with some measurable downside, I'm mature enough to admit that it was the right change for them to make, and that if it continues this might not be the right game for me.

I'm guessing it might get people to drop some HP they have been saving, but I just don't see where the draw would be for people to whale it... if they want a 4* bad enough to contemplate whaling something like this, they would have bought it with 120 CP by now I'd imagine.

Seems like an all around stupid idea that wont require my conscious effort to boycott...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not going to buy any simply because I'm not going to - not as any kind of protest. I've decided that the adverse affects to my roster from the Vaulting are manageable and I'll simply plod along.

Also, I accidentally bought a 10 pack from "Red Shift" and don't have HP to burn. Otherwise I may have to convert a bit of HP to Iso and/or Levels.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Shouldn't there be an option for "Buy the Daily Deal for 100 Hero Points"?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Voted 'No'. I don't really need any vaulted 4*s yet. However, when the time comes that I want to champ one of the current Latest 12 that's rotated out, I'll probably purchase the daily deal if the 4* is in there. I already pull a regular Heroic Pack daily for a discounted 100 HP. If I've got HP to spare, it'll make sense to go for this new Heroic token as well.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    I voted no as I won't buy 10 or 40 packs, but like any of the other tokens, I might buy the daily deal if I have spare hp.
    ^^ I voted the same. I won't buy HP or spend any I have on a 10 or 40 pack, but I'll probably drop 100HP per day on the single token in the same way I do for any 100HP tokens.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I voted "No," but only because there are no vintage 4* covers I need, and therefore the odds of grabbing RHulk/4Clops/Peggy aren't any greater than getting them as Bonus Heroes.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Too low on HP to currently use my existing, not willing to spend $$$ to possibly get almost all 2* (that's my luck, someone will pull almost all 4* to balance it out lol), so I'm out.